Hello, Is It Me You're Looking For?

A place where new members must introduce themselves before being able to participate on the full forum.
Braz
White Belt
House: Amaranthine

Hello, Is It Me You're Looking For?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:30 am

Hey, everyone.

My name is Braz. I'm 23, and brand new to this site! I typically rp real life/real life sci-fi. I have been known to rp animals a lifetime ago, so there's potential there. I have no trigger warnings or filter. What you see is what you get. I'm a photographer, a plant enthusiast, and a college graduate!

I look forward to meeting the people of AS <3
cerise
Attendant
House: Amaranthine

Re: Hello, Is It Me You're Looking For?

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:32 pm

• Hello, Braz!
    I'm cerise, and I'm one of the attendants here on AS. What that means is that I, and the other attendants (look for light blue usernames!) are responsible for helping out members around the site and helping to maintain the supportive community on this site. Welcome to Advanced Scribes! Although our community might seem a bit daunting at first, I promise you that everyone here is incredibly friendly.

If you haven't already, I suggest reading through the rules for AS. There aren't many, but they are significant. We have also recently added a mini announcements thread that will be good to read through in order to understand some more of the site and how it runs!

Houses have also been implemented into the site, sort of like Harry Potter if you know anything about it! A test is taken which will determine which house you will be placed into. This announcement is an old one, and the new test can be found here. Once you take the test and receive your house, you can find the chat thread for your appropriate house here. We also have a new announcement regarding the resorting for the Houses as well as information for all of the competitions that will occur throughout 2018. There is an announcement for March which can be found here. With summer now upon us, our annual 100 Days of Summer competition can be found here.

Here is The Great Hall. It's a lovely thread where users talk about honestly anything. It is a great place to meet people, as well as the Games thread. The TGH (the Great Hall) is underneath the General forum where various types of conversations occur! There are also clubs and things similar throughout the site, so you're sure to find people with like interests. Something to keep in mind, fi you haven't been debriefed on this Introductions forum, is that all new users are required to post at least twice on this board before being given full access to the rest of the site. This policy has been implemented in order to help weed out spammers!

When you are ready to begin searching for roleplay partners, there are two options available for you. These options are: the Search for Roleplays and Listings. For the first search, you are able to include pretty much whatever you would like. Most people include information about yourself, what you look for in a partner, your interests, etc. With the Search, you are only able to post once every three pages, as stated by the rules written on the first page by our admin Thunder. However, here you are able to see pages of other people's posts. The second option is to post a thread in the Listings which is underneath the Advertisements forum. With the listings, you are able to include as much information as you would like, as it is your own thread rather than only one post. there are many ways you can arrange your thread, but because these are not re-posted, many people prefer to include "updated" along with the date in their titles if recent changes are ever made. Also, users tend to place links to these threads in their signatures as well as include the status of the thread - whether it is open or closed, which simply means whether or not they are looking for a partner at this time.

We also have a widely used forum called Personal Storage. Here many users post characters, search ideas, plots ideas, and many more things!

We have many more forums and threads within them here on AS. These were just a few I figured could be helpful upon starting out here on AS.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me at any time. I check my inbox daily, and reply as soon as I can. I hope you enjoy our website ^^

- cerise