Houses Update Poll & Contest Announcement!

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.

How do you like the house system best?

Keep it on the single open thread.
30%
Make a whole board for each house but keep it open for posting by all AS members.
2%
Make a whole board for each house and keep it open for posting for only that house (others may view).
58%
Make a whole board for each house and keep it completely private to all but that house (others may not view).
9%

Total votes: 53
Meraki
Overseer
House: Halcyon

Houses Update Poll & Contest Announcement!

Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:06 pm

• Hello Scribes!

It has come to our attention that houses and the common rooms just haven't had a lot of interest lately, so the staff have been discussing a possibility that might open new and better things for this aspect of the site. Rather than a singular thread designated for the house and public for all viewing, we're proposing the idea of making private group boards where your house role will grant you access to an entire area for house discussion, planning, events, and more! The poll above is your chance to let us know what you think as well as help us decide where to go from here as our main concern in private discussion was segregating the site and issue with private areas in general. That being said, please do vote above your opinions and we will do our best to go with the majority!

Along with this, the Overseers on site would like to announce their idea for a color scheme creation contest! In light of the recent changes and high demand for more quality themes for user preference, we decided it best to open up a two week long contest where all members can actively contribute to submitting their color schemes for the site and possibly editing together imagery to show what color would go where! All entries would be sent either publicly on this thread or via private message to Meraki where all entries would be tallied up by all of staff at the end of the period and a few winners will be chosen. These winners will have the luxury of their color scheme being translated to the theme on AS and tagged in their name as credit! If this is something you're interested in, the contest will run from 12:00 am (EST) on Saturday morning, August 25th, 2018 to 11:59 pm (EST) on Friday night, September 8th, 2018.

We hope to all hear your opinions on the houses and see your entries once the contest begins!

Sincerely, AS Staff.
COME TAKE MY HEART OF GLASS
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
[My fiance]xx[Dragon]xx[Duckling]xx[CC]
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Heyyo, I'm Connor one of the site overseers
here on AS. If you experience any bugs, I'm
your guy to go to. I'm currently a witchling
trying to impress my fiance, I have a really
huge obsession with foxes, and I love me a
good bit of horror. My inbox is always open

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Kael
Silver Belt

Contest Entry

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:13 pm

*Disclaimer: Yes I don't have a profile side-bar but just imagine that one there as i was too lazy to enable it. And yes I gave the themes stupid names but ehhh

1. Enchanting-Unicorn (Or, as some people call it: PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE)

2. Forest-Of-Snakes

3. Quick-Brown-Fox

I might make edits to this post through time if that's okay.

Below the images with hex codes to make Mer's people's life easy.
Hidden text.
Lost
Orange Belt

Re: Houses Update Poll & Contest Announcement!

Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Did not know we were making funky names for them too... So I will make realllll silly names that may or may not get changed at some point :D

#Fairground Vomit

#Goblins

#NeverNever's Idea
Last edited by Lost on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
important
Global Moderator

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:06 pm

• this is what i've thrown together for now, but i'm 99% likely to edit it some more as time goes on

Hidden text.
    • 2. #51736A
      Hidden text.
    • 3. #4D4D66
      Hidden text.
Gamora.
Black Belt

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:59 pm

• I really like Deer's first one and Important's last one! Dunno if we are allowed to share our opinions on here but I really like them xD
xxxx{only here to respond to my rps. dont message me.}xxxxImage
NeverNever
White Belt
House: Unsorted

Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:36 pm

How long will it take to get sorted into a house once I do the quiz? Cause I think it's been almost a month's wait and I've heard nothing back.
Don't kill me, this is literally the only place I can think to put this question.
Last edited by NeverNever on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quantisma
White Belt
House: Vipera

Re:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:47 pm

I actually don't know if this entry is one that's qualified to win since it's not just a color scheme and closer to a skin, but I wanted to post it here and submit it anyway because I was really inspired to make it! (I'm not 100% sure if a gradient background would be possible on AS, but if I recall the new site layout has the grey bar which acts as a buffer for larger screens so maybe it could work???)

The AS stag mascot/art also obviously doesn't belong to me but since I included the 3-piece banner, I cut him and left him in place as well for the effect. I did overlay some purple over him to match the color scheme better, and painted in the surrounding dots.
Hidden text.
and this is an alternate version where the banner has a slight gradient:
Hidden text.
Everyone else gave their entries names, so I'll call mine a super cliche thing like Twilight Sky. If it does end up getting used, I have the original file and layers with everything that I can send to the design team to make things easier!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Image....

i'm izzy, i like science, books, a variety of shows and movies, and i have an attention span of approximately 3 minutes—if any of that sounds like your cup of tea or you wanna rp, hit me up!
chicken smoothie » flight rising » pokefarm q » 1 x 1 search
thunderofthebun
Administrator

Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:00 am

NeverNever wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:36 pm
How long will it take to get sorted into a house once I do the quiz? Cause I think it's been almost a month's wait and I've heard nothing back.
Don't kill me, this is literally the only place I can think to put this question.
Sent you a PM!
Obey the rules or walk the plank.
rakuen
Administrator
House: Unsorted

Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:49 am

quantisma wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:47 pm
Hidden text.
I love this one!
my love.
my inbox is always open.
Meraki
Overseer

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:13 pm

• Hello everyone! In conclusion to the contest I am here to announce the two winners. While all themes submitted were absolutely amazing and may just provide inspiration for themes to come, the two that will be featured as their own separate themes pending that all works out belong to NeverNever and Quantisma!

NeverNever with their darker/blue theme and Quantisma with their Twilight Sky will hopefully be available for use shortly. Thank you to all who participated. I can't wait to get these up for everyone~ ^-^
COME TAKE MY HEART OF GLASS
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
[My fiance]xx[Dragon]xx[Duckling]xx[CC]
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Heyyo, I'm Connor one of the site overseers
here on AS. If you experience any bugs, I'm
your guy to go to. I'm currently a witchling
trying to impress my fiance, I have a really
huge obsession with foxes, and I love me a
good bit of horror. My inbox is always open