AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Four

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

AS Afflatus 24 Character Interview 2

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:36 am

[i fuckin hate this iPad...pardon my french]
Blanche x Jessica (development)

1. Who confessed their feelings first?
Jessica is too shy really, so probably Blanche.

2. Who would throw the other in the pool?
Blanche probably would throw Jessica, if not for the fact she hates going underwater...

3. Who would accidentally set the kitchen on fire while cooking?
Neither of them...Jess doesn’t cook much, and Blanche is really good at it.

4. Who is the early bird? Who is the night owl?
Blanche- Early bird; Jessica- night owl

5. What are the nickname(s) they have given each other?
Blanche is An, sometimes just love, Jessica is Jess, sometimes kitten

6. Who pulls the other one closer when sleeping?
Blanche pulls Jessica closer.

7. What small quirks do they love about each other?
Hair twirling; i guess Blanche adjusting or playing with their glasses is a quirk

8. Who runs up and hugs their partner while the other catches them?
Jess runs, Blanche catches.

9. What song best represents them?
idek

10. Is there a 'mother hen' in the relationship and who?
Not really? not to that extent.

11. What animal would they say their SO is like?
Blanche is like a dolphin or seal, Jess is like a fox or wolf.

12. Is there a small thing that the one does that makes no difference in their life, but it bothers the other all the same?
Not really

13. What are some quirks that each overlook in each other?
edit: farting and burping, but everyone does that...It’s not good if you keep it in.

14. How did you meet each other? Each character tell the story in their own words.
wip

15. How do they show affection to each other?
Hugs, cuddles, kisses, hand holding, forehead touches
silence.
Orange Belt

member interview !!

Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:36 am

• What do you want to do for a career?
          write books!! that's the dream, but the reality is i'll probably write in my spare time around my Real Job (':

What's your dream car/transportation?
          in an ideal world i would ride a dragon or saber tooth tiger everywhere. it would be extremely loyal to me and devour my enemies. since this is :/ impossible >:/ i'd really like to one day be able to afford an electric car. i'm all about being eco friendly!!

Do you see yourself getting married?
          yes!! i'm a bit of a hopeless romantic, and the idea of having a partner for life is !!! exciting !!!

Which kind of canned beans are the best? (ranch style, baked, pork 'n beans, black beans, refried...)
          i am... not a very big bean person, if i'm being honest. i don't even want beans in my burrito when i go to chipotle. green beans are good tho!! and i LOVE edamame beans!! ugh i could eat those all day <3

Have you ever been fishing?
          kind of?? when i was in elementary school, my brother and i (but mostly my brother) were friends with this other kid whose dad went fishing a lot, and one time our dads took us out fishing. i was present for fish being caught, but i did not participate, so i don't really think it counts

Have you hung anything on your walls? If so, what?
          a framed ninja sex party poster is the only thing displayed on my walls (so far). it's definitely a conversation starter

Do you have any favorite characters you love developing/writing for?
          vesper!!!!!! i think he might be one of the most unique characters i've ever thought of. i love his Lore and the world he comes from So Much. he's an adorable disaster!! i also have Big Love for kellan!!!!! he's a lot of fun and a total snarkfest. i love him, and i also love the world he's from!! it's really dynamic and has a lot of characters and angles and i truly never get tired of thinking about it i also have a side character named sylvan who's literally not important but occupies a third of my brain space at any given moment anyway because he's beautiful and lovely and a joy to think about

In your own words, describe your happy place.
          bold of you to assume there's a place where i can experience happiness

Is there a smell or a flavor that brings back good memories?
          the scent of lilacs Always makes me think of home, because we have two lilac bushes in our front yard, and two more in the back. it's one of my favorite smells tbh

What time of day do you favor most?
          sunset/sunrise !! and mmm i love a good midnight

Do you have a favorite genre of book or movie?
          i Love coming of age films and horror movies, but for books i tend to enjoy nonfiction ?? i just read a true crime novel called "i'll be gone in the dark" by michelle mcnamara about the golden state killer

What's a good book that you read recently and would recommend? Why?
          oops i already kind of answered this, but it's fine!! you'll just get another recommendation!! "how to change your mind" by michael pollan is a super fascinating book about the history of psychedelics, how they affect the brain, and the spiritual experiences they can trigger. there's both science and storytelling!!

What's a tv show that you have re-watched multiple times?
          the great british baking show and the final table are both shows that i revisit Frequently. i'm an absolute sucker for cooking shows (':

What's your favorite classic movie?
          what makes a movie classic? does fight club count?? that movie blew my heckin mind

If you had a theme song, what would it be?
          idk if i could pick just one song?? i'd have to make a playlist, and even then i doubt it'd be entirely me, bc it'd just be an amalgamation of other people's works
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:02 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    mentions;; aaron, elvire | tags;; brief mentions of blood | word count;; 1,021

Pale green eyes focused on the young man's back, gently tracing the curves of his lean muscles, watching and evaluating. The woman said nothing as she shifted her weight from one side to another, an emotionless expression visible on her face. If not for her quiet murmurs meant to reply to his many questions and inquiries, it would have appeared as if she was completely apathetic to his existence. But she kept an eye on the other, fingers wrapping around the assault rifle's grip as she remained quiet, not saying a clear word to the man's excited babbles. In spite of the eerie alley surrounding them, it could almost be described as a peaceful outing through a ruined city. And while the situation was calm, she couldn't help feeling uneasy.

"Hamilton," her voice was low and threatening, yet there was no real spite to her words. If anything, the woman appeared concerned for the safety of her young and inexperienced companion, who found no error in loudly rummaging through the abandoned dumpster. Mon Dieu, you are slow."

A quiet chuckle echoed from the man's direction; a quick glance at him revealed the brunet was grinning, his eyes shining under the dim streetlight. She found no reason to return the sentiment, a tired and slightly irritated expression visible on her face as the woman moved forward, leaning over his shoulder. They had no business being this deep into the enemy's territory, especially without anyone from their camp backing them up. They had both gone on a suicidal mission that had a very low chance of success and while her instincts kept on screeching for her to leave, he had nothing similar to worry or anxiety etched in his grin. His careless, happy-go-lucky attitude was a bother she couldn't deal with most of the time. It wasn't good.

"You worry too much, Elvire," his tone was cheerful and relaxed, a smile dancing on his lips as the brunet kept pulling various abandoned cables and a few other mechanical parts from the dumpster. Even if he could feel the woman's stern attitude towards him, the youth paid her no mind. "I swear, they only put us together into a team because you never learn how to be nice to others. I'll be finished once I have all the parts, now hush, please."

If his reply made her irritation rise, the woman didn't show it. With a huff, the brunette turned away, leaving the male to his own endeavours, choosing to slowly move closer to the abandoned streets of Paris in order to scout the area. Everything looked miserable; the empty roads were covered in dried blood, hints of the massacres following the nuclear fallout visible to the naked eye if one knew where to look. And Elvire knew well enough that traces of that incident could be found everywhere. The ruins breathed of death and sadness, damaged buildings towering above her as the girl attempted to find out what exactly had caused for Paris to become the way it was now; she had heard many stories about the incident and yet, she could not stop wondering. Elvire had never been an overly curious person, but this was something bigger than her old habits. This concerned all of humanity.

A distant moan caused the brunette to instantly raise her weapon, quickly scouting the area once more as she searched for the source of the grunting. It was slowly coming closer to the alleyway, the oddly pathetic sounds growing into something more sinister and vicious; eventually, a screech echoed in the distance. Before the youth could make a decision, she saw a group of radioactive strays entering the immediate area, their blind eyes searching for her. The brunette quickly began tracing her steps back to the man she had come to know by the name of Aaron Hamilton, intending to drag the youth by his neck to the base if she had to. But the young technician was already prepared to go, a look of fear and uncertainty in his blue eyes.

"Did you hear that?" Aaron questioned silently, already following the woman as she quickly moved back the way the came from. "Sounds like..."

"Groaners, yes. They're hunting and if you don't wish to become their next meal, I'd suggest moving faster and more quietly," she bit back a groan as a rather familiar sound of the infected dogs reached her ears, the group having picked up they weren't alone inside of the square. "Come on, pup."

Neither of the pair spoke as they rushed to Paris' walls, itching to feel the safety of their base looming above their heads, not a single predator capable of getting inside the reinforced building. And yet, she couldn't help feeling uneasy as the sounds refused to fall back, inching closer to the rushing pair. There was no worse death than being torn apart by the monsters they had gone to calling Groaners; large, hairless, devilish dogs which had once been known to be the best friends of humanity. Elvire had dealt with them in the past, however, it was usually done while hidden and not rushing through an open field in hopes of escaping the stealthy and sensitive noses of their pursues; it was different to shoot while hiding behind her sniper rifle and face the oncoming horde with another weapon. One glance back was enough for her to realise they had to begin rushing more or they would be dead.

The man had begun protesting as she easily lifted him into her ears, breaking out into a sprint towards the base, his eyes wide as an embarrassed smile settled on his face. Yet, one glance over her shoulder was enough to make the technician cling desperately to her neck in hopes of not being let go. And even though the two both knew they were more than capable of running on their own, neither protested. They could argue about it later. While Elvire rarely risked her own life in order to make sure someone else survived, she had seen something unusual in that foolish young man. Hope.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

OTP Couple Interview #1

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:27 pm

"Well I mean, technically I did. I mean Nate was still pretty much worried over his husband and while it was known that he didn't exactly want to be together, I was the first one to really take that step and let my feelings be known. Although according to Nate I said he was really cute when I was extremely high on drugs from a bullet wound so...even when I first met him it was still me that confessed first."

"Once Nate is better and healed, I will throw him into the first pool I can find."

"Uh yeah, that's me again. Seriously unless it involves a microwave and instructions, I can't cook. Nate on the other hand, he's a wizard in the kitchen like Jason and Serena are."

"I think Nate is definitely the early bird between the two of us. He has to have his morning smoothie before anything else and I would much rather sleep in bed with him curled in my arms."

"Well I was called Blue once. Otherwise it's pretty much always Matty and I call him Natey."

"Both of us? I don't think one of us is really the more dominate so we both pull each other close at night."

"Nate's dinosaur onesie is pretty damn cute. Although he doesn't walk around the house in it much. It's something he likes to hide and thinks I don't know anything about."

"I would say Nate is the one to probably run up to me for a hug, especially after I return home from a job or anything like that. And I happily catch him."

Calling It Home - Jake Reese

"Again both of us. I mean Nate being a medic he is always worried, but I worry about him too because I want him to be happy and I'll do everything I can to make sure he is."

"Nate is totally like a...what is it called? The little dinosaurs in Jurassic World that what's his name trains? The one is called Blue? Yeah he's those. Adorable and cute and a fighter."

12. Is there a small thing that the one does that makes no difference in their life, but it bothers the other all the same?
"Perhaps I dislike how concerned Nate is about his figure all of the time. I think it's one of those residual things from his previous husband, and I'm trying to let Nate know that it doesn't matter. Whatever he eats, whenever he wants to work out, it doesn't matter to me. If we want to sit and eat a whole pint of ice cream together, we should do it without having to worry about our bodies."

"Again his healthy food quirk. Always making smoothies in the morning, eating usually healthy things. And Nate normally complains about how he needs to work out when he eats something unhealthy."

14. How did you meet each other? Each character tell the story in their own words.
"I was drugged by a bullet that lodged somewhere in my abdomen I think. Or a couple. I can't remember I was pretty out of it. Nate would likely say that as well. I called him cute and I didn't want him to leave me and even when morning came I still kind of remembered it. And eventually I needed to make sure that he remained safe for a period of time. I think we just kind of got closer even after Aiden tried to scare me away."

"Adorable cute names, movie nights, and Skittles. Lots of Skittles."
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
qunari.
Orange Belt
House: Vipera

otp character interview; thomas

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:47 am

xxx
xxxImage
xxx────────────────────────────
xxxImage
xxxImage
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxxImage
xxxImage
xxxImage

xxx(thomas is mine; george is merridew's)
              • 1. Who confessed their feelings first?
                Thomas blurts out I did before George can get a word in edgewise. "It was me. I'm the well-adjusted one out of the pair of us, I told him way before."
                George makes a face. "It doesn't count when you're drunk off your ass - how was I supposed to know you were serious? 'I love yah, mate.' S' not like you hadn't told me that before."
                The two men share a knowing look. "Right," Thomas says, reaching over to lace their fingers together, "I did confess first, though."
                George shakes his head. "'Doesn't count."
                "'Does - you knew I loved you, even way back then."
                "...Yeah, all right. Maybe. You might have confessed first but I kissed you first."
                Thomas grins and leans across to brush his lips gently against his lover's cheek. "I remember."

"Oh, George, for sure." Thomas side-eyes his boyfriend with a cheeky smile. "He has, actually. We've whiled away lots of summers in his backyard, swimming and stuff." George blushes bright red at the mention of 'and stuff', but Thomas does not seem to notice. "'Played lots of football, too. I even let him win sometimes."
                "Hey!" George interrupts all at once, leaning forward on his chair; "just because I've tossed you in the pool doesn't mean you can go spreading lies about my football prowess. I beat you fair and square, you wanker."

"We're both pretty good cooks, actually." Thomas turns to consult with George, but his boyfriend seems keen on studying their surroundings - perhaps content to let Thomas answer this question without any input. "George is a bit better than me, but that's because he had to fend for himself as a child; whereas my dad guards the family recipes like they're gold or something." He laughs once to smooth over the sudden stiffness of George's shoulders and moves on to the next question.

"I'm not an early bird, that's for certain. I think we're both kind of - both?" Thomas furrows his brow. "That's not quite right, though. I can stay up to go clubbing but I - we - prefer to stay in most nights. Does that make us boring? George, are we boring?" He laughs again, one shoulder raised in a shrug, "I guess I like boring."

Thomas gleefully relinquishes George's hand in order to gesture wildly with both of his own, "Oh, there's so many. Let's see - I call him - darling, love, cabrón, cariño, sweetheart... baby... Unless of course you mean nickname-nicknames, in which case he's just plain old George to me." He pulls George's hand back to him, aware that this question has dredged up the ghosts of schoolyard taunts - Georgie-boy, Hilly, Dorkshire; and other (worse) ones. "I don't really shorten people's names unless they ask me to."

Thomas blushes hard and cracks a small smile. "He does. He's the big spoon, I'm the little. I mean, sometimes we flip around, but for the most part - he tucks me into his arms at night... I feel really safe when we're in our bed. God, this is so sappy."

"George does this adorable thing where - he squishes up his face when he's thinking. It's adorable." Thomas' gaze turns fond when he twists in his chair to look at the other man. "It is. I'm being honest, right? And - I love when he mumbles good morning in bed, like he's barely awake but still tries to focus on me and make my day a little brighter." The smile Thomas sends George is this little self-conscious thing.
                George smiles right back, and the room feels warm. "Thomas waves his hands around when he's looking for a particular word. Sometimes he just gives up and spouts off in Spanish, but I always know what he means."

"Oh - me, for sure. I'll tackle him if he's not looking." Thomas' lips flare into a wide grin as George elbows him in the ribs.
                "What Thomas means is I'm the one who catches him after he leaps without looking."
                "Yeah. Yeah, you do."

two by sleeping at last

"I'm the mother hen. I have to be - George is horrific at looking after himself. Like, it's - it's really bad. I used to think maybe he had one of those complexes, but - as long as I stay on top of him-" Thomas pauses to smirk, and George groans, "-we manage to keep everyone alive and in one piece, most days."

Thomas doesn't even hesitate. "A bear. Not one of the ones that have terrible breath and go around eating hikers - more like a teddy bear. He looks tough but... he's really sweet." Next to the brunette, George's face gets progressively redder.
                "Thomas is like a... like a puppy."
                "Really?" Thomas blinks, surprised and then delighted.
                "Yeah. Overexcitable and a rascal. 'Eats my shoes."
                "You-!"

"George has a stubborn streak, and he can be self-sacrificial sometimes."
                George shrugs his hand free of Thomas' and crosses his arms in a show of irony. "I'm not the stubborn one - you are!"
                "Yeah, but I don't self-medicate with increasingly poor decisions."

"George gets jealous when we go out. Not all the time! Just if he's gone to the loo, and someone's come over to chat... I find it kind of hot, sometimes; but other times he comes off as rude." Thomas' face flushes when he admits to finding this a tad attractive.
                George, on the other hand, sits up straighter and preens.

Thomas takes a deep breath and thinks back - all those years ago to the start of it all.
                "Well... I think, for me; it started a little before the start of fifth year. I'd moved from London and kept hearing all about this Hillshire boy... everyone told me to stay away, but I didn't listen. George was a really dorky kid, kinda scrawny almost; and he had the most adorable head of curls and these big glasses. I liked him pretty much right away. We sat next to each other in Biology, and by the end of the school year he was my best friend."
                He squeezes George's hand. "We hung out a lot over that summer. Seventh year started good - lots of parties, lots of flirting... well, me attempting to flirt and getting my heart broken over and over when George would laugh me off. I started thinking it'd be better if I just... moved on, you know? Or tried to get over that 'stupid crush.' How little did I know, huh?" Thomas wipes at his eyes with one hand, surreptitious; like he doesn't want to let the tears escape his lids.
                "Anyway. We had a huge falling out. We basically - broke up, you know? I did my very best to grind up both of our hearts into teeny-tiny little pieces. It didn't last, though. Because neither of us are good at staying away." Thomas smiles over at George, and it's watery and weak, but it's a real smile. "It took us a year to be civil to each other again. George kissed me, like; six months after that. I was a bit surprised, you could say. My best mate, kissing me? 'Too good to be true. Still kinda feels that way, to be honest; even though we live together now." Thomas waits for George to look away, distracted by the next question, to whisper I'm pretty sure I'm gonna marry him to the camera, grinning like he's spoiled a secret.

"I bring George flowers home from my job - I work at a florist's. We have date night at least once a week if not more; clubbing or a nice dinner or even a movie at the local theatre. It's important, you know, to keep the romance alive? Candles, chocolates, little weekend trips; you know? Like we've only been dating a month instead of..." Thomas pauses to think back. "Oh. Has it really been two years?"

merridew
Red Belt
House: Amaranthine

otp couple interview - thomas and george

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:47 am

ImageImage
THOMAS GAINSLEYXXXXGEORGE HILLSHIRE
thomas is owned by qunari, george is owned by merridew

T: "i said i love you first."
G: "well i kissed you first."
T: "you would and you have."
G: "yeah, i would and have."
T: "george probably."
G: "oh yeah it'd definitely be me."
T: "we're kind of... both? it depends."
G: "yeah... kind of both for sure."
T: "georgie, darling, honey, sweetheart, mi amor, mi vida."
G: "tom, tommy, darling, pretty mushy affectionate nickname you can think of."
T: "george."
G: "yeah, thomas doesn't move an inch when he sleeps so i always pull him closer."
T: "george scrunches his face when he's puzzled or thinking really hard."
G "thomas starts to wave his hands around when he can't think of the word he's looking for."
T: "i'm probably the one running up to him."
G: "yeah, and i'm there to catch him when he does."
two - sleeping at last
T: "that's me for sure."
G: "oh yeah - that's him."
T: "you're like a puppy."
G: "so are you!"
T: "when you obviously need help but get stubborn with me instead."
G: "you're even more stubborn than i am!"
T: "you can get pretty jealous on our dates."
G: "well... you run away whenever we have problems!"
T: "well, i had just moved from my old school, and i had biology with george. it was basically love at first sight."
G: "it was not! i was way too oblivious to even know that you had a hint of attraction toward me!"
T: "whatever. anyway, the only seat that was available was next to george because i had no idea that he was the talk of the school."
G: "not in a good way..."
T: "it didn't matter to me - those were all just rumors anyway. our friendship just started from there... we had a big falling out-"
G: "big? it was huge."
T: "yes well, we had a huge falling out and didn't talk to each other for about a year. it was absolutely miserable.
G: "we eventually made up and then a couple months later i kissed him - just... kind of out of nowhere."
T: "yeah - i always thought that i would be the one to make the first move."

T: "pretty much in any way we can? i think the small things are probably the loudest to me."
G: "sex. and i can assure you that i am not small."
phenomenon
Orange Belt

as afflatus | member interview

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:08 am

• issue twenty-four. 2019.
      member interview two.
      MEMBER INTERVIEW
      • about phenomenon.
        i. what do you want to do for a career?
        veterinarian / working on conservation and rescue projects with wild/exotic animals.
        ii. what's your dream car/transportation?
        hmmm. i wouldn't mind a jeep, if i'm being honest. a bigger car than my current one, for sure. you can't beat a good ol' audi r8 or a gt mustang tho. one can dream. seriously, something that can go relatively fast on the highway with a good sound system that will last a good while.
        iii. do you see yourself getting married?
        at some point down the road.
        iv. which kind of canned beans are the best? (ranch style, baked, pork 'n beans, black beans, refried...)
        i really don't have an opinion lol. not a huge, huge fan of canned beans?
        v. have you ever been fishing?
        technically no.
        vi. have you hung anything on your walls? If so, what?
        several things. a couple aesthetic posters/decor word stuff (?) and unnecessarily aesthetic bookshelves.
        vii. do you have any favorite characters you love developing/writing for?
        honestly, any character of mine. i really, REALLY get into the character and world building. too much, maybe.
        viii. in your own words, describe your happy place.
        on some secluded beach in kaua'i. away from people, and yet close enough where i don't feel alone. somewhere new yet familiar, where people don't really know me and would like to know me, perhaps. where i could grow and be constantly inspired. also, a random bookstore, museum, or etc will do just fine, too.
        ix. is there a smell or a flavor that brings back good memories?
        the beach. coffee in general. i can't think of anything else specific rn.
        x. what time of day do you favor most?
        the (early) morning - waking up to noon. also late nights.
        xi. do you have a favorite genre of book or movie?
        action! action and sci-fi, for sure. i also don't mind some romance intermixed in there. if it's really well done, then some non-fiction, but yk... where's the fun in that (for the most part).
        xii. what's a good book that you read recently and would recommend? why?
        i have soooo many. i'll give two. if you like sci-fi / action / little romance (almost space game of thrones but better because the world-building - lemme emphasis WORLD BUILDING - is out of this world, pun intended): the expanse series. if you want a little slice of life / romance / tackling real life problems like struggling against depression and a cancer survivor: where the forest meet the stars.
        xiii. what's a tv show that you have re-watched multiple times??
        many. parks and rec, the office, ouat, daredevil, pushing daises, b99.
        xiv. what's your favorite classic movie?
        does inglorious bastards count? bc i love that movie. streetcar named desire, roman holiday, casablanca here's looking at you, kid, singin' in the rain is good... and etc.
        xv. if you had a theme song, what would it be?
        if i did, it would change a lot. rn? probably a mix of kombucha by winnetka bowling league and you & i by colony house.
chemically poisoned
Attendant

Afflatus Member Interview

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:08 am

1. What do you want to do for a career?

• uhm, well my bucket list job would be working for the FBI, but that requires LOTS of schooling and training, so my realistic goal is work as a profiler. think spencer from criminal minds.

2. What's your dream car/transportation?

• 1967 black chevy impala. what can i say? i love supernatural and i could use a Baby in my life.

3. Do you see yourself getting married?

• realistically, no. i mean, i don't really think i'm the marrying type. i've dated before and will continue to do so, but i don't really think i'd ever marry someone. maybe if it's the 'right' someone.

4. Which kind of canned beans are the best? (ranch style, baked, pork 'n beans, black beans, refried...)

• BLACK BEANS ALL THE WAY

5. Have you ever been fishing?

• every summer! my grandpa and uncle are really into it, and so is my aunt and her husband, so i'l tag along from time to time.

6. Have you hung anything on your walls? If so, what?

• i have three olaf wall stickers on my walls. a marilyn monroe painting (i only stan icons lmao), three supernatural posters, a fall out boy banner, an inspirational quote wall sticker (it says "you are beautiful just the way you are") and various other posters.

7. Do you have any favorite characters you love developing/writing for?

• my top three are jasper (here), jameson (here) and kerrigan (here). they each have a history that would leave them vulnerable if they shared it and they are such strong characters and i love them dearly.

8. In your own words, describe your happy place.

• curled up on my bed, fuzzy blankets and pillows surrounding me, coffee on the table beside me and a good book in my hand. pure bliss

9. Is there a smell or a flavor that brings back good memories?

• the smell of freshly cut grass or freshly fallen leaves

10. What time of day do you favor most?

• midday i guess. i'm definitely not a morning person, but i'm not a night owl either. i go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 10am, so like at 2pm-5pm i'm at my prime

11. Do you have a favorite genre of book or movie?

• horror. stephen king is one of my favorite authors

12. What's a good book that you read recently and would recommend? Why?

• Dear Evan Hansen. i'm kinda hate to the hype of DEH, but i watched the musical a couple weeks ago and it really hit home for me and i loved it. the soundtrack is the only thing i've been listening to since. i bought the book last weekend and read it in two days. it was amazing and such an eye opener and an inside look to an angsty teen trying to fit in where he doesn't always belong. it's such a powerful story.

13. What's a tv show that you have re-watched multiple times?

• anyone who knows me knows that this won't come as a shock : supernatural. i've seen seasons 1-11 ~ 7 times. seasons 12-13 twice and season 14 once. what can i say? i'm obsessed. whenever i finish watching the series all the way through, i literally restart it instead of finding something new to watch.

14. What's your favorite classic movie?

• any disney movie. but like the none "princess" ones. like "the emperor's new groove" and "hercules", "finding nemo" and "toy story." those ones are the best (but frozen is the shit and i will stand by this statement i mean have you seen the frozen 2 trailer)

15. If you had a theme song, what would it be?

• a theme song?? hmm... probably teenagers by my chemical romance.. i mean my name on here is roughly based off of mcr soooo yep that's what i'm going with
python regius
Yellow Belt

prompt: I never stood a chance, did I?

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:04 am

• featuring: ellis and ely (ee-lee) word count: 872 cw: none

The house had grown dark around him as Ellis paced. Back and forth behind the couch. Ellis was sure he must have worn a path in the carpet by now. He could not break his stride even to turn on a light as the sun slid below the horizon. On the way across he was convinced he should tell, on the way back he was equally convinced he shouldn’t. He knew it was wrong, had always known it was wrong, but how could it be wrong not to tell when confessing would cause Ely so much pain.

It was all his fault, and Ellis knew that. He should have never started going to the club before breaking up with Ely, but now the deed was done, Ellis just couldn’t quite convince himself telling Ely would make anything better. Others had done the convincing for him. Ellis couldn’t have said why Vic’s opinion mattered so much on this issue, but it did; in truth, it was he who had done most of the convincing.

The lock clicked in the door and Ellis froze. There was an uncomfortable silence between the slide of the lock and the squelch of the door opening. Ellis let out a breath he hadn’t known he was holding. Ely’s shoes clicked against the entryway, his keys clattered as they were tossed onto the bench, and then his shoes thudded as they were dropped onto the floor. Ely took his time to loosen his tie and hang his jacket, leaving Ellis to stand in wait with his nails pressing harshly into his palm.

“Oh, Ellis. I didn’t think you’d be home; I thought you’d be working," Ely greeted when he finally stepped from the entryway into the living room. He was across the room from Ellis, but even at a distance Ely could tell something must be out of the ordinary. “No lights?” he asked with a gesture to the dark bulb above them.

“I have to tell you something,” Ellis blurted. There was no easy way to broach the subject, so he wasn’t even going to try and find one. “I need to break up with you.” The silence that hung after those words was deafening. Ely didn’t move for a long moment, and when he did it was to walk into the kitchen and open the fridge to find something to eat like nothing had happened. Ellis turned to follow the other man with his gaze, visibly chewing on his bottom lip as he waited. Ely seemed intent on torturing him with silence.

“Okay,” Ely said, although it lilted halfway like a question. By now he was pulling a container down from the top shelf. “You need to? May I ask why?” His words were careful and precise, and he wouldn’t look up at Ellis. Instead, his eyes were focused on his hands as he opened the Tupperware and began spooning pasta into a bowl.

Ellis raised a hand to rub over his jaw before he could speak, wetting his lips with a dry tongue. “I uh, I’ve been cheating on you,” he admitted quietly, eyes finally dropping to the floor. The way he said it made it clear this had not just been a one-time occasion that happened that night. Ely’s hands froze for a moment, but then he nodded slowly. The calm acceptance was worse than the anger Ellis had feared, and the silence was better at prompting him to speak than words would have been. Anything to fill that aching silence that would usually be filled with Ely’s upbeat chatter.

“With a boy at a club. A prostitute,” Ellis added, cringing at the word as it left his lips. That’s not how he thought of Vic and he didn’t want Ely thinking of Vic that way either, but Ellis didn’t think speaking well of Vic right now would go over well for himself. Perhaps Ely would feel better thinking Ellis’s cheating had been born purely from sexual needs rather than emotional.

The statement did not have the desired effect. Ely finally looked up, and Ellis was astounded by the dismay held in his eyes. “I never stood a chance, did I?” Ely asked. He didn’t sound angry, only resigned. This had been a long time in the works, but he never thought it would end like this; Ely had believed Ellis was a better man that this. “All these years and you can’t get over your disgusting kinks.” Now his words were bitter.

Now that Ellis had said his part, there was no more to say. He answered with a shrug. Nothing could make the situation any better; there was no way for him to justify his choice. Ely had hit on the nose. Ellis wanted to deny it, more for Ely’s sake than his own, but it was true. All these years spent inseparable, relying on each other, and convincing Ely his preference for vanilla wouldn’t matter had been thrown out in favor of emotionally unattached and kinky sex. Eli knew just how to say it to make Ellis cringe, but all he could do was shrug when he looked up. Their relationship had ended the moment Ellis stepped foot in that club for the first time.
algorythm
Black Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: member interview

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 am

• 1. What do you want to do for a career? medicine aka fuck meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    2. What's your dream car/transportation? um teleportation. I like trains and walking so there's not much to go off of there.
    3. Do you see yourself getting married? not really, maybe for tax benefits lol
    4. Which kind of canned beans are the best? no is my answer to that
    5. Have you ever been fishing? the closest I've ever been to that was getting caught in the stampede to fishing club, so no.
    6. Have you hung anything on your walls? If so, what? a painting my grandma gave me, a fish I did in chalk pastel foreverrrrrrrr ago and a couple of my own paintings are stacked high enough it looks like they're on the walls lol
    7. Do you have any favorite characters you love developing/writing for? I talk about this fucked up cast of characters too much to lie by omission and not mention them. but besides that I love developing sam with em and I loveedd setting up aphrodite with ichi. and then as far as writing I'm real worried about rhys 100% of the time (because canon what the fuck), but I'm also really enjoying it and then also seb because he is me but more fucked.
    8. In your own words, describe your happy place. 00:30-3:30 and in my room ig, it's a calm time minus the multiple multiple times it's happened for school. I'm just at peace of mind and very alone in my safety bubble, which is a great time.
    9. Is there a smell or a flavor that brings back good memories? the perfume my maternal grandma wears
    10. What time of day do you favor most? lmao early early day if we look back at my happy place.
    11. Do you have a favorite genre of book or movie? I just want things to make sense man, I can't stand comedy but besides that I just want an interesting plot and cast all with continuity. I only watch historical chinese dramas though, so there's a favourite genre lol and isekai manga is the shit rn so.
    12. What's a good book that you read recently and would recommend? Why? no :( only cause I haven't read recently, hopefully soon.
    13. What's a tv show that you have re-watched multiple times? mmm fringe the first couple of seasons
    14. What's your favorite classic movie? is labyrinth too 80s to be classic? because that d r e s s and david bowie, what more do you need is my question tbh. I also loveeeee elizabeth taylor so a lot of her movies ig. cleopatra is iconic and the v i s u a l s. there's a bit of a trend in my taste lol: pretty clothing = me like. it's one of the reasons I love the star wars prequels beyond nostalgia.
    15. If you had a theme song, what would it be? ha overkill by motorhead because a) I don't know when to fucking stop and b) it's fucking awesome why not

wondering if I should correct all the ou's was a real question I had for myself while writing this