Physical copies of books
87%

Total votes: 23
Sinning Trashcan
Brown Belt
House: Halcyon

Sinning Trashcan's Research Poll [FINISHED]

Thu May 03, 2018 1:20 am

Hey everyone! I'm Sinning Trashcan and I am gathering data for a research project I'm conducting for my college Journalism class. I am studying whether people prefer eBooks or Hardbound books, and I would love to hear your feedback.

If you want to, please comment why you chose what you did. It is optional, but it would be great data to add to my research. It would be much appreciated!
Last edited by Sinning Trashcan on Wed May 09, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As of right now, replies might be scarce (depending on how long replies are) since I am both taking 17 college credits (1 credit away from taking max credits) and trying to work an average of 30 hours a week at work. I will do my best to get things out though since I'm working on a schedule for myself!

~Replies~
(X = replied to
-- = hiatus/working on making or posting a form)

[X]asteria. [ ]NekoJennJenn [X]empress [X][X]apathy [X]Italy [ ]Sono Reizin [X]Angel-Chan [X]Snow

||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||

"Well, I'm a little bit of both. I don't want to do much, but I'm curious about it all."
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Re: Sinning Trashcan's Research Poll

Thu May 03, 2018 2:03 am

physical copy, bc i mostly read manga, and i only have my iPad now, which i dislike having to install apps on (id probably need an app to get books on there), and plus i just really like the feel of an actual book in my hands, and the new book smell and everything
Phancakes
White Belt

Thu May 03, 2018 3:30 pm

i'd personally rather have a physical book because I'm scared of somehow losing all my ebooks or my account or whatever. Irrational, i know, especially considering how many actual books ive lost in the past, but that's my thought process for ya.
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Fri May 04, 2018 2:41 am

enjoy physical better. the format is sometimes weird on ebooks i find - i have a kindle and it's been a while since i've used it
then again it's been a while since i've read a book xD
rough patch. trying to catch up with prompts first, then replies. sorry for the wait.

replies: walker, savannah, omnom, song, algo, irish, cider, important, memory,

finished & in drafts phoenix, ghost, snow, josh, algo, mags, melonous, andromeda, cider, algo, shai

forms: nio, mags
algorythm
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

Fri May 04, 2018 3:04 am

while ebooks are more convenient for obvious reasons, I don't think it'll ever stop me from preferring physical copies. although I do prefer to save my physical book money for stories I actually know and love.
  • xx
    ────────────────
    Imagex
    ────────────────
    the common words like I love you )───

────full moon────
    xsImagexs
    ───i full moon - sunmi
    xliv - canadian (est) - female
    ───iiheart beat so fast? i

x────────────────
    xImagex
    x────────────────
    x───( feel special tonight, why does my
MajorPoland
Bronze Belt

Wed May 09, 2018 10:47 am

definitely physical copies. I mean, ebooks are indeed more convenient because you can take loads of books with you and do not need much space, but I just love to hold a book in my hands and read it. Like the paper and the smell of a new or old book, you will never get that with an ebook. Also, no blue light that exhausts your eyes.
Plus, some series have these nice spines that sometimes give you a whole picture of something, again something you won't get with an ebook.
My name is MajorPoland. I share a common interest in Jugger, video games and computing.
If you ever need help or somebody who will listen, I am here for you.

search ~ momma bear ~ german/polish ~ female ~ atheist ~ taken ~

Smamm
Purple Belt

Wed May 09, 2018 2:34 pm

• For me, this totally varies. Overall, though, I would say physical copies. I'd prefer physical copies because I find it easier to highlight and makes notes, as well as to navigate as compared to eBooks.

This being said, for non-class related things, I prefer eBooks. It's just easier and if I'm reading for pleasure / not for class, then I don't really need the physical copy c:

on hiatus

still responding to pm
previously eccedentesiast
BlazeRod
Yellow Belt

Wed May 09, 2018 4:57 pm

I'm a hardcore manga reader, and since most manga I read are still in the right to left format of Japanese books, it's really hard for me to read manga as ebooks, so I definitely prefer physical copies.

☆ hello there i'm blazerod, your average legend of zelda fangirl.
If you ever wanna just squeal about Zelda games, then my inbox is always open. I'm a huge fan of the Oracle games primarily, and am currently open for a rp under the following categories: LoZ, MCSM,
Warriors, MLP, Pokemon, and Nonfandom ☆
Sinning Trashcan
Brown Belt

Wed May 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Thank you everyone for participating!! I really appreciate it~
As of right now, replies might be scarce (depending on how long replies are) since I am both taking 17 college credits (1 credit away from taking max credits) and trying to work an average of 30 hours a week at work. I will do my best to get things out though since I'm working on a schedule for myself!

~Replies~
(X = replied to
-- = hiatus/working on making or posting a form)

[X]asteria. [ ]NekoJennJenn [X]empress [X][X]apathy [X]Italy [ ]Sono Reizin [X]Angel-Chan [X]Snow

||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||

"Well, I'm a little bit of both. I don't want to do much, but I'm curious about it all."
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Re: Sinning Trashcan's Research Poll [FINISHED]

Wed May 09, 2018 11:02 pm

you’re welcome!