Good Evening?

Welcome to Advanced Scribes! All new users are required to post within this board at a minimum of two (2) times before they will have access to participate on the full forum. We love new members and we want to integrate you into our family by getting to know you! Don't be shy!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Syn
White Belt
House: Amaranthine

Good Evening?

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:11 am

Hey everyone!

Well, I'm not particularly so great at making introductory posts, but here goes something!

I've definitely role played before. But I've never been very consecutive with it. I've gone through periods of depression where role playing is immensely helpful to me, which is when I am most active. That is not to say that when I role play I am always depressed, it's just how things have shaken out in the past. However, at the moment, I am in the social work field, with my immediate supervisor being a therapist. She recently suggested, since I've been working 7 days a week to make up for the fact that we are short staffed, that I fall back to old things that helped me feel better, so here I am.

That being said, I am extremely active online, as even though I usually have eventful work days, they are rarely very busy. (We have been caught by our executive directer multiple times playing Exploding Kittens, the NSFW deck). All of that being said, I do believe that I will be able to average multiple posts per day when appropriate. In regards to what kind of role plays I might be interested in... I have to say, I have no idea. My tastes have always been all over the place. The older I get, the worse this seems to become.

I am sure that this post alone seems rather scattered and all over the place, but hopefully it makes at least a little bit of sense. I am hoping to be an active member of this site, and make friends in the process :)
Gₒₒd ₑᵥₑₙᵢₙg ₑᵥₑᵣyₒₙₑ!
ᵢf yₒᵤ ₕₐᵥₑ ᵣₒₗₑ ₚₗₐy ₛᵤggₑₛₜᵢₒₙₛ ₘₑₛₛₐgₑ ₘₑ!
ᵢ ₐₘ ᵢₙₜₑᵣₑₛₜₑd ᵢₙ gᵣₒᵤₚ ₐₙd ₁ₓ₁
ₘₑₛₛₐgₑ fₒᵣ ₘₒᵣₑ ᵢₙfₒᵣₘₐₜᵢₒₙ
thunderofthebun
Admin
House: Halcyon

Re: Good Evening?

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:51 pm

I love hearing about roleplaying being a mood booster for people and helping them in tough times. Interesting field as well; my mother is a social worker so I have great respect for that field (though I know not all therapists and such are great). I’ve worked in the past for a psychiatrist, myself, though mental health is definitely not my actual area.

Varied taste is no problem here; I’ve seen everything around here from fluffy romance to war to mythology to Potterverse to horror… So I see no reason why you shouldn’t fit right in! We encourage all members to stay up to date on our Rules and Announcements, and also hold a few annual events so that members who have been sorted can earn points for their houses (though any member is invited to participate in the events). We’ve divided up our roleplay area loosely into a few basic categories and also have a system for seeking roleplay partners. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact a staff member! The attendants in particular are a great resource, but all of us are friendly and willing to help.
Happy May!

- Share team changes ✔
- Share poetry finalists in afflatus ✔
- Finalize the May afflatus ✔
- Finalize the AS survey results
- Create the 100 DoS prompt list
- Update the anon box thread
- Update the sidebar ✔
- Discuss the workshop idea
- Update the afflatus coding
- Prep afflatus images
- Update the team page
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the May blueberries!