AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Six

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

breadstick
Yellow Belt
House: Amaranthine

otp interview #1: sebastian x kai

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:57 am

• OTP INTERVIEW: SEBASTIAN & KAI
    ━ a former pirate and a silver-haired merman who becomes human on land living together in north carolina. what could go wrong amirite
    art by my extremely talented best friend jem who drew them so perfectly i can't even tell you. i apologise, the photo quality is utter shite and doesn't do that masterpiece justice.
    kai is my friend alexus’ character, so although i got permission to write this for the both of them, kai 100% belongs to her.

1. What is their ideal date?
    ━ they both generally like to keep it lowkey, and kai's wary of going out in human spaces - but if they have a date, it's likely to either be the two of them cooking pancakes together (see: kai attempting to make it but then seb having to fix everything he does but letting him have all the credit), and then just settling down and watching a movie, or binging a show together until they inevitably either 1) fall asleep on the couch together, or 2) grow steadily hornier as the night goes on and end the night with some good ol' sex lmao. let's be honest: it's most likely the latter.
    2. Who remembers what the other always orders at a restaurant?
    ━ seb, always seb. kai barely remembers the names of any human foods - 'pizza', 'pancakes' and 'sandwich' are his limits, so he probably doesn't remember all the fancy ass names of things in the restaurant. sebastian probably has it down to a tee, considering kai doesn't eat many human foods anyway, so he can usually guess what he likes. anything with fish in most likely - or pancakes or pizza. kai's pretty predictable, so even with his picky taste buds, seb can probably tell what he would like.
    3. Who wakes up first?
    ━ usually sebastian. he's used to early rises from his time on the ship, and he's never really going to get out of that habit. if he sleeps in after kai, it's a pleasant surprise.
    4. Most common argument?
    ━ the two of them might butt heads a fair amount, but it's all in good jest. they barely have what could be considered more than a teasing argument, really; but when they fight, it's a hard thing to get through. the only thing that has come up more than once for the both of them to work through is sebastian's past - considering it's shrouded in moral ambiguity and a lot of secrets, it's the only thing that's been the subject of repetitive argument.
    5. What does their typical Friday night look like?
    ━ it would probably comprise of the both of them having a relaxing time. sebastian comes home from work and makes food for him and their housemate, daniel, while kai goes out and hunts for food in the ocean. kai would come back around the same time they finish eating, and then it's up to daniel to clean up while the two of them leave for the evening to sit on the beach and watch the sunset. that's a regular thing for them, and it has been from the moment they met - it's just normal for them, now, to do it two days every week. it reminds them of how far they've come together - but also the sunset's just really fucking pretty to the both of them. it's nostalgic for sebastian, and new and exciting for kai (who spent all his life underwater, so never got to see the sun set before going on land for the first time).
    6. Who would wake up from a nightmare, and who would comfort them?
    ━ sebastian isn't a stranger to nightmares, at all. he had a lot of them when he was on the ship, with what little sleep he got, and even now he's out of that situation he's as prone to them as ever, so it's 100% seb who has the most nightmares. kai's usually there to comfort him when it happens - although he isn't a light sleeper he's often woken by seb moving around or talking in his sleep, but if he doesn't wake up from that, seb doesn't wake him. he's good at bringing sebastian comfort though, more than he ever had on his ship, so he's grateful to even have his boyfriend by his side, even if he doesn't wake up.
    ━ in the instance that kai does have a nightmare, however, sebastian goes full-on protective bf mode, and does everything he can to make sure kai feels alright afterwards, since he's generally unprepared for his nightmares, but he offers to sleep with kai in the bathtub. as weird as that might sound, hear it out; kai feels the most at home in water, naturally, and he feels the safest with sebastian. he's willing to sacrifice his comfort for his boyfriend's sake, so for the rest of that night he would sleep in a water-filled bathtub to keep him feeling as safe and comfortable as he can.
    7. If they had a kid, what would it inherit from each parent?
    ━ these two and children is automatically a bad idea, oof. they'd probably inherit kai's stubbornness and seb's impulsiveness and tendency to make Bad Decisions, considering they're both idiots who constantly teeter on the edge of danger with everything they do.
    8. Who makes the bed?
    ━ i doubt it gets made, to be honest. kai's the one who stays at home the most time, but he doesn't give two shits about human customs, and seb doesn't have a care for keeping things tidy.
    9. Who wears the others jacket?
    ━ kai is likely to steal sebastian's clothes whenever it suits him, really. the one thing he wouldn't dare steal is his trenchcoat - basically the one thing sebastian still wears from his pirating days - but all the same, kai would take anything and everything he could from seb's closet.
    10. What do they do when away from each other?
    ━ sebastian spends his time watching tv and doing relatively mundane chores to keep himself occupied, or he's at work. the only times they're away for an extended period of time is if they've had a particularly nasty fight, and the both of them need some time away from one another, so seb probbaly keeps himself occupied with anything he can.
    ━ kai would be out in the ocean, most likely. he's on his own a lot of the time when seb's working, considering he doesn't work, so he spends his time playing with their cat, manta, or in the ocean, just exploring and being in his natural state. he usually makes sure he's back before sebastian gets home, though, so he's there to greet him at the door. when they fight, he's always in the ocean until their thoughts are gathered more and they can talk it out like mature, level-headed adults.
    11. Who would bail the other out of jail?
    ━ hard to tell, honestly, considering sebastian broke the law a lot many-a-time as a pirate; but in the present day, it's more likely to be kai wrapped up in something. he doesn't understand the majority of human laws, and he finds it difficult to stand provocative humans, so although it doesn't happen, kai is probably more likely to be in jail and sebastian be the one to get him out. seb's probably better at evading being caught if he were to break the law, though, so it's fair to say that he would be better at the escaping, and if he were confronted with jail time, he'd probably find some way to escape before kai got to him.
    12. Who has the most complicated Starbucks order?
    ━ they probably don't go to starbucks all too much, but on the off-chance that they do, it's probably kai. he doesn't particularly like too many human foods or drinks, and hates coffee more than anything, but if he found something he liked there, it's likely to be incredibly specific. seb would just go for a black coffee and that's it - he's a basic bitch lmaoo
    13. Who is the worst cook?
    ━ it's definitely kai, although the both of them are pretty shit at cooking in general. sebastian can't blame him at all - he hadn't used any of the utensils in the kitchen before he moved in with him, so he basically goes off whatever he thinks seb is doing, and he isn't exactly the best cook around. he's happy to help teach kai, though, with what little knowledge he has - but their housemate, daniel, is probably the one who does the most cooking in the house tbh
    14. Who apologizes first?
    ━ the both of them are stubborn as fuck when it comes to apologising, and for minor arguments, it's rare that either of them will verbally apologise. they're very much the type to tell one another that they're sorry through their actions - waking up early and cooking something for them that the other likes, various other things ... or, y'know, make up sex.
    ━ when it's a more serious argument, however, while they usually meet the other in the middle in order to regain their footing with one another, it's usually sebastian who makes the first move to wanting to fix things. he won't go too far, he wants to know if kai is up for this still, but of course he is. verbally, it depends on what the argument itself is; if it causes sebastian enough grief, he will apologise, regardless of whether it hurts his pride. in general, however, kai is most likely to take the first step in verbally sorting things out rather than making moves but not doing anything like sebastian does.
    15. Do they have similar tastes in music?
    ━ neither of them particularly seek out music to listen to, but if they're going to listen to anything, it's usually more chill music. seb could go for rock, indie or synthwave, but kai just likes anything chill, so in some aspects they're more or less as similar as they can get.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

AS Afflatus: Member Interview

Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:31 pm

1. If you were an Animal Crossing character, who would you be?
Honestly there are so many good ones to pick that I'm just going to have to pick that fortune teller cat because I don't make sense and sometimes I sound cool. XD

2. What's one thing from any science class that you've ever had that has stuck with you?
My 10th grade year we had this super relaxed teacher and we hatched fruit flies. This is all I remember from this year.

3. Does your computer / laptop have stickers? If so, what are they?
No it does not.

4. What's a lesson you have learned from traveling?
I'm not one for really trying new foods and don't because then I wasted an entire day being sick in bed on the one day we had open to literally do ANYTHING. But also, don't be afraid to go into new museums because then you have the best times.

5. Give one piece of advice for someone entering college for the first time.
Go to those events that the school puts on for students. They are fun.

6. Write five words that come to mind when you think of: "We could have made it"
"Yet we did not try" - I think I'm in the mindset of one of my ships right now XD

7. Have you ever tried sports? If so, which sports? Do you still play?
Soccer when I was younger and that lasted maybe a year. But then I danced and did that all throughout high school.

8. What was your first pet?
A cat. Can't remember it's name because we have always had cats since I was a baby.

9. What is your dream vacation?
I want to visit all of the friends I made through AS. Deer, Maya, Opal....I want to come over there.

10. What are your hobbies? What got you into these hobbies?
Reading, video gaming, listening to music and dancing. Honestly nothing got me into these things, they are just things I enjoy.

11. What is an important life lesson that you have learned that you would share to someone much younger than yourself?
Just don't let people put you down. Don't take shit from people merely because you think you owe them or have this delusion that they like you. Cut those people out because you will feel amazing once they are.

12. What is a fact that not a lot of people know about you?
I used to show goats with my grandparents when I was younger and I was a champion at it because I had this amazing goat.

13. What was the career that you wanted as a child? What is the career you are interested now?
I wanted to be a vet but then realized I....don't like all the blood and stuff like that. So I studied to become a Physical Therapist Assistant

14. If you could make ANYTHING happen right now with no cost, trouble, or obstacles, what would you do?
Buy all the funko pops I want, buy myself a house and a new car, go and visit my friends. XD

15. What is something you wish you were better at?
Saying no.
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [][∞]
Snow [] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Jerome []
Errickon [] Momo []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt

OTP Couple Interview #1

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:40 pm

ImageImage
"Our ideal date idea? Well I would imagine Day's idea of a date is probably something tech related. Honestly with how busy I normally am, somewhere quiet would be nice. Perhaps just a nice dinner or a nice movie. I'm not too picky and there really isn't anything in life that I need out of a date."

"Day has this ability to remember small details about seemingly random things in life. No matter what place we go to, he seems to know what I'm already going to order even before I even decide. But he's pretty much always right so I don't really mind it one bit."

3. Who wakes up first?
"Are you telling me Day actually sleeps? Because I know he spends so much time on his computers that I'm surprised he can function on whatever amount of sleep he does get. Then again I'm sort of the same way when it comes to anything medical related for the gang. If someone is in my care, I normally don't sleep much either."

4. Most common argument?
"Telling Day to get off the computer. Oh and telling him that he doesn't have to be afraid of the sirens. Granted that's not really an argument more me trying to help him get over his fear."

"Nothing special. I come home, change out of my scrubs into something more comfortable, and normally sit on my couch. That's my pretty typical Friday night unless Sam or someone else wants to go out. Then I'll likely tag along."

"I think Day likely has more nightmares than I perhaps do. He has a fear of hospitals, which isn't the best one to have when the person you are dating literally works in a hospital. I've never asked him to explain, but the few times we do end up falling asleep together it seems like he wakes up due to some sort of dream. I'm always there to comfort him when I can."

"I think there are too many redheads running around here, although I have a feeling that Day wouldn't mind to have a child have red hair like my own. On the reverse, I would want them to inherit the amazing brain that he has. But no matter when we have a child, or even if that happens, I won't care so long as she or he is happy and healthy."

8. Who makes the bed?
"Me because I'm usually the one sleeping in it."

"I normally give Day one of my jackets over his shoulder when he is constantly on the computer all night. Wouldn't want him to get a cold or get sick because he wasn't taking care of himself or anything. It's bad enough he doesn't like hospitals so trying to actually treat him is usually a little more difficult."

"I imagine Day is still on the computer, or doing something with Xavier and the guys. Meanwhile I'm normally at work patching someone up or checking on Serena's children, or making sure Sam is doing alright. Or we have girl days with Nate as well and just talk about our significant others."

"One of us actually end up in jail? No you certainly don't know either of us. I'm good, and he's smart enough to end up covering any tracks that might be considered illegal. But I suppose it would be someone else that would likely bail either of us out of jail. Probably Xavier."

"Dude just give me mocha something and I'm happy. Oh and whipped cream. I mean I'd take something caramel too, or vanilla, but I'm pretty chill with my coffee so long as it's coffee. Day is more simple probably than even myself."

"I've...never seen Day cook. Normally I do, or I pick us up something on my way home. And even when I'm cooking, it's such a simple dish. I'm not going all out like Serena normally does, but Day probably has a better mind to do all of those complicated dishes."

"Me I think? I mean I normally just apologize for coming home late, or for him hearing sirens, or just probably simple and stupid things to apologize for but things I can't always help either. Not that he doesn't apologize when he realizes he did something wrong."

"I'm not sure I've ever been home to actually listen to Day's music choices. I imagine they are something techy or robotic and I'm probably super wrong but that's totally what I imagine him listening to. So long as it isn't like death metal heavy screaming something, then we have pretty similar tastes no matter what he listens to."
xxxx
Fandom [][∞] Deer [][∞]
Snow [] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Jerome []
Errickon [] Momo []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:12 am

━━ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇɢɢᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇʀᴄʏ, ━━-━━━━━━━
━━━━━━-━━━-━ ᴀɴʏ ʜᴏᴜʀ, ᴀɴʏ ᴅᴀʏ ━━
  • If you were an Animal Crossing character, who would you be? I've never played Animal Crossing. But in order not to leave anyone disappointed, I found a quiz that reveals which characters are similar to be in character. As my first result, I got Harriet who is described to be sweet but rather sassy, honest with both herself and others, even if the truth can be difficult to hear. That's very similar to my blunt and honest personality as I do try not to lie to other people (unless it's absolutely needed). The second character was Pelly, who's cheerful and polite, always remaining calm under pressure. Also serious about work but knows how to have fun, too. I think the only difference is that I'm really not calm when pressure strikes and tend to make a catastrophe out of everything. And the last result was Blathers, who's pretty much a big nerd. Stays up late reading, and working. That's just me in a nutshell.
    What's one thing from any science class that you've ever had that has stuck with you? It's not exactly a smart thing, but our Physics teacher used to tell a really bad joke about an ant family: An ant family is walking on train tracks; dad, mom and a little child. Suddenly, the child looks up, sees a train coming, looks at his parents and goes: "There are going to be five corpses soon." Now, why did the ant say that? He was young, didn't go to school yet, didn't know how to count. I learned nothing during Physics, but I do remember the beautiful jokes my teacher told. I genuinely miss my high school.
    Does your computer/laptop have stickers? If so, what are they? Nope. I prefer to keep both my laptop and my computer without any stickers there.
    What's a lesson you have learned from travelling? You cannot prepare for every accident. There will always be something unexpected coming towards you and when that happens, all you can do is improvise and try to get out of nasty situations. I've learned it over and over and I try my best to plan for a lot of things but life is a fickle thing and it never fails to surprise me. Sometimes it's better to sit back and see where life takes you; it may be difficult to stay calm, but looking at the issue with a clear mind gives better results than panicking. I'm not sure if it's a good lesson, but it's important to me.
    Give one piece of advice for someone entering college for the first time. Don't be lazy. Not completing your work is bad and while partying during your 1st year might not seem like a bad idea, you're going to regret it later. Get used to the workload and learn to plan your time smartly. It's one thing to not finish because there's too much on your hand, but do try your best and completely other issues when you're not even putting in any effort. Like many other people already said, make sure you're studying what you are passionate about or this will make you want to die more than it does for people who know what they'll major in. Work hard and try to make a good impression on your lecturers; it does wonders when it comes to job offers later on.
    Write five words that come to mind when you think of: "We could have made it". "But you have failed me." Many people had let me down over the years and I don't even want to begin imagining those I've abandoned while pursuing my own happiness. Perhaps we all deserve to be bitter about this.
    Have you ever tried sports? If so, which sports? Do you still play? I used to be very excited about volleyball and jogging during middle school and high school. Then university happened and I didn't have much time or company to play volleyball and running on a treadmill became my only way to burn all of my energy. I don't do either now as my love for team-oriented sports died down because of social anxiety but I kind of do want to go back to running and going to the gym. I might be rusty at volleyball because I haven't played a lot lately, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the worst at it now, haha.
    What was your first pet? I never really had a pet of my own, honestly. I had an aquarium a long time ago, but, the very first pet I can remember was this weird rat-like critter that we had named Cleopatra, even though he was a male. Never really liked him too much as I'm not a huge fan of rodents.
    What is your dream vacation? Somewhere not terribly hot. I really like Scandinavia for some reason and Finland is one of the most beautiful countries I've ever visited. I would also love to visit New Zealand at some point in my life and see some of the places where they filmed the LotR movies. I would love to see colder countries, too; heat never goes too well with my thyroid and I'd rather huddle up in front of a campfire than pass out near the pool.
    What are your hobbies? What got you into these hobbies? My favourite ways of spending time are pretty much writing, watching shows about crimes and forensics, playing video games. I am more or less a hermit who stays inside if she can, so doing something that does not require input from other people is alright. I got into such things as a kid and I'm not sure why, honestly. Video games could be explained by the fact that quite a few friends of mine were boys during middle school and we all liked similar games. An interest in crimes and forensics comes from my dad and writing is something I picked up by myself, haha. I could never draw well or do any music, so writing was the next best thing for me to create something good and nice.
    What is an important life lesson that you have learned that you would share to someone much younger than yourself? People lie and they do it often. Few are generous enough to help and not demand anything for their time or effort. Learn how to take care of yourself early and be a good person. Not a lot of people will like your attitude and that's normal. Life gets better; slowly and painfully, but there's definitely a light at the very end of the tunnel.
    What is a fact that not a lot of people know about you? I'm double-jointed at the top of my fingers. I can keep most of my finger fully straight and bend the first part of it. Only a few people know about this as some get disgusted by it really quickly; it's something similar to a party trick and truly fun in general. I can also bend my elbow so much that it looks broken when looking from the front, even though it doesn't hurt or anything. Weird bones...
    What was the career that you wanted as a child? What is the career you are interested in now? I really wanted to be a veterinarian or an archaeologist. I loved animals as a child and I was completely into dinosaurs and fossils in general. Then life got the better of me and I grew up wanting to be a good prosecutor like my dad. And now I'm interested in working with criminal law or forensics, more or less. Two years left until I can achieve all of that!
    If you could make ANYTHING happen right now with no cost, trouble, or obstacles, what would you do? I'd like to be happy. Not content or indifferent towards life and all that, but genuinely happy and optimistic and not have fears about the future. I have been just drifting through life for the past few years with a few genuinely happy days or weeks, but apart from that, this is pretty much a routine that I've mastered and every day is stale. Not having to suffer the consequences of changing my lifestyle around or getting addicted to shit in order to not be a blob of nothing would be oddly great.
    What is something you wish you were better at? Life in general, haha. Nah, it's pretty much writing or, like, dealing with the fact that not every piece I write is going to be flawless. I have horrible anxiety in not achieving this invisible barrier of what I deem to be good and if I feel that it didn't reach that line, I'll mull over it for days and rewrite paragraphs until I'm satisfied. It's difficult to ever catch up with anything when something like it happens.
Gamora
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

OTP Quiz 2

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Gamora x Peter, based on an unfortunately dead roleplay. RIP Sin Bin. I hope you are revived one day.
    • 1. What is their ideal date? Gamora would say no date, Peter would say anything fancy and romantic because he's a cheesy guy like that. Though Gamora would love any date Peter brought her on, she just wouldn't admit it to anyone but him.
      "All Peter eats is junk, so it's easy enough to pick something off the menu for him."
      "Hey! It's good junk. And don't act like you always eat half of it anyway."
      3. Who wakes up first? Depends on the day, but whoever wakes up first usually snoozes until the other wakes up.
      4. Most common argument? Probably Gamora's lack of affection in public. And Gamora gets mad at Peter for doing dumb things, but that's not really an argument just daily nagging that they've come to live with.
      "In bed," Peter says, waggling his brows. Gamora immediately smacks him, but she's smirking.
      6. Who would wake up from a nightmare, and who would comfort them? It's usually Gamora waking up from nightmares, her past quite haunting. But Peter is always there and is usually the one to wake her up from it anyway.
      7. If they had a kid, what would it inherit from each parent? Good God that child would the most badass superhero kid in the Galaxy. They would totally love dancing and would be hilarious like Peter, but would be brave and powerful like Gamora.
      8. Who makes the bed? Not Peter.
      9. Who wears the others jacket? Gamora has never once worn Peter's jacket because she doesn't really get cold. Gamora's clothes don't fit Peter, so usually she just has to hug him and hold him to warm him up.
      10. What do they do when away from each other? Struggle lmao.
      11. Who would bail the other out of jail? Peter would probably end up in jail for something stupid, but because they are Guardians they'd get away with anything really. Gamora, despite being a daughter of Thanos, is pretty good at following the law now that she's out of his hands, so she'd probably never end up in jail. Either or would bail the other out immediately.
      "What's Starbucks?"
      "Dammed if I know. Some new Terran thing, I guess, but ya know, I haven't exactly been around."
      13. Who is the worst cook? Peter. Gamora is actually a great cook. Though he can make pretty good sandwiches, which Gamora does love.
      14. Who apologizes first? Almost always Peter.
      "Considering the only music I listen to is Peter's, I would say yes."
      "Come onnnn, you love ittt."
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. replies will be slow for the next
      month or so, but i'm still around, I promise.
      julienuhhhroomienerdstorage

└────────────────────┘

silence.
Orange Belt

member interview !!

Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:48 am

• If you were an Animal Crossing character, who would you be?
          definitely one of the cats. kiki calls to me the most, bc she's black and that's Witchy™

What's one thing from any science class that you've ever had that has stuck with you?
          the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

Does your computer / laptop have stickers? If so, what are they?
          yes!! my laptop has five stickers: a tiger, a suitcase, a red double-decker bus, wonder woman, and batman kicking the joker in the junk

What's a lesson you have learned from traveling?
          don't procrastinate packing, bc you Will forget something. i like to write lists to help me make sure i've remembered everything

Give one piece of advice for someone entering college for the first time.
          remember your deadlines, and don't skip class unless you absolutely have to, even if attendance isn't mandatory. you'll want to save any allowed absences for when you're actually sick, or have an emergency

Write five words that come to mind when you think of: "We could have made it"
          pass

Have you ever tried sports? If so, which sports? Do you still play?
          i don't currently play any sports, but i was a competitive swimmer until high school. in my childhood i did a lot of martial arts, and i was on a soccer team for like a year

What was your first pet?
          the first pet i ever "had" was an orange tabby cat named tommy, but he was more of a family cat, and i barely remember him. the first pet i've had that's truly Mine is my current cat: a black kitty named bast

What is your dream vacation?
          i would love to be able to rent out harry potter world so nobody is there except for my friends and i -- but specifically Only the friends who are Also hardcore into harry potter and would be equally as enthusiastic and nerdy about it

What are your hobbies? What got you into these hobbies?
          i've always really liked reading and writing, pretty much since i first learned to read/write. i also really enjoy singing and playing video games, though i don't think anything in particular got me into them. altho i guess my brother has always played a ton of video games so maybe i got that secondhand from him???

What is an important life lesson that you have learned that you would share to someone much younger than yourself?
          everybody messes up and has flaws, so it's okay if you do too. just try to learn something from it, and constantly work on improving yourself

What is a fact that not a lot of people know about you?
          i have a scar on my eyelid from when bast nearly clawed my eye out in my freshman year of high school

What was the career that you wanted as a child? What is the career you are interested now?
          as a kid i wanted to be an author. i still think that would be super cool, but i'm not interested in being a starving artist, so i'm going for software engineering as a career and writing on the side

If you could make ANYTHING happen right now with no cost, trouble, or obstacles, what would you do?
          become a billionaire

What is something you wish you were better at?
          anything musical tbh. i want to be better at playing instruments and harmonizing and recognizing what notes are being sang/played. having perfect pitch would be Amazing
important
Global Moderator

member questionnaire activity

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:42 am

• 1. if you were an animal crossing character, who would you be? i've never played it! so unfortunately i wouldn't know. if anyone who knows me plays the games and wants to lemme know though, feel free lmao

2. what's one thing from any science class that you've ever had that has stuck with you? hi there! my brain is incapable of retaining information and i forget just about anything and everything aside from the most obscure shit that i have no business knowing / remembering about! so unfortunately i can't tell you (:

3. does your computer / laptop have stickers? if so, what are they? yeah!!! all of 'em are ones emily made me or gave to me. i have a witcher iii sticker, a little uhh.. kitty? dressed up as a dinosaur, two stickers of animal popsicle things and a little dog sticker that says "i'm nervous" and uh... a star sticker that says "emily is proud of ichirou" and a baguette sticker that says "i am a helpful baguette" and uh! gold stars (: and a bee!!!

4. what's a lesson you have learned from travelling? well, i've travelled a lot. i guess the biggest one is always pee before a long car ride. uh. if you're flying always keep check on gates to make sure they don't change. don't put in headphones in an airport just in case they make an announcement and uh... bring your own snacks and small water bottles because everything is expensive

5. give one piece of advice for someone entering college for the first time. i'm not good at giving advice so uh... i can't really answer that one. everyone experiences college/university differently, and one piece of advice may work for one person but not another

6. write five words that come to mind when you think of: "we could have made it" ..... we could have made it... those are the first five words that.... pop into me head.... ): it's 1.30 AM so bite me.

7. have you ever tried sports? if so, which sports? do you still play? hhhh yeah. when i was younger. i used to play baseball for several years, and absolutely wrecked both my elbows due to it. i also played football. and uh... i think that's it actually. football and baseball, but baseball was the bigger one and the one i liked the best. then i just never did sports again because fuck 'em

8. what was your first pet? technically a betta that was red and i named clifford (YES after clifford the big red dog) but if we're talking like... big pets that aren't like... fish... cassie!!! we named her after that pink dragon in dragon tales. she was a black lab mixed with... idk, basset? i don't remember, i was like five. but anyways, my dad got her for us shortly after our mum fled ship in his way of trying to cheer us up but he couldn't handle two toddler aged kids plus a puppy so he gave the dog away and told us that cassie ran away. we were VERY upset and believed him and drew lost dog posters and he let us walk around and hang them up everywhere and i FINALLY confronted him about that like... a few years back and he just "yeah she didn't run away, i just put her up for adoption" like HOW FUCKED up anyways. that was my first "real" pet!

9. what is your dream vacation? idk! france! anywhere so long as i get to take emily :D

10. what are your hobbies? what got you into these hobbies? my main one that ISN'T writing is crocheting. i got into it like... over ten years ago. idk why i got started with it but yeah! and ofc video games. i'm obsessed with the TES universe and all of its lore and it was TESV that initially got me hooked back in 2011 and i've just... eaten that shit up ever since.

11. what is an important life lesson that you have learned that you would share to someone much younger than yourself? unfortunately i had to learn a LOT of hard, important life lessons REALLY early on. i guess the biggest one for me is that you need to know when to put your foot down, dig your heels in, and just say no. harmful and toxic behaviour will kill you and you need to get out of that environment and get help before it destroys you

12. what is a fact that not a lot of people know about you? uhhh.. i'm not really the fun fact type person but uh! idk. i'm double jointed in my thumbs. oh! i have that thing called uhhh.. central heterochromia? yeah!! idk if anyone knows that besides like... the ppl i know irl

13. what was the career that you wanted as a child? what is the career you are interested now? listen i was... i STRUGGLED as a kid trying to choose what i wanted to be. i switched between my career choices every single week. indecisive as hell. i don't even really know what career i wanna go into now but i do know i want the field to be somewhere in the forensic side of criminal justice

14. if you could make anything happen right now with no cost, trouble, or obstacles, what would you do? FULL LEGAL CITIZENSHIP. god. that shit is SO expensive. we already sent out that application but... who knows if i'll even be accepted (:

15. what is something you wish you were better at? e.... everything....
grim.
Silver Belt
House: Sagacitas

member interview.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:49 am

• 1. if you were an animal crossing character, who would you be? never played it so no idea.
    2. what's one thing from any science class that you've ever had that has stuck with you? i once dissected a starfish in a bio class that was completely black inside and crumbled apart the second i touched it. that was neat.
    3. does your computer/laptop have stickers? if so, what are they? it does not.
    4. what's a lesson you have learned from traveling? i don't really travel, but just double check everything i guess? i never pack more than a backpack or small duffel bag though because i prefer to travel light.
    5. give one piece of advice for someone entering college for the first time. never been so i can't help ya.
    6. write five words that come to mind when you think of: "we could have made it" i could have tried harder.
    7. have you ever tried sports? if so, which sports? do you still play? i actually used to be pretty sporty when i was younger. i played soccer for a couple years when i was little. then tried volleyball and basketball for a bit but quickly dropped 'em because i wasn't all that interested. i was on the track team through most of elementary school and my first couple years of high school though and i was the one person using a left handed bow on the archery team when that was introduced. i also used to do a lot of recreational swimming and snowboarding. i don't really do any of it anymore though, but i do still go snowboarding and swimming from time to time.
    8. what was your first pet? that wasn't a gold fish? a fire belly newt. it died like a week later, but y'know. i also had a few tiger salamanders for quite a few years.
    9. what is your dream vacation? don't really have one? i mean, i'd like to visit japan, but i haven't really thought hard about anything.
    10. what are your hobbies? what got you into these hobbies? writing, i guess. used to be into drawing but i lost interest in that years ago. now mostly just video games & even that's kind of a casual interest at this point. got into writing because i used to read a lot & games just because they've always kinda been around?
    11. what is an important life lesson that you have learned that you would share to someone much younger than yourself? uhh....i'm not really an advice person??
    12. what is a fact that not a lot of people know about you? i'm pretty sure it's common knowledge by now -at least for anyone who's seen me around for a while- but i have no center vision in my right eye, only peripheral. i've also never broken a bone or even had stitches.
    13. what was the career that you wanted as a child? what is the career you are interested now? veterinarian, paleontologist, marine biologist, nuclear physics for a while. i used to be into all that science shit until i realized i was too dumb to actually do any of it and i wasn't that interested in it. now i have no damn clue what i want to do because nothing really interests me so??
    14. if you could make anything happen right now with no cost, trouble, or obstacles, what would you do? is going back in time an option?
    15. what is something you wish you were better at? life? honestly i wish i was a good artist and i feel like i could be a better writer.
howl
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Six

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:44 pm

• 1. If you were an Animal Crossing character, who would you be?
      I've never played an Animal Crossing game, so I don't really know!

2. What's one thing from any science class that you've ever had that has stuck with you?
      goddd you're asking a science major who basically lives with the scientific field what my favorite science fact is? That's insane. I have thousands upon thousands of fun science facts and cool things that I absolutely love and am fascinated by. I will say that I think the thing that has stuck with me the most is an appreciation for the natural world. Spending a lot of time studying biology and looking closely at all sorts of living creatures, from insects to plants to everything else, has really made me appreciate the beauty of their existence and ecological roles.

3. Does your computer / laptop have stickers? If so, what are they?
      Oh heck yeah! I have, like, over a dozen stickers on my laptop at least. I don't really feel like finding a picture right now, but I promise you, it's impressive. I have a skin on my laptop that's galaxy patterned with all sort of stickers over it-- a few rainbows, a few quotes from different games/movies I like ('Nothing goes over my head! My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it' and 'Sic Parvis Magna' are two of them), a 'crazy dinosaur lady' sticker, and like, a lot of others. I curate my collection very carefully and will spend hours making sure I can fit all of my stickers on when I change out my collection or get new stickers.

4. What's a lesson you have learned from traveling?
      My greatest lesson from travelling came from my trip to Rome during the summer of 2018. I learned most from strange details of the travel-- I was there on a study abroad, and assigned to be a sighted guide for a blind student. I was the only person there for her most of the time, so if she wanted food? To get to class? To do anything over the weekends? It was all my job. It was both stressful and awesome. We ended up becoming good friends for the trip, and she had such a different viewpoint than me on many thing that I learned a lot. It was definitely stressful at times to have to be responsible for someone nearly 24/7 in a country where I did not speak a word of the language, but we made it through!

5. Give one piece of advice for someone entering college for the first time.
      This goes past college, but I know that starting college is a time where this occurs to many people, though not exclusively! There's no reason that someone needs to go to college in the first place; there are many paths through life and few things are so simple as going or not going. The lesson people tend to learn through their early college experience or often around the same time in their lives is that it is how to fail. Failure happens to the best of us at the best and worst of times. It happens. It's going to happen. It's best to embrace this fact and understand it. Failure humanizes us, and is important to us. We can fail in so many different ways, and it's okay. Best to learn how to get up from a failure than to never fail!

6. Write five words that come to mind when you think of: "We could have made it"
      It's okay to let go.

7. Have you ever tried sports? If so, which sports? Do you still play?
      I've played a number of different sports! When I was a kid I played a few random sports that I was never very invested in, like soccer and basketball. The sports that have stuck with me over the years are horse back riding, archery, fencing. I actually am not currently fencing due to the lack of a facility near my college, but I hope to pick it up again soon! I really enjoy it. I also do some archery, though mostly just in my yard with a bow. The sport I am most invested in, however, is horse-back riding. I ride on my team's Equestrian Team and have a different barn when I'm at home. I've met some incredible horses who I love very much and have been doing a lot of great improving recently! I'm so grateful for my two trainers and some amazing horses I've met, especially Archie and Latigo, my two favorite horses to ride.

8. What was your first pet?
      Depends on how you look at it. My parents had two dogs when I was born who I loved dearly-- two German shepherds trained in Schutzhund. They were big, intimidating, and professional dogs. I climbed all over them when I was a kit and loved them so much! The first pet we got when I was a kid was a border collie named Tell. He was such a sweetheart, a strange border collie but absolutely wonderful in every way!

9. What is your dream vacation?
      An African safari!

10. What are your hobbies? What got you into these hobbies?
      Digital art, which I learned some years ago. Saxophone, which I picked up as a kid. Insect collecting, which I learned as part of a class. Bone collecting, of course!

11. What is an important life lesson that you have learned that you would share to someone much younger than yourself?
      Keep going. Life is a cycle; when things are bad, know that they'll get better. When things are good, it is important to know that things will get worse, and that's okay! It is the good that makes the bad and the bad that makes the good. It's okay. Embrace both sides of life.

12. What is a fact that not a lot of people know about you?
      mmm I don't know. I don't feel like I'm a super interesting person tbh. One might be that I'm face blind. I really struggle to remember people's faces to any degree. Even people who I know, I cannot picture their faces.
      Another thing that people may not know is that I sort of dislike my name to a degree? I always go by a nickname because I dislike my birthname, but even my nickname feels too gendered one day. I prefer less feminine names. If I could go for Lev all the time, I would.

13. What was the career that you wanted as a child? What is the career you are interested now?
      As a kid, I wanted to be a vet, of course! I was, and still am, dog-obsessed. Then I wanted to be a doctor. And now, I want to be a biologist; specifically a behavioral ecologist and entomologist! I've always wanted to be around animals, so it's perfect for me.

14. If you could make ANYTHING happen right now with no cost, trouble, or obstacles, what would you do?
      Honestly? No idea. I'd love to get into a good grad school and not have to go through the whole application process. I'd love to own a horse. I'd love to solve climate change. I'd love to protect endangered species. Lots and lots of things.

15. What is something you wish you were better at?
      Is everything an acceptable answer?????/// honestly, though, art would be a good thing I'd love to be better art. I feel like I don't have the eye for it yet but I would love to get better!

Jazzyleia
Silver Belt

OTP Couple Interview #2

Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:41 pm

ImageImage
"Uh, something? I don't know. Honestly I'm good with just grabbing a burger and a drink and then heading home for the night together. I'm just happy to have Scott lie in my arms at night."

"I think we are both kind of good about it, but we are both still learning things about the other. For the most part I think Scott remembers things better like my favorite drink and things like that."

3. Who wakes up first?
"Probably me as I do work right away in the morning. Although if Scott is really good at convincing me, I might just stay in bed a little while longer."

4. Most common argument?
"I can't recall us ever really arguing. I've been trying to break Scott out of his shell a little more, although since I am his first guy boyfriend, I can understand why he is still shy and uncertain about a lot of things in life. Especially our sex life."

"Dinner, maybe drinks with the group, and then heading to my place more than likely. Although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't mind if Scott wanted to go with Aiden to a race or something, but that would require Aiden actually leaving his brother's side."

"Scott most likely. I think after the whole Arrow thing he has more nightmares than he would like to let onto. But I'm always here to help comfort him. Besides, that's what couples do right?"

"Kids? No no, I don't think I would actually want kids. I would be a pretty crap father even though my parents would more than likely love a grandchild. Even if it wouldn't be blood related because, you know, two guys most certainly can not make a baby together unless school has taught us all wrong."

8. Who makes the bed?
"Make the bed? Please. I just roll on out and I'm ready to go. Scott probably takes the time to actually make the bed compared to me."

"I am very happy to give Scott my jackets because he looks damn good in them and I enjoy kind of rubbing it into Dan's face that there is someone in the world who can act like a completely normal boyfriend. Because this is what I want out of life. Not to hide who I'm dating."

"We both work. It's pretty normal. Scott goes to his garage and I go to the store. Or if I'm not there, then I'm likely out with my other job and let's...not talk about that too much. Never know if the Arrow is listening or not."

"I think we would both? I mean I would certainly bail Scott out of jail, but that would actually require him getting caught doing something of which he deserves to be in jail."

"I can get...pretty complicated when I'm in the mood for something. I think the largest order I ever did was this. Trenti iced coffee, 12 pumps vanilla, 12 pumps hazelnut, 12 pumps caramel, 5 pumps skinny mocha, a splash of soy, ice, double-blended. But I'm normally not that picky."

"Not me. I can actually cook unlike most of the guys within our group. The only other guy that can cook would be Jason, oh and Nate."

"Me if it's not sexual related. Scott if it is because he seems to always worry about if he is doing something wrong or just about things in general. I don't mind."

"Yeah I think we do. It's not like we listen to music together all the time, but Scott seemed to enjoy my singing the night we first hooked up. So I think we are doing fine in that department."
xxxx
Fandom [][∞] Deer [][∞]
Snow [] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Jerome []
Errickon [] Momo []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx