|| Questionnaire Thread || [November POSTED]

Home of the knowledge seekers.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

// ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴɴᴀɪʀᴇ: sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:45 pm

• What snacks would you bring to movie night? It's not a good movie night if there's no booze. But apart from that, we usually do very simple things with my boyfriend; crisps, pizza or some other finger-foods. If we're feeling fancy, we cook something and then eat that while cuddling to watch a movie.
    What films do you always love marathoning in one go? Either TV shows (e.g. Forensic Files, Hannibal, etc.) or movies that have several parts to them (e.g. Harry Potter, The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, etc.). I can't marathon different movies that aren't connected to each other without a big headache.
    If your life was a film genre, what would you be? Oof, that's a good question. I think it would be a comedy based on dark humour. Because that's pretty much how my life is; I laugh at everything and life is a joke, but there are dark and painful things hidden underneath. Scary Movie, here I come!
    What makes you want to watch a film? A good trailer that gives enough to keep me interested but doesn't spoil the whole movie, e.g. Joker (2019).
    What's your favourite genre of movie? Why? Horror! And if we're delving into sub-genres, I really love psychological horror! I just feel like these movies are the most interesting to watch, honestly; they are not too scary for me to be unable to fall asleep afterwards and they're interesting enough to keep talking about days after I've watched it. I've fallen in love with films like SAW, Silent Hill, The Shining, It, etc. I have a really odd taste, sorry! :D
    Have you got a movie bucket list? If so, name 5 films you'd like to see. Oof, definitely. There's Joker (2019), Se7en, possibly want to marathon all that I can find in the Batman universe, there are various horror movies like Gerald's Game, Cloverfield, Get Out and many others that I want to see. :)
    Are there any films coming out in the next 5 years you're hyped about? Yes!! There's Joker (2019), Doctor Sleep, Terminator: Dark Fate, Jojo Rabbit as well as Maleficent: Mistress of Evil! They're all coming out in 2019, but I don't really care about that; I just want to go and see all of them ASAP!
    What is the worst film you've ever seen? Give an interesting movie review. Twilight? I hated Twilight. It's not even that I liked the books, either. Kami is used to vicious, dark and gnarly werewolves from Underworld or Van Hellsing, not large furry dogs. I also like really dangerous vampires, not sparkling potatoes who revolve solely around love. All in all, those movies made no sense in any vampire/werewolf lores I know and were horrible to watch.
    Badly describe the plot of a film you love, and I'll try and guess it! A group of undead citizens gather around for some witch-burning, find the wrong girl and then get their asses kicked by the girl's mother. Oh, and there's a half-naked man with a very unsightly hat on his head. And lots of barbed wire.
    Do you have a favourite actor/actress/director? Name them! I am a slut for Hugh Jackman! I'm absolutely in love with Kaya Schodelario as well as Ian Somerhalder, Jesse Eisenberg, Milla Jovovich and Hugh Dancy. There are simply too many people to name without me starting to ramble. cx
    When was the last time you went to the cinema? What did you see? I went to watch the Lion King! An absolutely spectacular movie, I loved it!
    What do you think is the most cliché line/plot used in a movie? Woman gets into trouble and needs to be saved by a man. Yeah, not digging that.
    Which movie would you like to be the protagonist of? Why? Ah, put me into Merlin. Not technically a film, but Harry Potter has school and I'm not fond of it as much as I had been, so Merlin it is. Give me a forbidden book of spells and a stupid person to protect and I'll go have lots and lots of fun. ♥
    Do you have any films that evoke nostalgia/happy memories? The Land Before Time movies always bring a happy tear to my eyes. I loved dinosaurs as a kid and those movies were the main reason why I wanted to be an archaeologist as a child. The lessons in them just kinda matter to me.
    Do you like going to the theatre, or waiting for the DVD and staying in? Why? I put on my pirate hat and go download those bitches illegally! Mainly because I'm poor and have no one to go to the theatre with. Also, the theatre has rowdy crows sometimes here and my IQ is already low enough.
    If you could choose a book that has not been made into a movie yet, which would you make into a movie? I don't think they ever made The Wolves of Mercy Falls into movies, did they? It'd be amusing to see those be made into movies or something like that. Or just use the Warriors series, honestly.
    Worst book-to-film movie you can think of? ERAGON. Please, for the love of all things holy and good, remake that book into a good movie! Please!
    What movie would you remake? Again, Eragon. The movie was horrible and they thrashed the whole idea even though The Inheritance Cycle is a great series that is loved by many people around the globe and it'd be epic to see a remake sometime to make up for that piece of shit in 2006. I cried.
    What was the first film you remember seeing? Probably something from The Land Before Time, I think. Either that or some Russian cartoon, that was on TV at that point (could be The Musicians of Bremen). I actually like the Russian version of it as I used to watch it so much back in my childhood!
grim.
Silver Belt
House: Sagacitas

set three

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 pm

• september 2019: movie night
    1) what snacks would you bring to a movie night? i smuggled in some jellybeans, chocolate raisins and a rockstar into a movie a couple weeks ago so...that? usually though i just chill out with a bag of chips (kettle cooked jalapeno & cheddar because those are my jam) and either an energy drink, raspberry peace tea, or just a coke. sometimes coffee. i also sometimes just eat the supper leftovers because i'm really not all that picky about what i consume during a movie.
    2) what films do you always love marathoning in one go? uhhh....i don't really marathon tbh. lord of the rings maybe? otherwise just generic d list horror movies.
    3) if your life was a film genre, what would you be? something super duper boring like uh....i can't even think of an adequately boring genre oops.
    4) what makes you want to watch a film? horror genre. if it's got a horror genre tag then i'll watch it.
    5) what's your favourite genre of movie? why? ^horror. because they're absolutely hilarious, i like to laugh at the jumpscares.
    6) have you got a movie bucketlist? if so, name five films you'd like to see. detective pikachu, how to train your dragon 3 uhh....that's all i can think of.
    7) are there any films coming out in the next five years you're hyped about? man, i don't even know what came out six months ago, never mind in five years.
    8) what is the worst film you've ever seen? give an interesting movie review. i watch a lot of really trashy shaky cam found footage movies because they're the worst and i absolutely love them. but in all honesty i can't think of 'the worst movie i've ever seen' off the top of my head. blair witch (both the og and remake) were boring as hell though. usually i'm just the 'enjoy the ride and don't pick it apart' kinda person when it comes to movies so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    9) badly describe the plot of a film you love, and i'll try and guess it! man raised from dead gets powers from bird and hunts down gangsters to get revenge.
    10) do you have favourite actor/actress/director? name them! i really don't. if anime counts then okamoto nobuhiko is by far and away my favourite voice actor.
    11) when was the last time you went to the cinema? what did you see? a couple weeks ago i went to see annabelle homecoming. the last time before that was like three years ago to see sausage party with my best friend and my brother. i don't go to the theatres often.
    12) what do you think is the most cliché line/plot used in a movie? oblivious generic white family moves into a clearly haunted house and doesn't acknowledge all the spooky bullshit happening to them until it's too late yet still somehow manage to make it out just fine, barring some scratches and trauma i guess.
    13) which movie would you like to be the protagonist of? why? how to train your dragon i guess? i'm horrified of heights, but having a dragon would be sick.
    14) do you have any films that evoke nostalgia/happy memories? i wouldn't necessarily say happy memories, but coraline makes me pretty nostalgic.
    15) what's the last movie that made you cry? koe no katachi. that movie is beautiful and i cried like a baby both times i watched it.
    16) do you like going to the theater, or waiting for the dvd and staying in? why? either is fine. generally i prefer to just stay home because i don't enjoy being out in public for too long, but if my friends want to go see a movie i'll tag along with em but that's just more about the company than the movie itself.
    17) if you could choose a book that has not been made into a movie yet, which would you make into a movie? can't really think of anything??
    18) worst book-to-film movie you can think of? eragon or the percy jackson movies. because wow, big yikes.
    19) what movie would you remake? ^^^ except i think pjo would be really rad as an animated tv series like avatar: the last airbender.
    20) what was the first film you remember seeing? i want to say pokemon: the first movie: mewtwo strikes back? either that or the lion king or land before time.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Re: || Questionnaire Thread || [September POSTED]

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:56 am

September 2019: Movie Night

1) What snacks would you bring to a movie night?

Recipes peices though peanut m&m's are a decent substitute. Also a large amount of diet cola. Movies make me thirsty.

2) What films do you always love marathoning in one go?

I don't think I've ever managed to do that.

3) If your life was a film genre, what would you be?

Some slice of life film left dead on the cutting room floor.

4) What makes you want to watch a film?

Interesting plot or good visuals. I prefer both but you can't have everything all the time.

5) What's your favourite genre of movie? Why?

My top three are fantasy, scifi and horror. The first two are usually pretty with a interesting concept and the third is my comedy most of the time.

6) Have you got a movie bucketlist? If so, name 5 films you'd like to see.

No bucket list for me but I really should watch part one of It, the second fantastic beasts movie and Endgame soon.

7) Are there any films coming out in the next 5 years you're hyped about?

Maybe but I likly wont see them for six or seven years if their in theaters in five. I planned to see two if the above in theaters and I still have them on a to watch list. (Apllies the letter L to my forehead)

8) What is the worst film you've ever seen? Give an interesting movie review.

I can't even.. there are some really bad ones. Ok I saw this horrible version of a Thor movie( I think on Netflix)where they had little plot and no budget. They spent most of the move circling the same couple buildings. Why I watched it to the end I still don't know.

9) Badly describe the plot of a film you love, and I'll (Cas) try and guess it!

The primary protagonist spends most of the move lost in a maze.

10) Do you have favourite actor/actress/director? Name them!

Not really but Deltoro (sp?) Has impressed me repeatedly just not enough it seems to remember how to spell his name. Sorry mate.

11) When was the last time you went the cinema? What did you see?

When was fantastic beasts out again? Yes the first one! That long and I'm in walking distance to a theater of twenty five min + uphill is walking distance to you. A bus is now a option.

12) What do you think is the most cliché line/plot used in a movie?

I can't pick one right now, but just about everything in every horror film.

13) Which movie would you like to be the protagonist of? Why?

Not horror. Because the formula concludes I'd die before the mid point.

14) Do you have any films that evoke nostalgia/happy memories?

A couple. Most are probably Jim Henson films or featured his work. I'm a child of the actual 80's after all.

15) What's the last movie that made you cry?

I rewatched Harry and the Hendersons which had been one of my brothers favorite movies as a child a few weeks ago when I saw it on Netflix and bawled through most of the last half even though I jlhad remembered the whole bloody movie. My brother had it memorized and we had one TV in the house and I still cried ! What have I become?!

16) Do you like going to the theater, or waiting for the DVD and staying in? Why?

I don't overly care for the theater, which by now is likly obvious but watching this at home can be nearly impossible too. So I guess I'll just buy that DVD and never watch it?

17) If you could choose a book that has not been made into a movie yet, which would you make into a movie?

Books are always better.

18) Worst book-to-film movie you can think of?

Half the old Steven King ones. The ones before he stepped in and made the directors actually follow the books better!

19) What movie would you remake?

None. Just make new ones already.

20) What was the first film you remember seeing?

A Christmas Carol? The old black and white one? It was something christmassy and black and white anyway. I was little and sleepy.
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt

Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:10 pm

first time over here woo

September 2019: Movie Night

1) What snacks would you bring to a movie night?
  • popcorn, candy, and soda. best combo imo
2) What films do you always love marathoning in one go?
  • harry potter and/or the mlp movies with their respective seasons
3) If your life was a film genre, what would you be?
  • uh...
    ....which one's the most boring?
4) What makes you want to watch a film?
  • literally just if it seems interesting to me
5) What's your favourite genre of movie? Why?
  • anything having to do with fantasy (so long as it's not horror). i'm a sucker for it
6) Have you got a movie bucketlist? If so, name 5 films you'd like to see
  • not really ? i do wanna see love simon but thats because my best friend went without me >:c
7) Are there any films coming out in the next 5 years you're hyped about?
  • not really no. sort of the mulan one because mulan is my favorite
8) What is the worst film you've ever seen? Give an interesting movie review
  • im gonna get booed for this but napoleon dynamite. i dont really have a review for it sorry XD
    my best friends have said i should watch it again so
9) Badly describe the plot of a film you love, and I'll (Cas) try and guess it!
  • hmm
    a princess has her magic crown stolen and has to go through a portal to another dimension to get it back. the twist is the other dimension is a direct parallel to her own.
10) Do you have favourite actor/actress/director? Name them!
  • david tennant, matt smith, julie andrews, emily blunt
11) When was the last time you went the cinema? What did you see?
  • two weeks ago or so. the new lion king. it was.... alright?
12) What do you think is the most cliché line/plot used in a movie?
  • boy meets girl. boy and girl fall in love. something happens to push them apart. they get back together and its happily ever after.
    why yes, this does describe every hallmark movie ever. why yes, i am tired of my mom watching them 24/7
13) Which movie would you like to be the protagonist of? Why?
  • harry potter. magic and the ability to fly? yes please!
14) Do you have any films that evoke nostalgia/happy memories?
  • not that i can think of off the top of my head but probably
15) What's the last movie that made you cry?
  • idk probably something my mom put on
16) Do you like going to the theater, or waiting for the DVD and staying in? Why?
  • i like either. going to the theater means you get good snacks and a nice experience, but dvd means comfort and commentary if you wish.
17) If you could choose a book that has not been made into a movie yet, which would you make into a movie?
  • probably fablehaven.
18) Worst book-to-film movie you can think of?
  • percy jackson. you know you screwed up when even the author hates the movie.
19) What movie would you remake?
  • again, percy jackson. possibly also toy story 4; not thrilled by the ending
20) What was the first film you remember seeing?
  • hmm
    uh
    i think it was some historical movie, i dont remember tbh
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

// ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴɴᴀɪʀᴇ: ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:11 pm

• What do you like to do on Halloween? Um... nothing? It's really not a special day over here. The day we 'celebrate' is the 1st of November, so what a big part of the world considers to be a huge event doesn't actually happen over here in Lithuania. We don't really believe in the spirit of Halloween. cx
    If you don't celebrate Halloween in your country, what do you celebrate this month, and what does that entail? Okay, so in Lithuania, there's one event called 'All Souls Day' that happens on the 1st of November (and it's also a labour-free day, woo!) and it is the complete opposite of Halloween. Most of this day is meant to remember and mourn the souls of those who have already departed from our world and there's little to no cheeriness. We go out and visit the graves of our lost family members and friends, light candles and tidy up the gravesites, meet up with our families to remember those who have already passed away, etc. Actually, the cemeteries looked really mysterious and pretty; the sight always brings a tear to my eyes, honestly. :')
    Are you a tricker or a treater? Definitely a tricker. My favourite trick? Turn off the lights and pretend that nobody's at home while I drink on my own.
    At what age did you stop going trick or treating? If you have never gone trick or treating, would you want to? Nah, not really, honestly. I truly don't like intruding upon the homes of other people and, given that this is Lithuania, I know that it'd be more of a bother than a fun activity for any of us.
    Have you ever carved a pumpkin? Why would you... just ruin... a perfectly good pumpkin? Why would you just waste a vegetable that is expensive??
    Have you ever had one of those famed 'pumpkin iced latte's? Actually, nope! I never bought it because of the mainstream shit and I sniffed the coffee that my friend got a few days ago. I think my boyfriend promised to take me to get some once I come occupy Glasgow later this month.
    Name five Halloween themed songs. Oof, I'll be happy if I can name three. Okay, so there's This Is Halloween. Then, probably Spooky Scary Skeletons? I'd also single out songs like Pet Sematary, Slender Man and Thriller? I suck at naming holiday-themed songs, please forgive me.
    What movies do you watch on Halloween? Eh, nothing too unusual? If my BFF is in Lithuania, we do watch things like The Nightmare Before Christmas and other animated movies that are Halloween-themed since she loves this stuff, but I usually just watch normal horror movies, TV shows or simply... sit and study. As I said, Halloween isn't really special here and I don't want to do anything too put-out for a normal day. I just chill out. cx
    If you could be any kind of Halloween monster, what would you be? Hmm... a werewolf! I probably would've said a vampire about a decade ago, but... it was Twilight that ruined them for me. Now I can't really look at vampires or read about them without imagining the sparkles. Kill me.
    Which Halloween colour palette would you prefer - purple, black and green or orange, black and white? Those are some weird palettes. Um, I guess orange, black and white? Purple and green is a terrible combination and reminds me of the Hulk, which, if I have to be honest, doesn't have an amazing sense of fashion. If I could, I'd ditch the orange, but I know that's not how it works with Halloween, so I'll take the palette that makes sense.
    Design a perfect costume for a Halloween party Hmm... I'd love to wear a long black dress that reminds of the Victorian ages, have dark red roses in my hair and a beautiful gothic necklace with a bright red gem. Basically, a beautiful medieval vampire, if you can imagine all of that. ♥
    What is a more important holiday, Halloween or Christmas? Christmas. Mostly because my country at least celebrates it, to at least some extent.
    Are you doing anything for Halloween this year? What is it? Eh, I'll be in Glasgow on the 31st, so it more depends on what I and my boyfriend are doing on that day. I know we're gonna visit the local cemetery, but if we do it on that evening or another one, mostly depends on him. cx
    If you don't like Halloween, what is it you don't like about it? I don't know, it just seems... childish. Like, the tales aren't all that spooky and the whole trick-or-treating thing is just an invasion of privacy, haha. Also, the idea of causing harm to people that refused to give you something that you have no claim over is just a big red flag for me. Yes, I'm a really boring and dull person because I see legal problems everywhere. Sue me, please.
    Do you decorate for Halloween? If not Halloween, do you decorate at Christmas? Yes, I do decorate my room for Christmas! I have lots of string lights and those fuzzy garlands; one is silver and the other is green with red snowflakes. I go all out in December, trust me. I'm a Christmas-y girl. cx
    Describe any fond Halloween memories you have! I'm afraid I have none. Only pretending not to be home when some kids came to beg for candy.
    Share with us a short spooky story... you can make it up or it can be one you've heard! I can tell you a small story from our folklore since I don't know any spooky ones. So, pretty much, this girl called Eglė found a serpent in her clothes after she came back from a swim and it refused to leave until she promised to marry him. Well, she agreed and the next day, thousands of serpents came to take her away; initially, her family tried to cheat and keep her, but it didn't work. So, they left and lived in an underwater castle, had four kids. The serpent (Žilvinas), told his wife and kids how to call him and then let Eglė go to visit her family; while there, Eglė's siblings tortured her kids and asked how to call their daddy back and the youngest girl actually told them. So, they left, called the serpent and killed him. When Eglė called her husband to come back: "Žilvinas, little Žilvinas, if you are alive, come in a milky wave if you are dead - in a bloody wave.", a bloody wave came and learns that her own child betrayed her. So, she cursed them; since all of their names meant one tree or another in Lithuanian, they all got turned into trees. And that's the story of why you don't have traitorous kids. :)
    Are there any spooky book/film recommendations you can give us? Yup! Watch The Grudge, Pet Sematary (both the old one and the remake), also Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror, you can look into IT, Van Helsing, Blade, The Hills Have Eyes, Underworld, etc., etc. And read Stephen King!
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:07 am

October 2019: Halloween
1) What do you like to do on Halloween?

So very much its hard to pack it into one day and there is more I want to add timbit time restrictions and lack of real life time turners is a problem. I ,until recently, make a special breakfast for my fam though I can't now because of insane sleep schedules and weird dietary restrictions. Most voluntary. My fam is odd home. Early to get ready for trick or treated as well as prep my own doorbell ringer. Ringing doorbells is his face part again odd. So after carrying all the candy and chips I get most of the rejects. And given my kid practically doesn't eat that's about half the take or more. I if course have to check all the treats being the only same and fully sighted member of my home. Then I eat some of the candy. At some point in the day I'll adjust and tend to my (sad excuse of a) alter. I would love to host a dumb supper but that would require the orhervtgree members of my house to actually stop making noises with their mouths for a given amount of time which I'm sure is impossible Haha.
Mum and I toyed with having one at her place but discovered we would have a similar problem there. Oh well.

2) If you don't celebrate Halloween in your country, what do you celebrate this month, and what does that entail?

Well we do celebrate Halloween here in Canada, but our Thanksgiving is also this month. We celebrate in much the same way as you Americans do but with less black Friday shopping plans being discussed around the dinner table.

3) Are you a tricker or a treater?

Kinda? I can't pass for twelve and under anymore but I have a kid that does and is a flight risk so someone needs to take him out right?

4) At what age did you stop going trick or treating? If you have never gone trick or treating, would you want to? (I'll take you)

In a way I never stopped but this might be my last year? I'm devastated tbh.

5) Have you ever carved a pumpkin?

Since before I was alowed to use knives! You can't stop me! .. that doesn't mean I'm good though lol

6) Have you ever had one of those famed 'pumpkin iced latte's?

No. Not a coffee fan. Never found a pumpkin tea either but I had a pumpkin pie blizzard treat tonight and I've had some mighty good pumpkin cookies .. and there might (definatly are) be pumpkin seeds in my purse/bag.

7) Name five halloween themed songs

◇C'est Haloween (ah, elementary school in Canada)
◇this is Halloween (not the same as above! This is the one with Jack)
◇Dem Bones
◇spooky scary skeletons
◇.. anything by Rob Zombie probably counts right? (Throws a original CD of hillbilly deluxe at Cas)

(Song titled are approximate because I'm old and tired.)

8) What movies do you watch on Halloween?

I don't have time for movies and TV anymore .. and the things I love scare or upset everybody in my house so it's far less fun to watch my horror fests too.

9) If you could be any kind of Halloween monster, what would you be?

.. I can't choose only one? How am I supposed to choose just one?!

10) Which Halloween colour palette would you prefer - purple, black and green or orange, black and white?

The more classic orange black and white but we could add some green to it and I would be thrilled to bits!

11) Design a perfect costume for a Halloween party.

I had a great witch costume pointy hat, black cloak with matching skirt and green warty face mask but it would have been terrible at a party, too hot! Not a party person so not sure what I would put together exactly but light weight and comfortable is a must! Maybe morph suit involved? .. that night not be pretty but those things actually breath and they are good for a slenderman cosplay at least I've seen some good ones... eating and drinking still a issue though.. hmm imma gin a just nap in the costume heap and think more.

12) What is a more important holiday, Halloween or Christmas?

Halloween, but I do enjoy winter solstice celebrations yet no one will give me a bundle of sticks for it? Guys sticks are free!

13) Are you doing anything for Halloween this year? What is it?

Definatly working during the day, hopefully trick or treating at night and if not .. sniffling as I pass out candy and plot that I will finally be able to decorate outside for next Halloween!! If I get for duty I'm gonna make it good!

14) If you don't like Halloween, what is it you don't like about it?

I clearly can't answer this question.

15) Do you decorate for Halloween? If not Halloween, do you decorate at Christmas?

I live with a anti decorating committee but I do manage to get some things up at Christmas/Yule

16) Describe any fond Halloween memories you have!

There was one year unwanted nothing more than to be a green crayon. Mum was thrilled until she discovered there was no easy get for that but dillagently made me a crayon with green bristolboard and a black marker(s). So with my costume made of paper I ventured out with my bag to collect goodies and it began to rain. Not yo mention we did not 'step test' my costume. With about a block done I had to go home for a emergancy costume change and was transformed into a butterfly made of much more rain friendly white plastic garbage bags, electrical tape and stickers! Best year ever! Two costumes.. and probably a good deal of pity candy haha.

17) Share with us a short spooky story... you can make it up or it can be one you've heard!

Don't know if its copyrighted or not, probably is, but does anyone know the story about the girl that goes through her life with a (green?) scarf around her neck. She never removes it the whole time the boy, later her husband knows her and one day he asked her about it when their old and grey so she tells him then removes it.. so ending her life.

I saw someone today that reminded me if that shot story today and I was legit worried she might take off her scarf while she was eating. I didnt say I didn't fit in with my odd family some of the time did I?

18) Are there any spooky book/film recommendations you can give us?

It's my bedtime and honestly y'all probably seen everything and more than I did but books.. books.. tbh anything by Stephan King and you can't go wrong. Tommy knockers isn't very Halloween but if anyone hasn't read it I remember liking it quite a bit and there is a tie in to IT. .. and needful things if I remember correctly also good.. I should re read those again myself sometime. I own them still I have no excuse do I?
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

// ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴɴᴀɪʀᴇ: ɴᴏᴠᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 pm

• VICTIM: Luisa Gencarelli, a.k.a. one of the mutants from an X-Men RP between me and the lovely trophyboys.

If your character was being sent to a desert island, and basic care was a given, what one item would they take with them? Hmm, good question. I do believe, that Luisa would immediately reach out to the guitar given to her by the youth's late mother as it is the one personal item she values more than anything else in the world. She doesn't really go anywhere without making sure that it's safe. So, yeah, I do think she'd take that guitar.
    What were your character's three favourite subjects in school? She was definitely amazed by languages. Be it English or her native Italian, she actually adored learning about them. I'd imagine that her other favourite subject would be P.E., mainly because of her heightened sense and agility; there are no walls or ropes that she can't climb and no laps that she can't run. And I think that her third favourite subject would definitely be Music.
    Name three short term aspirations your character has. She wants to earn her degree. Even if it seems impossible due to her current situation, Luisa is dedicated to finishing things she has already begun. She'd also love to get better at playing her guitar and learn some songs, that her late mother used to sing to her as a child. Her last short-term aspiration would be to get settled into her place inside of Division X as quickly as she can.
    Does your character have any family? Who do they consider their immediate family? Her only living family member is her father, but she doesn't really consider him to be that kind of a girl anymore. If anything, the three people which she had first met after the fateful problems on her college's campus, have become the closest family that she has had since her mother's passing. She honestly considers Camila to be her sister at this point.
    Your character is walking down the street. They see a wounded animal in the street. What do they do? Luisa would make sure they got the proper care and, if she had the option, would do everything she could to help them out further. Even if it meant bringing them back to her own home.
    Does your character give to charity? Not too much. She'd love to, but she doesn't have a lot of money to spend on her own things due to the unusually low allowance she gets from her father. She's a bigger fan of volunteering and helping out such charities with physical work and not money.
    Your character finds themselves wanking, what are they thinking about? I honestly don't think she'd be the right person to do such things. Intimacy is a huge problem for her in general and, given all the things her father has done to her, she would most likely shy away even from the most usual type of affection for the first couple of weeks. No, she's definitely not the person to do such things as masturbating and I doubt that will change.
    Is your character crass/dirty minded? Eh, it depends. She does not actually carry a book filled with dirty jokes around the house, but Luisa does have a sharp tongue and isn't afraid to use it. If the situation calls for a blunter or dirtier joke and she can think of it quickly, she's going to do so.
    Would your character kill one person to save many more? Yeah. Unless they would be someone very close to her; she would have an existential crisis at that point. Luisa is determined to do anything in order to save her own little place under the sun, even if it means spilling innocent blood.
    What are your characters nicknames? She doesn't have a lot of them. Her mother used to call her 'Lulu' as a kid, but that nickname died together with the woman herself. Nowadays, she's more accustomed to names like 'freak' or anything similar to that, honestly. Oh, there's also 'puppy'.
    What taste makes your character want to vomit? She simply cannot stand the taste of cauliflower. I'm not sure if this would be bad enough to actually make her throw up, but it's definitely a big enough possibility. Apart from that, there are weird tastes that are just disgusting on their own.
    Does your character drink alcohol? If so, are they a lightweight? She does. And, she's really not a lightweight. It most likely comes together as a thing, which has been created mostly by her mutation, but she does not get drunk easily. If she'd drink with other people, Luisa would most likely often come out as the soberest person of the group. It's not really a blessing if she drinks to forget or ignore her problems, but others can rely on her.
    Does your character have a large circle of friends or a small circle? Are they close to their family? A small circle. She doesn't connect with others very easily and prefers to stay away from her abusive father. So, no; Luisa doesn't have a lot of people she can turn to in bad times of trouble.
    If your character was an animal, which animal would they be? A wolf. Most likely an Eastern one. It all just comes from her mutation, too.
    Can your character whistle with their fingers? No. But she can whistle pretty well without them. Putting fingers anywhere near her mouth can trigger a particularly bad episode if people aren't careful, so she prefers not to do anything that might make her seem unstable or even dangerous.
    If your character was on death row, what meal would they order? Something native to her homeland, probably. I'm not really sure what it would be, but I imagine she'd love dishes like risotto, ribollita or even tiramisu. Just simple things that most tourists go for aren't too appealing to her.
    Is your character from a poor or rich background? I guess it's a medium family that she grew in. Her parents weren't exactly millionaires but they had a stable income that was more than enough to pay for their child's needs but also to give a lot of different treatments for her mother's cancer. Luisa was a very timid and shy child, so she didn't really demand many things to be handed to her. In the end, she grew up leading a comfortable life.
    Did your character hate anyone as a kid? Any feuds with teachers/peers? Only with those who made fun of her for being a foreigner. Because most of her teachers never really lifted a finger to see what was wrong, she grew up not trusting other people with her problems. But it wasn't hatred.
    Are they a cat or a dog person? Dog person. Without a doubt. Cats never seem to like her and she has a suspicion that it's due to her mutation.
    How long can they keep a house plant alive? Infinitely. Luisa doesn't really like many flowers as they often make her sneeze if they are blooming when she gets them, but she'll still take care of them. But when it comes to potted plants, she's quite good at keeping them alive for long periods of time. As long as the plants aren't terribly picky about their growing and living conditions, they'll keep on living together with her for quite a few years.