AS Events Discussion -- Current Event: 100 Days of Summer

Chat, socialize and discuss.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Deer
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Re: AS Events Discussion -- Current Event: 100 Days of Summer

Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Thank you for the heads up Kami! It is really kind to tell us, even if the delay is ever small. I understand that real life goes first and I rather have staff focus on their health/exams as to update the prompt at the exact second c: Besides, 2 hours isn't that much delay so I am sure AS will survive c;

I hope Lost will get better soon!

Also I am looking forwards to the next prompts. I am really liking today's so hopefully I can draft up something for that.

Hi, I am Deer! I love coding and spend a fair part of my
life doing it. I like Arrowverse, a lot. My inbox is always
open if you feel up to chat (about anything) or need some
help with BBCode. Check out my superhero group rp!

==================================================
BooSisPotato 100 DoSTo Do
All this time I was finding myself, I didn't know I was lost

Imagex

Gamora
Black Belt

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:24 pm

• I also enjoy the idea of smaller themes! Much better than having the full 100 days just one straight theme.The poll is more so just to share opinions are this particular theme!

I really like the fact that Sunday's have a requirement added to the prompt as well. Provides more of a challenge, which is always fun to work with. But man I need to catch up before I get too far behind.
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

thunderofthebun
Admin

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:23 am

I am happy to hear someone likes the challenge days! I was so pleased with myself when I thought of that a couple years ago but honestly didn’t expect it to get such decent feedback on the poll we did before this year’s DoS began. Sometimes I like my ideas only to find out many others disagree. XD

And I like the idea of discussions/polls on the prompts and themes - we do our best but of course we are still just a small representation of the whole userbase!
Happy July!

- Finalize the AS survey results
- Finalize Archivist roles and permissions ✔
- Finish getting Smamm set up with sorting ✔
- Create the 100 DoS prompt list ✔
- Update the anon box thread
- Finish PM responses
- Discuss the workshop idea
- Update the afflatus coding
- Prep afflatus images
- Update the team page
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the July blueberries!
Gamora
Black Belt

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:35 pm

• How has everyone been doing with 100 Days of Summer? Once we are about 3/4 of the way through the next theme, I will put up another poll for the new theme.

As a discussion question: what has been your favorite prompt you have written so far?
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐

└────────────────────┘

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:27 am

I find myself greatly enjoying this year's 100 DoS. The prompts are interesting, not too hard to write about, yet they still serve a bit of challenge when it comes to writing. I personally believe this is probably the most successful round of 100 DoS which we've had so far. cx

I think it's definitely impossible for me to pick a prompt from the whole event, so I'm probably going to pick one prompt from each page I've written so far in my thread, haha: #4, #10, #24 and #37. I think these I both like the most and were told that probably are the best ones I've written this year, lmao.
Deer
Silver Belt

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:22 pm

Now that we are at 40%, I can comfortably say that I like this year the best of all three. The prompts have been varying enough for me not to lose muse, so that is always good! Most prompts can be taken a lot of ways and that is good. Last year I recall some feeling pretty restrictive.

I did find the previous theme to be a bit broad to be called a theme, so I hope that the next theme which starts tomorrow will have a bit of a narrower scope as the previous one. While it is nice to have a variation in prompts and not write almost the same thing day after day, it was definitely not what I had expected from a theme.

I think my favorite prompt so far was the cliffhanger prompt. But in general I like writing for my hacker nerd, Darren, and my mechanic guy, Scott.

Imagex

Gamora
Black Belt

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:38 pm

• Yup, I agree that this year has been the best one yet as far as prompts though.
      I'm also with you Deer on the last theme, but I'm looking forward to the new theme starting tomorrow!

Though I'm surprised I'm still going at a steady pace. I made a goal to get to 75, but maybe I'll push for the full 100 this time!

As for my own favorite prompts, probably some of the Starmora ones are my most favorite (which is no shock to anybody): I'm really proud of day 22 & day 36 cause fluff. And as for non-marvel prompts (because shocker, only less than half are marvel): day 34 & day 39.

^ I've also been browsing both of your threads, by the way. Love your work!
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐

└────────────────────┘

Deer
Silver Belt

Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:57 am

Hello scribers,
I was wondering if anyone here had tips on how to write for today's prompt. I am a bit struggling with the idea of writing from the POV of an object that isn't alive because well, it isn't consious?

How do you guys think about writing for this? Any help is appreciated because I'm a bit stuck in my normal thinking pattern here cx Or does anyone have any examples?

Imagex

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Deer wrote:
Hello scribers,
I was wondering if anyone here had tips on how to write for today's prompt. I am a bit struggling with the idea of writing from the POV of an object that isn't alive because well, it isn't consious?

How do you guys think about writing for this? Any help is appreciated because I'm a bit stuck in my normal thinking pattern here cx Or does anyone have any examples?
That's a great question, haha. I had some weird thoughts in the morning on how to write it, honestly.

I think the easiest way to tackle this prompt might be to just pretend that the object you're writing about is sentient, yet, unable to move. While the very word 'inanimate' does mean the object isn't alive, nothing's stopping you from, let's say, writing about how a beloved plush toy has "protected" the child who had it from monsters in the dark or just write how it was handed down to another child, etc. You might even write simply focusing onto the said object while not really delving into how it would feel. I'm not sure if any of this made any sense, but I myself was thinking of writing either about a living being that had been turned to a statue, hence rendering it inanimate, or follow the example and write about a teddy bear. But today's challenge is, well... challenging, definitely. xD
Deer
Silver Belt

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Kami wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:23 pm
Deer wrote:
Hello scribers,

That's a great question, haha. I had some weird thoughts in the morning on how to write it, honestly.

I think the easiest way to tackle this prompt might be to just pretend that the object you're writing about is sentient, yet, unable to move. While the very word 'inanimate' does mean the object isn't alive, nothing's stopping you from, let's say, writing about how a beloved plush toy has "protected" the child who had it from monsters in the dark or just write how it was handed down to another child, etc. You might even write simply focusing onto the said object while not really delving into how it would feel. I'm not sure if any of this made any sense, but I myself was thinking of writing either about a living being that had been turned to a statue, hence rendering it inanimate, or follow the example and write about a teddy bear. But today's challenge is, well... challenging, definitely. xD
Thank you for your input Kami! I do agree that it is a challenge but once you get over the '????' it is quite fun.

For the people who ended up stuck as well, I had the idea to do some form of poetry and started from that point of view, but ended up just putting up some rambling about what came to mind. While it is not my longest piece or my most serious one, I do like it somewhat. I forgot that there didn't need to be literal humans around lol.

Either way, I hope people all find their creative ways to deal with this challenge c: Definitely looking forward to reading some!

Imagex