AS Downtime - PLEASE READ - updated 8/13/18

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.
thunderofthebun
Administrator
House: Halcyon

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Hello everyone and Happy August! I wanted to share some news with you guys and I'll keep it brief - in an effort to combat the coding bugs we've been having and to better set AS up for the future, it's time for another coding upgrade. We are also excited to be trying out a new theme that is designed for it that I have purchased.

Beginning tomorrow BY 7 AM EASTERN TIME, AS will be LOCKED. We currently anticipate it to be down for as long as 24 hours while we finesse some final touches once everything is updated. Realistically, the forum will likely be accessible by evening but we will keep you posted! We understand this is short notice but our awesome coding resource Ellimist is able to help ASAP and this has been in the works for a little while. As long as you have saved everything at that time, you shouldn't lose anything. However, we do understand that with a new theme, there will likely be some effects on coding such as alignment, so just be prepared for that! We all got through it last time, and can do it again, plus this way it will be longer before we have to even consider something like this again!! Our goal is to work towards a smoother future.

STOP ALL WORK BY 7 AM EASTERN TIME.
To help balance things with prompts, I am publishing days 74 and 75 now.
Day 74: “It’ll only hurt a little.”
Day 75: Under the bed

UPDATE::
We have now made the upgrade and changes and have unlocked the forum, as you can now see.
Please see Meraki's post here and keep in mind that your browser is likely displaying the ProSilver theme, which is not up to date. To see the new theme, you'll need to select it in your Board Preferences -> select the one called 'Milk'.
Obey the rules or walk the plank.
Kael
Silver Belt

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:13 pm

I hope it is okay if I ask my question here:
Will the current themes still be accesible after tomorrow's downtime?
Stay tuned.
AS Hiatus.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Will we be given another extra day for prompts since the site will be down?
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Imagex News: Deer is amazing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [X][∞] Deer [][X]
Momo [X] Phoenix [X]
Snow [] Mobius [X]
Lucid [X] Hazle [X]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Meraki
Overseer

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:17 pm

• They will not as its a complete overhaul. The current themes in place require manual updates by hand whereas the new themes being set in place will update automatically with the boards from now on but new color schemes will be made to follow through with the houses idea and continue your own little theme making legacy.

As for prompts, I'm not quite sure on that but an admin should come on soon to clarify their decision! I do know we have an extra catch up day at the end of this that may be used for it or social media may update with the prompt. Someone will clarify that soon.
COME TAKE MY HEART OF GLASS
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
[My fiance]xx[Dragon]xx[Duckling]xx[CC]
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Heyyo, I'm Connor one of the site overseers
here on AS. If you experience any bugs, I'm
your guy to go to. I'm currently a witchling
trying to impress my fiance, I have a really
huge obsession with foxes, and I love me a
good bit of horror. My inbox is always open

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Kael
Silver Belt

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Oh so AS is upgrading phpbb versions if I understand correctly? Bc then all makes sense.
Stay tuned.
AS Hiatus.
Meraki
Overseer

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 pm

• Yes, we are updating to the very latest version (3.2). It's why we're taking our time this time around to make sure its all nice and ready for everyone~
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Meraki wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:17 pm
    • As for prompts, I'm not quite sure on that but an admin should come on soon to clarify their decision! I do know we have an extra catch up day at the end of this that may be used for it or social media may update with the prompt. Someone will clarify that soon.

I mean, twitter hasn't updated the prompts since the 50th day so it's kind of hard to rely on that being updated. Tumblr hasn't been updated since 39th. So I'd personally think another extra day should be at least considered.
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Imagex News: Deer is amazing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [X][∞] Deer [][X]
Momo [X] Phoenix [X]
Snow [] Mobius [X]
Lucid [X] Hazle [X]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ayleid
White Belt
House: Amaranthine

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:09 am

I doubt losing a few hours will endanger the entire contest. XD
If it goes on for longer than expected I'm sure the staff will put them up on social media since prompts being posted there seem to be more of a general rundown on them. They're definitely NOT something you should rely on daily for updates, as that's what the actual forum is for. I don't think throwing off the staff's entire calendar for a couple wasted hours is necessary. x3

But if anyone will wanna look up what the next prompt is in the brief time AS will be down then these sites will be featuring the next prompt: twitter tumblr
Thanks staff for your work on this, interested to see what the coding will look like after all the changes.
ImageImageImage
Meraki
Overseer

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:19 pm

• Hi guys! With the update out of the way and new theme set in place, I'd like to personally explain what we're working with here. Currently we have this singular color layout in place to edit and fine tune, but once all bugs/issues/and preferences have been sorted I will begin to add more color variants. You will also notice that we are now at a fixed width which does mean a lot of code may have broken but now what you see is what everyone sees. If you would prefer we get rid of the fixed width and go to an adaptive layout, all feedback is welcome but do keep in mind that would vary for everyone. Other than that, you may also notice the sidebar profile setting and the updating banner underneath. This is subject to change just like many things but for now it is quite a nice feature.

Currently we are aware of a few things!
      -Broken bbcode (this will be the case no matter if we stay with fixed width or not)
      -Missing site banner (it will be updated shortly!)
      -Team Page (Right now we are customizing our own format)

This is definitely a huge adjustment but I hope you're all as excited and accepting as I am over this new, clean theme. Feel free to explore and play around with any new features and do let us know if you find any bugs or issues on the designated thread here. Again, things are subject to change within the next few days as we settle into this theme and iron out any details. Thank you for your cooperation and we hope you like the changes made.

Also, here is a new guide for symbols!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Gamora.
Brown Belt

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:32 pm

• The width got much smaller, correct?
      Cause now in my post preview, my sig looks fine, but on my profile and everywhere else it's trash lol
▬▬(SITUATIONS CAN CHANGE)▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❝ You are the only one who has taught me how to love and appreciate life
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
───────────────────────────────────
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
↞──────────[❤]──────────↠
marvel obsessed & starmora enthusiest
[x][x] lev -- [ ] algo -- [x][x] apathy
my starlord -- child -- mcu fanclub

↞─────────────────────↠
IT STAYS STRONG;