AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Two

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin Aide
Location: In jail, probably, but that's okay because I work there.
House: Vipera

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:22 am

• 1. Who is your best friend and where did you meet your best friend?
      I don't have one. At least not that I'm aware of? I mean I have friends, but being 'best friends' is kind of like an official thing you and the other person have to come to an agreement with. I haven't done that with any of them so, ye. xD

2. What is your greatest achievement?
      Graduating from the Montana Law Enforcement Academy Corrections/Detention Officer Basic(MLEA CDOB) earlier this year. I was class #149!

3. Who is someone you aspire to be like?
      My mother. She has always been a role model for me.

4. Are you a birthday person?
      Most definitely not, but then again I don't really like having to 'work' or do things I don't want to on my birthday? Like, just give me a cheesecake and I'm happy.

5. What is your dream job?
      Law Enforcement K-9 Unit. It won't happen in my city, because we no longer have K-9 units for whatever reason, but it'll happen. You just watch.

6. What is your zodiac sign? Do you think it fits you?
      Aries. Symbol: Ram Element: Fire Planet: Mars House: First Color: Red
      ""Aries is the first sign of the zodiac, and that’s pretty much how those born under this sign see themselves: first. Aries are the leaders of the pack, first in line to get things going. Whether or not everything gets done is another question altogether, for an Aries prefers to initiate rather than to complete. Do you have a project needing a kick-start? Call an Aries, by all means. The leadership displayed by Aries is most impressive, so don’t be surprised if they can rally the troops against seemingly insurmountable odds — they have that kind of personal magnetism.

An Aries sign won’t shy away from new ground, either. Those born under this zodiac sign are often called the pioneers of the zodiac, and it’s their fearless trek into the unknown that often wins the day. Aries is a bundle of energy and dynamism, kind of like a Pied Piper, leading people along with its charm and charisma. The dawning of a new day — and all of its possibilities — is pure bliss to an Aries.""
      Quoted from here

Some aspects of my Zodiac are pretty spot on, but others not so much.

7. What are some goals you want to accomplish in five years?
      By 2020 I want to apply for Deputy, complete the MLEA for this career, and kick start my chosen path in law enforcement. By this time, I'd also very much like to have repaired my credit, get a home loan, and buy myself a nice house.

8. Name three places you’d like to vacation if money wasn’t an issue.
      Ireland, Greece, Germany.

9. If you knew you could never fail, what is something you’d attempt to do?
      I'm... not sure really? Probably a lot of things, all of them legal of course. Possibly write a book? Who knows, I'm still patching my life together at the moment.

10. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
      I strongly believe it depends on the person. Some do, others definitely do not.

11. What are you paranoid about?
      Fucking everything.

12. What language(s) do you want to learn.
      Latin, Greek, German, Russian, French.

13. What language(s) can you speak on a decent level?
      English... lmao.

14. Who was your first celebrity crush?
      Ricky Martin... I was like six and jamming out to livin' la vida loca.

15. What are three things you want to do before you die?
      Buy a house.
      Be a cop.
      Live until I'm at least 80? Does this count?
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin Aide

ᴏᴛᴘ ᴏɴᴇ

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 am

Devan x Damien
ImageImage
    • 1. Who comes up with cheesy pick up lines?
      "Him. Definitely him."

2. Imagine your otp is counting down to the New Year. Who goes in for the celebratory kiss?
      "I have the strange feeling that we'd end up both going for it at the same time. A meet in the middle type."

3. Who plans most of the dates?
      "I'm not sure, honestly. Ever since Ryder came into our lives, it's been hard to find a 'date' night."

4. Who is “in the mood” more often?
      "Oh.. well I think that would have to be him, but I'm not gonna say no."

5. Who whines more when they are sick or injured?
      "I whine enough for the both of us when he gets himself hurt." "That's no lie."

6. Who gets their way most of the time?
      "Her.." "Me."

7. Who is more indecisive?
      "That would also be me." "Definitely her."

8. Who gets jealous more?
      "We both get a tad jealous, but he's definitely one to show it a little more openly."

9. Who would be the stricter parent?
      "Me... Definitely me."

10. Who is more likely to cheat on their partner?
      "Well hopefully neither of us. I'd probably end up killing him myself if he ever did." "Isn't she terrifying?"

11. Who is a sore loser?
      "Damien." "What?" "You heard me right."

12. Who is more spoiled?
      "..." "Her."

13. Who is the big spoon? Little spoon?
      "I'm usually curled up at his side, but I'll usually end up being the little spoon by morning."

14. Who would propose first?
      "Considering it already happened, him."

15. Who loves to be held by the other?
      "Both of us?"
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin Aide

ᴏᴛᴘ ᴛᴡᴏ

Agnes x Axel
ImageImage
    • 1. Who comes up with cheesy pick up lines?
      "You're lookin' at 'em." "Indeed he does."

2. Imagine your otp is counting down to the New Year. Who goes in for the celebratory kiss?
      "I'd have to say that would be me." "I'd like to think we'd both go for it at the same time, but he's probably right. Even though we're married, I'm still shy at times."

"Definitely Agnes. I'm not the best at 'dates'."

"Due to certain circumstances, probably me."

"Agnes, definitely Agnes. I don't whine." "Yes, you do."

"Agnes. Always."

"She's riddled with anxiety. I'd have to say Agnes." "Only on certain matters. You're pretty indecisive too." "Since when?"

"Axel." "Yep, you got me there."

"It's hard to tell, as our child isn't here yet." "Axel, we both know it's going to be you." "She's not wrong, I just didn't want to admit it."

"Neither of us, I hope." "He's right."

11. Who is a sore loser?
      "Axel." "No, I'm not." "Axel, yes you are..."

12. Who is more spoiled?
      "Agnes, undoubtedly." "Okay, yeah he's right with that."

"Axel, what does that mean?" "I'll explain it later. Agnes is the little spoon, I'm the big spoon."

"Considering we've already been there and done that, I would have to say it would be me every single time." "And I would say yes every single time."

"I love being held by him. I feel.. safe." "Good."
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin Aide

ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Image WORD COUNT : 2,011
    • Getting sent out on missions was nothing new to the soldier, for once everyone finally seemed to grasp the concept of him being a good addition to their settlement, they were kicking him out more and more to pull back their people they had lost contact with, or to hunt down people who had stolen from them. Granted, he was never to kill these thieves but to bring the items back and drag the sorry sod along with him to pay for his crimes against the New Dawn Project. Depending on the severity, most got off with a stern talking, but other times it was exile from the settlement and all other neighboring ones. That's beside the point, because other missions were far more somber, much like the one he is on now. Another attack from the Scavvers on one of their patrols. Two lucky bastards made it out alive, but the rest were killed in their desperation to escape. Silas was tasked alongside Andrew to retrieve the bodies as best they could, or at least the packs of stuff they had. Strangely enough, the settlement had stolen one of Eden's vehicles when they wandered too close, and with a little luck, they were able to repurpose it for details like this. Loading the bodies in the back and hauling them home was so much easier with a vehicle like this rather than lugging them back in pairs on the backs of horses.

Andrew is at the wheel, leaving Silas alone with his thoughts as he lets his gaze stare boredly out the window. This was supposedly an in and out mission. Get the bodies, get their gear, and head back home, but even Silas knows that things were never that easy. The threat of the Scavvers was still very much there and knowing just how much of a nuisance they were, Silas was not opposed to tracking them down and ending their miserable existence to prevent such incidents from happening again. Whether Andrew tagged along with him or not did not matter to the Ex-Eden operative, it was all a matter of how fresh the tracks were, and how far the Scavvers dared to move off from their kills. Andrew could stick to his own task, for if it took Silas more than a few hours to track the Scavvers, he would easily give up the chase and return to the truck to hitch a ride back home. He wasn't fully outfitted for more than a day out here, so there was no way in hell he would risk missing this ride.

It all started off with Andrew fussing about the missing gear from the bodies. Of course, the Scavvers weren't just going to leave it on the dead, but Drew was so worried about it that the man started off toward the nearest building in hopes that maybe a few bits of the gear had been hidden away within it. Silas knew better than to enter buildings that were not secure, but Andrew was running off, and the damn man still had the keys to the rig on him. Plus, Silas knew that if he didn't return with the man that questions would likely begin to pop up about his loyalty to the settlement. He didn't need that kind of stress on Harper, especially not when he had sworn to her that he would never betray her or her people. So after Drew he went, his weapon drawn and held at a low ready as he creeps forward in search of the man. No matter how much he advised against this, it was apparent that Andrew was keen on continuing, his mind wouldn't be changed. Not until it was far too late for either of them.

The Nekros came out of nowhere, not even a sound alerting the two men to their presence until they were literally on top of them. Andrew is taken down immediately, unprepared for an attack, but Silas fights with everything he has been trained with. The rifle cracks a thousand times within a few short minutes, bullets flying into the fray to put down the attacking creatures. It was far too late for Andrew, and all thoughts of retrieving the keys are out of the picture as Silas continues to back out of the building and into the sunlight where the Nekros could no longer follow him. Out of ammo, and utterly exhausted from the adrenaline leaving his blood, Silas slumps against the side of the vehicle to take inventory of anything else he might have initially missed. That's when the pain seers at the back of his forearm. Gritting his teeth, he hangs the weapon on its sling and peels back the tattered armor to look it over, and with a sinking feeling, he knows that now it was far too late for him as well.

Overcoming that initial fear, Silas roots around his pockets for his prized blade. Finding it rather easily, he flips it on its bottom to inspect the diamond pointed end. A window breaker, came in handy a lot, and would definitely do him a lot of good now. With care, he climbs the side of the massive military truck and grips the blade tight. With a mighty swing, he brings the pointed dull metal nob sideways into the glass. It shatters into small cubes with an alarming sound. Scrambling, he pulls the lock out and yanks the door open. Without keys, it would be hard to get the thing running, but he knew the ability to hotwire a vehicle would come in handy someday. Using the blade this time, he forces open the panel and rips out the ignition cord, cutting carefully, he connects the two wires and eases his foot on the gas to sputter the motor to life. It purrs just seconds later, leaving him to abandon the knife on the floor and jam the shifter into drive. Tires squeal, and rocks fly as the truck lurches forward, not a care in the world for anything that heard him because he had to get back to Kaius.

The truck lurches to a halt just inside the gates, brakes locking up as the vehicle skids to the left just slightly. Throwing the vehicle in park, he leaves it and immediately begins to force his way through the growing crowd. There are so many questions that are forced upon him, but he refuses to answer any of them until he gets to speak to Harper, his Fiancee, the one woman who deserved a good-bye far more than anyone else. Pushing through the mob, he heads straight for the clinic. That's where she always was, always wanting to help the survivors, patching up the most basic wounds that could still be tended to. His teeth grit angrily in his jaw, he'd been stupid to follow Drew, and now he would be paying for this mistake with his life. No one to blame but himself, as always.

Pushing into the clinic, he forces his way past the nurses and doctors, seeking only the soft toned features of the woman he loved. Finding her staring at him in disbelief, he pulls her into a hug, taking great care not to let his wounds touch her. Almost instantly, she's pulling back to try and deliver a kiss, but he takes hold of her shoulders and forces her a step back, offering her a saddened look. "I can't kiss you." His throat feels tight with emotion, causing his mouth to close again as he grits his teeth together painfully. He can see her confusion, but instead of leaving her in the dark, he pulls her into one of the empty exam rooms before tilting his arm up to reveal the tattered armor. Shifting the flap of cloth back, he exposes the perfect circle of a bite mark, jagged and unkept teeth making quick work of the muscle and leaving it to ooze blood down his forearm to seep into his clothing.

"I came to say good-bye. Before it was too late, before the virus took hold and changed me." He can see the fear in her eyes, but it's very suddenly shifting to pain as it all starts to sink in for her. Her lips part, as if she was going to speak, but he silences her with a gentle 'shh' and lets one hand lift to rest against her cheek, caressing her soft flesh for what would be the last time. "I'll handle it myself, I won't make someone else do it." He whispers, his own pain reflecting easily in his eyes as he watches her tears trail down her cheeks. "I'm sorry I wasn't more careful, but I had to make sure Drew didn't do anything stupid. I guess that's what I get for trying to be the good guy." A sad smile follows the words, and he leans in to lightly press his lips to her cheek, a final kiss that would not infect her as well. "I love you, please always remember that. Someone will bring me back inside when it's time."

Silas can see the defiance in her eyes as if she could try to stop the virus from changing him, but it was no use. Everyone knew that the virus was fatal once contracted. There was no way she could heal him, it would only cause her more pain in the end if he dared let her try. Before she can even try to stop him, he's rushing back out of the room. "Don't let her follow me. Keep her inside the gates." He mutters to Ethan, who had already heard most of everything already. It was a leaders job to know anything and everything that was happening. No words are given in response, only a solemn nod as the man turns back to quickly scoop the woman up and stop her from chasing after Silas. She shouldn't have to watch him do it, she shouldn't have to find his crumpled body in the dirt, she should remember him as he was, living and breathing. Passing a final glance over his shoulder, he meets her gaze for the last time before disappearing back outside.

Stepping through the gates he pulls his pistol out of the holster at his hip and presses it firmly against the side of his head, just above his ear about a centimeter back so that it would do the job he needed it to without disfiguring him and leaving him unrecognizable. The gates slam closed behind him, sniper lasers painting him in red as they ensure that he would follow through with his intentions and not put the settlement at risk. His mind runs a million miles a second, but there was no cure. This was the only way he could be sure that he wouldn't hurt anyone he loved when the virus took hold. He can hear her panicked cries for them to open the gate and let her through, but it remains sealed shut. He had to do it now or he would forever lose the chance to end it himself, the sun already glinted down upon him angrily, leaving an uncomfortable sensation across his flesh. It was happening.

In his final moments, he lets his gaze turn to the sun, watching as it dips lower in the skies. From the buildings, a flock of birds rise up and away from the streets as the Nekros emerge from their dens to hunt. Briefly, he wonders what it would be like to fly, and then the thoughts of what there is after death begin to run through his mind. Was there really such a thing as reincarnation? Well, it was likely he would soon find out. Closing his eyes for the last time, he draws in a large breath. "I came to say good-bye." A whisper, lips trembling while his hand tightens on the weapon, and his finger begins to squeeze the trigger slowly just as he sighs out his final breath.
.Paralian.
Red Belt

Prompt

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:28 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xx
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Warning for Violence, swearing, death
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
xx
"Devan, I came to say goodbye." Walking back from the office his footsteps are slow, sluggish almost, he's been a lot quieter these past few days. Her hug is almost suffocating, but she always knew just how to take his breath away, he holds her there for just a little longer this time around. Axel knew what was happening, they purposely sent out the bike immediately when he made his mind up with another gang member, he wouldn't be able to return it after and since it was gone he had his excuse as to why he didn't take it as usual. "It's just a meeting, it'll be a few days." Looking into that crystal blue gaze so bright even in the sadness of their parting, he can feel his stomach knot to the point of pain, that gut-wrenching feeling leaving him to hold onto her arms for just a little longer once they pull away from the embrace, his thumb tracing over the fabric of her sleeve as though that could soothe her worries away, he shouldn't lie, she taught him better than that, but if he were to confess of his intentions, no words would convince the woman that it was the right thing to do, and he wished that were the case, but they did not have the time for wishes.

Breaking his attention away from the woman he looks behind her, meeting another blue-hued gaze, the same brilliant blue, yet holding the mannerisms of his own hardened gaze, sometimes it was so easy to forget he wasn't their son by blood, but that did not matter one moment. He was a teenager, no longer one to pull his parents into tight hugs, offering the boy a half smile as he simply muses "Take good care of your mother whilst I'm gone, no trouble, understood?" same old tale, causing the boy to roll his eyes before to hide away the strange mix of amusement and sadness mixed within them. These would not be his final words to his family, they were inscribed into a journal, one he spent years writing within for every dangerous mission he went out on, Axel had the orders to give it to Devan upon the confirmation, but he could still return, and he clung onto that hope for his dear life as they were the last people he needed to speak to, everything was wrapped up here, now all he had to do was quietly save the day, and swear to whatever God he could find in the time he had left that this shit would work.

The Irony of Moretti's choice to stay in the Corvega assembly plant is unreal to him, some twisted final laugh Ebony was playing at from her scorching afterlife. He grew up in this place raised by that monster of a woman into her weapon, only for it to turn on her as he also was the one to doom her fate. Moretti had cleared this place out soon after his slaughter on that fateful day so many years back, transferring some of his men under Evelyn's lead into it as he took over the remnants of his childhood and turned it into another storage unit for his men. Now he just happened to be staying the night within the walls of that wretched place, together with an army of men on their way to destroy his home. He was incredibly lucky to have had Evelyn on his side, or more so on Devan's side, for as much as she was not capable of stopping her father herself, her warning would prevent so many deaths, they wouldn't even know till after it happened.

He's armed to the teeth, his dark suit aiding him in the cover of night, the black mask which covered the lower half of his face managing to even silence his breaths, as slowly he clears out the outdoor guards, with the silence of his trusty blade, hiding away any evidence of his presence to an unattentive eye. The beginnings were always the easiest, but it was the moment during which those alarms would blare out that he'd be screwed. Damien knew this place like the back of his hand, every corridor and hidden room, even if their purposes happened to change with the arrival of its new owners, the general structure of the building was still very much the same. There was only one way in and out of the building, taking one last brief glance away from the sights in order to look past into the open wastelands, knowing that on the other side of that horizon was his home, if he didn't handle this, they would be dead.

There was no going back now, no moment of hesitation. Instead, those cold, hardened by the horrors they had witnessed eyes keep every faintest movement on track, till finally, he finds several guards sitting around chatting. His suppressed pistol goes off with three perfectly aimed rounds, and the bodies remain seated by their poker table. Hiding in the room directly opposite, Damien waits for a pair of guards as they walk past, walking into the room suspiciously, yet before they can call out something is wrong, Damien is silently shutting the doors to the room with five bodies hiding inside.

Every step precalculated, jumping from room to room with his weapon rarely lowering yet as he pauses leaning against the wall, another body at his feet, the lights turn to a slowly flashing red, painfully blaring alarms sounding through the building. They were meant to throw off his senses, but he wouldn't be alone in this problem, yet now he did not hold that element of surprise behind his actions, causing him to shift weapons to a more hard-hitting rifle, picking up the pace as he began to make the last push to the top floor. the distractions are forgotten, falling into a complete state of focus on his mission as the siren is merely a scream in the distance, for a brief moment he could swear it sounded familiar.

Things are going smoothly, till he reaches a bedroom of someone familiar to him, shoving the woman up against the wall before in a flash of light he recognizes the gaze to be that of Evelyn. Devan wouldn't forgive him, and so he takes a step away, only to hear several rounds go off from behind him. In a smooth turn, the man is dead, yet as he approaches the door to close it, his movements are a little slower. A gloved hand moves over his torso, he could not see the blood, but he could feel it soak through the fabric, one struck his side and one hit his chest, despite the armor he was wearing, the caliber was too strong to hold back the bullets. Pulling the mask off he finds the small pill bottle in his pocket, swallowing down hard on a few, they would keep him kicking long enough, he doesn't even look over at the woman as he stops in the doorway. "For Devan's sake, stay out of it."

The mask clicks back into place as he makes a run for it once again, back into the battlefield first finding the security room where he switched off the blaring alarms, returning the lighting back to normal as well. Soon enough he stands before those same office doors, that same river of blood trailing behind him akin to a crimson mantle. The moment Moretti reaches for his gun as he shoots the lock open a second shot is made straight at his hand, causing the man to drop his weapon as well as a few of his fingers to the ground as he yelped in pain and surprise. "This isn't over! Evelyn will finish this, you'll loose whether I'm scratched into that knife of yours or not." His lip curls in distaste as he watches the coward of a man, now that he did not hold his empire, he was nothing. "I wouldn't be so confident, you'll join her mark, and be forgotten with your fallen kingdom of terror." Anger burns in the man's gaze at the mention of his daughter's death, rushing forward enraged as he tries to attack, only for Damien to finish this off with one final bullet, stopping the older man in his expensive black leather shoes as a drop of his own blood spatters upon it like the first drop of rain after a seemingly endless drought.

As he crashes to the ground, Damien lets go of a breath he hadn't even realized he had been holding back, tearing the mask away from his face as he heaves for air before beginning to choke, the taste of metal reaching his tongue. Gravity pulls him towards the wall beside the entrance, sliding down as he tried to calm his breathing down, his lung was filling up with blood. Unbuttoning his jacket haphazardly, as well as unclipping the body armor, he tries to take some deeper breaths, which only caused him to choke more, the noise leading the cautious set of footsteps into the room as she panicked eyes meet with his own.

Her father was laying before her just a few feet away, as the woman silently returned her weapon to her holster, taking the same heavy motions as Damien had moments before to drag herself down to the ground leaning back against the wall beside him. "I'm sorry-" She begins in a struggling tone, but as he pulls his gloves off, letting them drop beside him, and pulls his leg up a little more so that he could rest his elbow against his knee, the man cuts her off in the familiar sarcastic tone, "Cut the bullshit, we both know what happened and why it happened... Let's just hope Devan takes it well."

"I thought she didn't know, made sense why she let you go in the first place." Her tone is soft, as though they were settled at the fires, rather than in his office.

"I know, she's gonna kill me when she finds out." A few ragged breaths mimic the motions of laughter as he tries to stop himself from choking, shaking hands pulling out his pack and lighter to let a cigarette hang from his lips, they weren't shaking because he was losing blood yet, right now they were shaking because the adrenaline was gone, and all that was left was the fear of what he had just done. Silence mixes between them as Damien takes a struggled drag of the cigarette, his breathing was becoming slower, the drugs still worked, so at least the pain wasn't so bad, and that brief inhale of the toxic fumes eases his nerves, even if only for that split second.

"You finally get what you wanted all along." He muses calmly, only for Evelyn to grow defensive rather quickly, pulling her gaze away from her fathers corpse back to the man beside her, as the response she offers brins a brief quirk of a half smile to his face, "I never wanted you dead Damien, why else would I be fighting for that gang of yours-"

"I know, I just wanted to make you indirectly say you care for me." A bloodied grin joins his amused tone as he leans his head back against the wall, looking over towards the woman. "You better not go after my wife after I'm gone, I know you had a crush on her, no matter how many times you'd deny it, I don't blame you either." He tries to ease those passing minutes with humor, but as another attempt at inhaling some of the smoke results in a more painful cough which prevents the woman from speaking, he gives in, putting out the cigarette before reaching beneath his shirt to wrap his fingers around a small chain. A light tug causes for the clasp to snap, releasing the engagement ring Devan had made for him as it swaying back and forth lazily on the chain like a child on a swing, a memory from better times, easier times when Moretti's presence was a distant thought, and he was yet to become so powerful.

"I know you never agreed with her choosing me as a partner, but I really did treat her well, at least I'd like to think I did, maybe she'll hate me enough for this to make my absence a little easier to bear." Letting go of the chain he dropped the ring into her hands, followed by unclipping the sheath to his knife, an old yet well cared for blade, and almost the entirety of its wooden hilt is engraved with small lines, one for every kill. "I think I counted thirty-eight today." Counting had always helped him focus and keep track of his progress during missions, even if he did it for a different reason in the beginning.

It's clear Evelyn struggles to find words, particularly ones which would make this any sweeter, but nothing could make this any easier, things would have ended like this anyway, if not that man, someone else would have caught him in that split second. It wasn't a bad way to go either, not only was his gang as well as his family safe, but Moretti would no longer be ruling the underground business, freedom would be returned to the crooks of the fallen cities, finally offering them some peace of mind after decades of the bastard breathing down everybody's necks. "I'm so fucking tired." His words are hushed, Swallowing hard he can feel the shallow breaths pulling his final bits of strength from him as even keeping his eyes open became a strain, it wasn't as bad as he feared it to be for those past few days, at least he had some decent company. "Tell Devan, I'm sorry for leaving." All his other apologies were written down in his journal, making the silence which soon fills the room a little easier on his mind, till that's all that's left, silence.
Last edited by .Paralian. on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamora.
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

OTP Interview 2

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:19 pm

• ──JACKSONxANDERSON
      with
      AVERY . GRIFFITHS
      this coding is crap but im too lazy rn

1. Who comes up with cheesy pick up lines?
      Jackson. He's a big sap.
      Jackson but it's pretty clear what he's planning once the count down starts.
      Jackson. Though sometimes Avery is spontaneous and they go somewhere fancy for dinner.
      Avery. It's easy to get Jackson in the mood though.
      Avery definitely just constantly complains to Jackson. Jackson isn't too bad about it unless he's super sick.
      Jackson. Avery is a big softie with him.
      Jackson probably? He doesn't really know what to do with his life.
      Jackson. Considering Avery isn't faithful at all, there's no wonder.
      Probably both but in different ways.
      Avery lmao
      11. Who is a sore loser?
      Avery. And Jackson loves rubbing it in his face when he wins just because he knows how much Avery hates losing.
      12. Who is more spoiled?
      Jackson. He'd mention he wants a dog one day and then he'll come home from work that night with Avery sitting on the couch with a dog.
      Jackson little spoon.
      Jackson only because Avery wouldn't even think to do it even if he ever wanted to get married.
      Jackson is the one held most, but whenever Avery need it, Jackson is there to hold him.
lycaenidae
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

member interview

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:33 am

• 1. Who is your best friend and where did you meet your best friend?
      My best friend started out my lab partner. It was one of those situations where you're starting a lab class which has a semester-long super intense group project and your life and death basically depend on the random ass person you sit down next to on the first day of class. While, she sat down next to me and now she's stuck with me because we hang out all the time. She and her girlfriend are my closest friends, and we do all sorts of fun shit together. Yesterday we chilling in Dairy Queen for like four hours covered in horse fur and, in my case, arena dirt. One of these days Aidan and I are going to show Jess Infinity War and next week we're going to a lady's night at the gay bar then go see Endgame the next day and I am beyond excited.

2. What is your greatest achievement?
      I don't know that I can really list one singular achievement that's beyond all others; though years of working my ass off my academics have really excelled. The university I go to is amazing, and it took tons of work to get here. I've set myself up amazingly for the next step beyond college. It's the part of my life that I am most proud of and I know how hard I've worked to get here.

3. Who is someone you aspire to be like?
      uhhh I don't really know if there's a particular person I definitely want to be like, but there are many people I draw inspiration on. I have one professor who is helping me through graduate school application, she's a wonderful professor and is helping me so much. I would love to be like her one day; a professor able to really help her students.

4. Are you a birthday person?
      Eh, not really. I guess it happens every year, but I don't care much for the attention to be honest. This year I'll have finals for a whole week after my birthday, and so aside from maybe going out with my friends that night, I'd rather just put off celebrating my birthday and such until I get home; while basically means I put it off until Christmas, which would be fine with me.

5. What is your dream job?
      Man, there are so many jobs I would love to have if I could. I think my ideal job would be to be an animal behaviorist at a zoo, doing conservation and training work. I do plan on becoming an animal behaviorist specializing in entomology so I guess it's a possibility!

6. What is your zodiac sign? Do you think it fits you?
      My western zodiac sign is Sagittarius, and I don't entirely know if it fits me or not, I don't entirely care. I know a bit more about my Eastern zodiac sign of the Ox which mostly comes from... knowing about oxen. Still don't entirely know how well it fits.

7. What are some goals you want to accomplish in five years?
      I'd like to make it into graduate school. Going for my PhD means that I'll be there a long ass time, but I'll at least be on the way. I also would like to experience more regarding my sexuality and I'll almost certainly come out to my folks by then--- something I'm not particularly concerned about but it'll feel geed to have it over with.

8. Name three places you’d like to vacation if money wasn’t an issue.
      Kenya to work with my professor in the field on her baboon populations, the Galapagos to see the wildlife there, and Alaska to see some animals (noticing a theme here? what can I see animals are the freaking best)

9. If you knew you could never fail, what is something you’d attempt to do?
      I know I'm probably just thinking of this because I had a pretty epic wipe out during my ride yesterday, but definitely show jumping. If I could never fail I'm jump so much I'd love it.

10. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
      I think that yes, everyone deserves a second chance, but it isn't like everyone should get the chance to start over with no consequences. I think that the consequences of your actions are your own to live through, but you should get the chance to redeem yourself within the consequences of your actions.

11. What are you paranoid about?
      mm is everything an option?
      no I'm mostly paranoid about strange noises. I am very sound-dependent; I didn't realize how absolutely blind I was until high school when I got glasses so I spent a long time relying more on sound than sight. Strange sounds get my blood racing; like weird creaking in an elevator, or some strange noise when I'm alone in the lab is very bad.

12. What language(s) do you want to learn.
      I don't really know? At this point I don't have a specific need to learn any particular language, and as I don't have much time right now, the idea of trying to learn a new language on top of everything else sounds way too intimidating ack

13. What language(s) can you speak on a decent level?
      My English is okay, and I can speak an amount of German. I'm nowhere near fluent, but I can get through most situations. My brain only really works for Germanic languages. Fun fact, I spend five weeks living in Italy last year and learned about 3 total words the whole time I was there. My brain just doesn't process the language at all. So Italian is not in my future.

14. Who was your first celebrity crush?
      Being ace I've never really experienced celebrity crushes or, like, crushes in general. I don't know if it necessarily is part of being ace, I think it's also just who I am, but that ain't really my thing. I could name a few actors that I like or that I think are attractive but definitely not in any crush way.

15. What are three things you want to do before you die?
      Dude I have no idea. I guess I'd like to travel to some new and unexpected place, become more in tune with myself, and feel comfortable in my own body. I think one of those is possible-- I might travel to Kenya next fall with my lab. The other two things? Long journeys.
chancellor.
Yellow Belt

|otp quiz||rose & jake|

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:08 pm

ImageImageImage
        • xxxxlImagexxxxxxlImage
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi. Who comes up with cheesy pick up lines?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Oh, he does. One hundred percent."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"She's right. I do. I mean, I don't know if she is from Tennessee, but she's the only ten I see."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "Jake, please."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxii. Imagine your OTP is counting down to the New Year. Who goes in for the celebratory kiss?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Oh, easy. I would. Let's just say I initiate a lot of things between us."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxiii. Who plans most of the dates?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Me. Again. I was the one who actually planned our first date. Well, our only date at this point."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Listen, if you wanted me to plan the date you should've said something.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"It's fine, Jake. It was a great date."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxiv. Who is “in the mood” more often?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"I mean, I was the one who skinny dipped at the aquarium and then we---never mind."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"This one right here is something else."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxv. Who whines more when they are sick or injured?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Probably me. Yeah, I'm a cop and everything, but this girl here is tough as nails."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Thanks, Jake. He is your typical guy after all."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxvi. Who gets their way most of the time?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Oh, oh, oh. Definitely this one here. She has like this way of getting you to change your mind."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"He's right. I might use my power of seduction to get my way sometimes. What can I say? It's a gift."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"And it's a gift that I love."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxvii. Who is more indecisive?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Her."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Ha, um no. Him."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxviii. Who gets jealous more?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxix. Who would be the stricter parent?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"I feel like Jake would be; you know with being a cop and everything. I don't know much about how he was raised, but I
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcan guarantee I'm not raising my kids how my parents raised me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Not gonna lie, I agree with her. I would be the stricter one of us two, if we were ever going to have kids."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Who is more likely to cheat on their partner?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Well, based on my past, I would say me."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"What do you mean 'based on your past'?"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Nothing. Don't worry about it. Next question."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi. Who is a sore loser?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Probably me. I am very competitive. I hate losing. Even just getting second place. Second place is the first loser."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxii. Who is more spoiled?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Based on my own upbringing, I can already tell you Jake is more spoiled. My childhood wasn't the best and my life still
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxisn't peachy."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"I agree. Her father was a monst---"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Jake! Let's not, shall we?"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxiii. Who is the big spoon? Little spoon?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"I'm the big spoon."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"And I'm the little spoon."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxiv. Who would propose first?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"I think we're a little far off from that, but it would most likely be me."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"It better be you. You better not be thinking that I would propose to you."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxv. Who loves to be held by the other?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"We just love being held by each other."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"I just always feel safe whenever Jake has his arms around me.
Gamora.
Black Belt

Prompt

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:01 pm

word count: 1008
      based on a 1x1 b/w python & myself
      mentions of mature themes

"Come on, Ace," Jackson said to his German Shepard laying by his feet, the dog quickly hopping up and following his master around the shop counter. "Time to go home." Jackson just finished his shift and moved to lock the front door before heading out the back, shutting the lights out on his way out. Another uneventful shift lead him to be bored. And being bored meant his mind started to wander. And with no surprise, he was still debating what he wanted to do. For the past few weeks he was thinking about leaving. He didn't know where he'd go, but he had his companion Ace and he'd figure it out along the way. Jackson just knew he couldn't do this anymore. He already had a bag packed in the closet of his apartment at home. Clothes, a couple toiletries, supplies for Ace, and loads of cash. All he would need to flee. But it had been there for weeks and he just couldn't find the guts to finally go ahead with it. But after another apology from Avery about him hooking up with Hunter again, it was time. The job he learned to enjoy was going to have to be put behind him.

When he first agreed to leave the club and join this gang, he thought it was a great idea. And it really was at first. And the job itself wasn't so bad. He still worked the corner store a few shifts a week, but with his upgraded abilities and skills, he was able to take on one shot jobs which paid more. And they weren't that difficult. It wasn't often he had to draw a weapon on someone and even less often did he have to use it. So with a little amount of killing, the job was pretty simple. He also knew a bit of self defensive after doing this so long, so his jobs were less scary. He still remembered the first one he went on solo. It was completed, but certainly not as planned. Avery took care of him though, so it was alright. Avery was always there for him and was the real reason Jackson stuck around. He grew to fall for the man, and rather quickly. It wasn't long after he joined that they established a relationship, one very different from Avery's other workers.

But things hadn't been as great as they once were. The job itself was no issue, but Jackson was growing tired of being treated the way he was by Avery. He loved his boyfriend, but being constantly cheated on wasn't something he could handle anymore. He gave the man many chances, all of which he blew. He just didn't understand why Avery had to go running to Hunter for satisfaction and it hurt to know that maybe he just wasn't enough for him. How could he be enough if his boyfriend kept going to someone else? He imagined Hunter could offer Avery things that Jackson couldn't in bed, but it was more the fact that Avery couldn't seem to get over it that bothered him the most. Jackson made a lot of sacrifices in his life for his relationship and there was no reason Avery couldn't do the same. And he couldn't exactly heal or move on from his boyfriend if he still worked for him. So Jackson really had no choice anymore; he had to leave.

It wasn't long until he reached the apartment building. He had options to live in a home with a few others from the gang, but he preferred to live alone. Or rather, live alone with Avery. It was more expensive in rent, but nothing he couldn't afford. Privacy was something he needed in his life and though there wasn't much of it in this line of work, he was glad to have it when he could. He knew that Avery would likely be home, probably sitting on the couch with a beer waiting for him. He had done his best to make it up to Jackson the night before, taking him out to dinner on a romantic date. At the time, Jackson enjoyed it, but he didn't feel any better. And in fact, felt the worse he has in weeks. He was tired of having to hear apologies and enough was enough.

He unlocked the door, his loyal companion behind him waiting patiently. When he entered, Ace ran to his bowl, causing Jackson to smile softly, moving to feed him right away. As predicted, Avery was on the couch with a beer, and welcomed him home. Jackson just smiled at him before feeding his dog, then disappeared into the bedroom, closing the door behind him. He knew Avery would be able to read what was wrong, but he also knew the man wouldn't be expecting to hear what Jackson was about to say to him. Spending a few minutes to change into something more comfortable and swinging a leather jacket on, he gathered the last of his items he wanted to take with him and grabbed his bag from the closet. It had been in there so long he didn't even remember absolutely everything that he packed, but it would have to do. He had to do this now before he wimped out again.

Swinging the bag over his shoulders, he emerged from the bedroom and approached Avery, a frown on his face. "So I was thinking we could watch a movie and then..." Avery started, then trailed off seeing what Jackson was bearing. Ace returned to Jackson's side again, as if he knew what was happening and where they were headed without being asked. "I just came to say goodbye," Jackson said, shifting uncomfortably and holding a brave face, trying his best not to get emotional. He had to do this. "I'm leaving. I'm quitting the gang, and ending things between us. There's five grand sitting on the nightstand for any troubles I cause by going. I'm done, Avery. Done with you. And done with this."
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt

Prompt

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Characters: Gavin Free, Daniel Black
Mentioning: Scott Pearson
Warnings: language
Words: 659
Prompt: "I came to say good-bye."

Gavin wasn't stupid. He could see the looks that Dan threw him and Scott. Of course Scott didn't know a thing, merely thinking that his leader was being a dick over the fact that everyone seemed to be hooking up with someone from another gang. But well, he wasn't really one to talk either. Gavin would like to say that it was Dan's fault he was in this position. If they had just stopped, if it had just been a one night thing, then maybe Gavin could have gotten over it. But time and time again he found himself normally underneath the other male and it was so difficult to get out from that position. Even after the man probably unintentionally broke up with him on his birthday, even after all of the words and growls of anger Gavin had gotten from him, there was something about the male that kept drawing him back in. At least until he found Scott.

God Scott was like a breath of fresh air. He got along with Gavin's parents, didn't even seem to shy away from the fact that literally the first day after they had hooked up they were immediately lying to his parents about Scott being his boyfriend. But, well, best decision he had ever made. Scott was honestly so perfect. Sure he was shy at the beginning, being completely honest when he mentioned how Gavin was technically his first gay guy to be with. He was sweet, kind, caring, funny, willing to make this work. Something that Dan hadn't been. Sure Gavin still pretty much dropped everything when he was called to a location to help pick up Dan in a critical condition. But that was just a job. There was no hope that he would get anything in return.

The few days that Gavin had gone with Scott to go and visit Dan while he was in the hospital weren't exactly great. He normally kept a hand in Scott's or an arm around his waist, which of course earned scowls from the older male. Even when they got him home in the few interactions Gavin had with the other male, they were nothing but scowls and grumbled words. It was funny just how much of a child he was acting like when he didn't have what he wanted. Or needed? Whatever the hell the relationship between the two of them had been, it was over. And he needed to make that very damn clear to the other male.

So thankfully he did get a moment alone with Dan, everyone else being gone for god knew what and Scott was busy working. It made this a very simple thing for him to do. Of course Dan wasn't exactly happy to see him here, grumbling out a 'what are you doing here' towards him. But Gavin merely sighed before he took a seat across from the other male.

"I came to say good-bye. Look you have made it perfectly clear Dan just how much you didn't care to be with me. I was a toy, something to help distract your mind for a night. Something you could assert your dominance over and not care about the consequences. I don't care if you had a life changing revelation while you were being slowly tortured for the entertainment of Tyler to be sent to Serena. The truth was that you never gave a damn about me. And I don't want to continue to sit here and pretend like things will work themselves out. I'm happy with Scott, and if you don't like that then don't watch. Don't take it out on him. And look at it this way, you can go and fuck whoever you want. Not like you probably didn't do it before."

Without waiting for a response, Gavin merely turned around and decided to walk out the door. He didn't like to say goodbye, but it had to be done.
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx