AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Eight

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ #1

Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Image face-claim;; Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
full name;; Silas Lowell Frostenden meaning;; Silas // from the forest ; Lowell // little wolf ; Frostenden // the white hill age;; forty-four gender;; cismale orientation;; heterosexual birthdate;; May 7th zodiac;; Taurus place of birth;; Chester, England ethnical background;; English, Irish & Scottish occupation;; a high-ranked knight of the human kingdom

height;; 6'1" (187 cm) weight;; 191 lbs (87 kg) hair;; dark brown eyes;; dull blue build;; fit and toned, very well-built for someone of his age due to the countless wars, battles and skirmishes he has won tattoos;; none at the moment

personality;; hidden underneath a life of vigorous training and strict laws, there is a gentler side to Silas that just a few people were lucky enough to see. He is well-mannered and polite to his fellow knights and superiors, but merciless as well as cruel to their enemies. Slaying magical creatures is all, that he knows how to do, and even if Silas often thinks about the meaning of this war, he has no desire to stand up to the King of anyone else from the royal family. He is one of the few knights who are eager to teach others how to deal with supernatural creatures that crawl out of their hiding spots during All Hallows' Eve, doing all that he can to ensure not a single one of them ever reached his homeland.

nature;; Silas is a human who has dedicated his whole life to battling the forces of evil. He serves as a member of the knights meant to protect their King and the royal family from any and all supernatural creatures that may be close.

Hidden text.
BRIEF HISTORY:
xxxxxxborn in the town of Chester, Silas began his life in a family who was devoted to the royal family and, especially, their beloved King;
xxxxxxwhen the laws changed, he was one of the youngest people to enlist in the army, devoting his life to protect their sacred kingdom;
xxxxxxdue to his dedication and wishes to become the very best, Silas quickly rose through the ranks, carrying out his orders flawlessly;
xxxxxxthere was only one instance when he spared a magical creature; a tiny werewolf pup, who had lost her mother to his squad's men;
xxxxxxlittle did he know that this moment of weakness would eventually return to haunt him once the pup would grow up and come back.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ #2

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:11 pm

Image face-claim;; Li Bingbing
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
full name;; Ruolan Daiyu Wang meaning;; Ruolan // orchid-like ; Daiyu // black jade ; Wang // king, monarch age;; early twenties gender;; cisfemale orientation;; asexual birthdate;; January 22nd zodiac;; Aquarius place of birth;; Kunming, China ethnical background;; Dongxiang, Hani & Nùng occupation;; the Alpha wolf of an all-female werewolf pack

height;; 5'5" (165 cm) weight;; 105 lbs (48 kg) hair/fur;; white eyes;; dark brown/golden build;; elegant and slender, she is a beauty to behold with her trained, yet feminine physique due to her nature tattoos;; back of neck, left forearm

personality;; a cruel and ruthless young woman, Ruolan has grown up to be rather different from the innocent, curious and friendly pup she used to be as a child. Having lost most of her family because of the kingdom's new laws, she has a great hatred towards all of humanity, not caring if they have deserted the King's morals or not. Ruolan is powerful as well as quite stubborn, proving to be the greatest ally or the worst enemy of anyone, that may stand in the path of her revenge. She is an experienced tactician and rarely ever relaxes, always plotting and thinking how to bring more harm towards those who have once wronged all her brethren. Ruolan is quite fiercely independent and relies on no one.

nature;; she is what the humans call a werewolf. Every full moon and during times of great stress and danger, she can transform into her true form, bringing fear and panic to the pathetic humans she has grown to despise so much.

Hidden text.
BRIEF HISTORY:
xxxxxxborn in the city of Kunming, Ruolan was growing up without ever meeting her father due to him being hunted by the town's law enforcement;
xxxxxxafter the other members of her family were accused of being her father's informants and helpers, she flew to England along with her mother;
xxxxxxthey lived peacefully for a few years before the laws were suddenly changed and her own kind began to be hunted by the royal army's groups;
xxxxxxwhen she was barely seven years old, her mother was killed by one such group, but Ruolan herself was spared by one warrior who pitied her;
xxxxxxunable to let go of her grief and rage, she grew up to be known as a merciless beast of the woods, earning to avenge the death of her mother.
sylver
Attendant
House: Halcyon

afflatus activity #1 / still a small WIP, might fix history

Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:21 pm

Imagexx
name: carl edwin penn nickname/s: ed, pigeon boy age: 23 y/o gender: cis male species: pigeon shapeshifter orientation: panromantic/-sexual relationship status: single birthday: june 2nd zodiac: gemini occupation: captive undercover kingdom spy height: 5'7'' (170 cm) build: average, on the lanky side hair: light ash blond eyes: dark brown skin: fair, neutral undertone distinctive features: tattoo on left side of his chest, tattoo behind left ear, tattoo around left wrist, scar on right upper arm, near shoulder from an arrow

personality: ed (don't call him carl or edwin) is what some would call an "obnoxious person". highly extroverted, cocky and loud-mouthed, yet also very inquisitive and somewhat careless, he has a habit of sticking his nose into places where it definitely doesn't belong and a tendency to bite off much more than he can chew at any given time. his attempts at deescalating situations with bad humour barely ever work out, so more often than not, he merely sits and waits for an opportunity to escape whatever unpleasant situation he is in (though he does not fast walk like his animal counterpart tends to do, he does actually run/fly at full speed). some may call him a coward. ed, on the other hand, calls himself reasonable and determined to stay alive for as long as he can.

brief history: born to a pair of shapeshifter parents (one a mute swan, the other an eurasian eagle-owl), ed's ability to get into trouble became apparent at a very early age when he began utilizing his unassuming pigeon form to gain entrance into places he wasn't allowed to be in. when the law changed and the very existence of supernatural creatures became illegal, his fearful parents tried to encourage a then 17 year old ed to go into hiding with them, but he refused, instead using his power to spy on the human forces and inform other supernaturals of when they were encroaching on them. it was only several years later when a soldier of the kingdom caught him shifting from his human into his bird form that he was shot down and apprehended, with only ed's own desperate offer to spy for them from now on saving his life.
xxImage
x
while many supernaturals may see him as a traitor, ed chooses the supernaturals he reports to the kingdom carefully. he will usually only give vague locations and/or simply say he couldn't find anyone suspicious, but when the king's men grow impatient with him and threaten to dispose of him should he remain useless, ed will go on a hunt to find supernaturals that are a threat to not only humans, but also others of their own kind. those that are angry, hostile and bitter; those who want to see the humans, or even just the entire world burn. it doesn't erase the guilt he feels, nor does it lessen the burden of being essentially held captive, but the thought that he is doing something good still helps him sleep at night.

currently, ed lives with a human lady, who runs a small bed and breakfast, and her 2 year old daughter. when he's not busy flying around to spy on others (or just being a nuisance in general), he helps her out in return for food and shelter. a slim, metal shackle around his left ankle is the only sign of his captive statues; the small band was enchanted by another captive, a witch, and informs the king's people of his location at any given time to monitor him and possibly track him down if needed.
breadstick
White Belt
House: Amaranthine

member interview

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:20 pm

• 1. Does your country have any Halloween traditions? If so, what are they?
    ━ like probably most people here, trick or treating and halloween parties; not that i've ever done either of those except for one halloween party quite a while ago, where all we did was watch deadpool in my (then) friend's room and slept over.
    2. Do you have any particular favourite Halloween traditions?
    ━ the furthest i've ever been allowed to go was carving out a pumpkin and lighting a candle in it, turning the lights off at 8pm and letting that be our only light source. in a way, that was nice, but i wish my biological parents had let me do more as a kid. then again that goes for a lot of things, but hey.
    3. What’s your favourite Halloween treat?
    ━ i really don't know if i've ever had any halloween-specific treats ...? perhaps that's just my bad memory, i really don't have much of a good idea about that.
    4. Best spooky song?
    ━ i can't say i have one, really. closest i've got is spooky scary skeletons - the living tombstone. a classic, i'm sure.
    5. What’s your favourite Halloween movie?
    ━ mm, i don't watch halloween movies, really - although if i was going to watch any film on halloween it'd be what we do in the shadows, a movie about a group of ancient vampires living in the modern day. that's it. that's the film.
    6. Are you dressing up this year? If so, as what?
    ━ nope. i've never dressed up before, never will again.
    7. What’s your go-to Halloween costume?
    ━ haven't got one, but i'd go vampire if i wanted to dress up at all. i have a soft spot for several alternate versions of my ocs where they become vampires, so i'd go with that.
    8. Have you ever carved a pumpkin?
    ━ yup! i have done that a few times in my life, the one thing related to halloween that we ever did and something that makes me incredibly nostalgic to do so again.
    9. What’s your favourite holiday?
    ━ i can't say i really have one. while i love halloween as a concept and the nostalgia it gives me, i'd say christmas - although i'd never really admit it to many people (then again. here i am, admitting it to people on a public forum. oh well)
    10. What do you like the most about Fall/Autumn?
    ━ everything?? it's my favourite season. i think i'd say the general aesthetic or the temperature difference. it's the perfect medium between summer and winter, when i can start wearing hoodies again and feel less conscious about myself.
    11. Do you like scary movies?
    ━ i've never really seen what you could consider a 'scary movie', although i wish i had. so i'll have to say no, unfortunately.
    12. What’s your go-to scary movie? (if you don’t like them, what’s your regular go-to movie?)
    ━ regular go-to movie ... oh boy. for comfort, kung fu panda 2 and spirit: stallion of the cimmarron, for nostalgia. in general? what we do in the shadows & spiderman: into the spiderverse.
    13. What’s one of your fears?
    ━ fire. oh, god, i think i have an actual phobia of that with the reaction it gives me. when i see it i'm physically incapable of moving; i start hyperventilating, shaking, the likes of a panic attack. i'm not quite sure what this has been caused by, but i'm sure that i'm absolutely terrified by the sight of it even miles away.
    14. Have you ever been to a haunted house? Was it fun?
    ━ nope, unfortunately. now i'm independent, i might, but i might be too old for them now ...? who knows.
    15. Do you believe in aliens? Why/why not?
    ━ yeah, i do. i don't think we can be in a rapidly expanding universe, bigger than we can comprehend, and be the only planet with life on it. there's got to be something else out there - although i've never had personal confirmation, it makes sense to me.
Last edited by breadstick on Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breadstick
White Belt
House: Amaranthine

OTP interview: Tobi & King

Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:12 pm

• OTP INTERVIEW: TOBIAS & KINGSTON
    ━ a punk millennial ghost was resurrected against all odds, and a rich kid cursed with the ability to see and talk to ghosts happily dwelling in their mansion together.
    kingston is my friend alexus’ character, so although i got permission to write this for the both of them, kingston 100% belongs to her.

1. What would be their couple costume?
    ━ hah, oh this is a question alright. tobi would probably take the absolute piss and go as a ghost, the bastard - and he would make king do the same, i can assure you. they would absolutely go as the least scary, stereotypical, blanket-draped-over-person-with-eyeholes type ghost. funny, because he was actually a ghost :')
    2. It's movie night! What kind of movie would they watch together?
    ━ tobi takes no shit. he will watch the worst movies known to man and subject kingston to them too - think food fight, and any other really shitty animated knock off ... the little panda fighter, for one. (king hates it, most likely, but like with most things tobi does, he probably finds it oddly endearing.)
    3. Do they buy presents at Halloween?
    ━ i can see king buying him presents, but tobi isn't used to having to care about holidays in the slightest. king goes all-out, unless he doesn't want him to - in which case he will tone it down a little. i think tobi feels guilty whenever he turns up without a present for him, but kingston never expected anything - he knows tobi isn't used to giving people presents, or receiving them, and he just wants to see tobi smile.
    4. How do they celebrate Halloween?
    ━ i can see them doing the cheesiest things. not necessarily going trick or treating, but spending a bunch of money on decorations, putting them up in their windows; they definitely store sweets for kids; they absolutely watch scary films and stay up all night. however, at the same time, i can see it being a somewhat tense time for king in particular; because they share a soul from kingston resurrecting tobi, the both of them possess the ability to see ghosts that king once had, and so on halloween i would imagine they are everywhere; and when they can see that other people can see and hear them ... well. i can see that it turns into somewhat of a nightmare. but they make the most of the night, regardless.
    5. What are their secret talents?
    ━ tobi is really, really good at cooking - it's just he's never tried to cook before he died and was resurrected. after that, when he was given access to king's kitchen ... god, he has a field day then. he loves cooking and he's really good at it, if he puts his mind to it. and if it doesn't turn out right, he will scrap it and start anew. it's one of the only things he will do that for.
    ━ kingston has spent a lifetime hiding his ability to see, hear, and interact with ghosts. after he let it slip to his parents that he was talking to the ghosts of tobi's realm when he was ten, he was removed from their home and "dealt with" until he claimed to stop hearing them. since then, he repressed it all. if that counts as a secret talent, then sure.
    6. Who is considered to be the 'scaredy cat'?
    ━ see, both of them are pretty much scaredy cats, but tobi is scared less easily than king. king, however, tries to hide how scared he is; whereas when tobi becomes scared he shows it openly and more so than king ever would.
    7. Do they trick or treat kids?
    ━ oh, they treat them. i do think that tobi insists on it, even if kingston doesn't see the point in it - why the hell not? they're children, and they may as well entertain them while they're still kids. the both of them know all too well how it feels to grow up before their time and to lose that childhood spirit, so, absolutely.
    8. Which one goes over the top for Halloween, and which one very much doesn't?
    ━ tobi would go over the top for halloween all the fucking time if he had the option to - which, now, he does! he hates leeching off of king, considering he doesn't have a source of income and kingston is, well, a surgeon; and although king has told him many times, he still doesn't like it. but if they happened to be out together, tobi would probably ask if they could buy certain things every now and then, until they've stocked up a lot of halloween-y shit that they don't really need, but that give their house a very spooky feel. kingston doesn't mind it; but he does
    9. Which one went trick or treating until they were twenty one, and which stopped when they were twelve?
    ━ i would say that if he had ever been given the opportunity to, tobi would have gone trick or treating until he was twenty-one. in his later life towards his death at twenty-two, he did go trick or treating; but he only started about eighteen, with a group of questionable friends. he stopped after his death, quite obviously. however, king was given the opportunity to trick or treat a long time before tobi was, but also had to stop at age ten. i do believe he would have stopped before tobi did, though - perhaps about fourteen, if he had been given the chance.
    10. Which one would be off to a racy Halloween party, and which would be herding the kids around trick-or-treating?
    ━ i don't even need to think about this. tobi would go to the party without a doubt - and while king wants to go with him, he would be left in the dust to herd the kids around. that's a very funny image, though, oh man.
    11. What is their favourite Halloween movie?
    ━ tobi probably loves the nightmare before christmas. a classic. and i'll be honest - i don't know about kingston. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    12. Do they have a Halloween tradition?
    ━ eh, not one in particular. i think it consists of them snuggling in bed watching films, and racing out of bed to be the first one to the door to give the kids sweets. that is, if they don't go to/host a party - which, after a certain point, they don't do anymore. for a while, though, that would have been their tradition.
    13. What do they get more excited by? Halloween or Christmas?
    ━ i see it being christmas. i think they get pretty excited about both, but i think king generally becomes more enthused with christmas with all the presents - and what king is excited about, tobi naturally follows suit in. beforehand, however, he had little excitement for either, so he's more likely to be infected by kingston's attitude towards things.
    14. Do they decorate for Halloween?
    ━ oh yes. absolutely. they go all. out. lights, displays in the front garden, everything. they have the money to, so why the fuck not?
    15. What's on their Halloween playlist?
    ━ meme songs. just ... meme songs. i somehow imagine tobi shoves five nights at freddy's songs in there too - just for the meme, again.
Last edited by breadstick on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
howl
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

member interview

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:52 am

• 1. Does your country have any Halloween traditions? If so, what are they?
      i'm american, so we got a hard tradition of capitalism and plastic skeletons! i don't really have time to celebrate it on a college campus but i'm making it; celebrating by drinking halloween-themed tea and my mom sent me a lil skeleton rat and i love him. he's guarding my keurig.

meh not really! the only one that i definitely do if i'm home is that we have a light-up christmas flamingo wearing a santa hat, so for halloween we put him in the yard with a witch hat over the santa hat. that's about it! i love halloween decorations though and have to resist spending tons and tons each time i go to target.

reeses all the way!

4. Best spooky song?
      monster mash, duh

not really a fan of any in particular. some ad on youtube is trying to tell me that ghostbusters is a halloween movie so i guess that one??? idk

sad college student with a big assignment due on the 31st

i had the gear and a jacket to come up with a really really bad katniss costume at one point as a pun on my name mostly; derived from an invite to go to a party about an hour before the party started. now i don't have one, except for sad college student. though when i go to target next i'm going to try to find something little to help out.

heck yeah!!! i love carving pumpkins and i'm pretty damn good at it. i love finding the most complex patterns i can online and trying them out!

christmas, probably. i love being home for a while, the winter season, seeing family, all of that. plus it's a holiday i spend just with my immediate family. right now i spend thanksgiving and easter with my aunt and uncle on my mom's side as they live closer to my campus and the break is too short to fly home, and they're wonderful in a lot of ways and can be tiring in some others. climate change deniers, homophobic, the whole 9 yards.

the weather! the change is so nice. we're getting to perfect outdoor riding temperature and it's awesome and so refreshing! hoping to get as much in as possible before it gets cold.

not particularly. i don't find the horror genre particularly, like, fun to watch. they just don't have any appeal to me.

12. What’s your go-to scary movie? (if you don’t like them, what’s your regular go-to movie?)
      honestly i don't know at this point? lots of them

teeth issues? this comes from. some very bad dental experiences. but recently it was reawaken as my human osteology class we spent time talking about teeth and tooth pathology by learning to ID pathologies on real human teeth and ack. nope. i have had multiple nightmares about my teeth breaking apart.

i have not! i have done haunted hayrides though, and those are fun. i can do hayrides because like, basically things outside the cart can't get to you/touch you, and if anything is going to get on the cart it's pretty obvious when they do and that's not scary. they just like. walk around. really i love the theatrics of the whole thing--- the props, and settings, the costumes, everything, it's really cool.

aliens as humanoid creatures who fly around in saucers and cut shapes into corn fields? no. however, i do think that there very well may be something akin to life within the universe-- not exactly like life on earth, maybe nothing like us, maybe something so unrecognizable to us that we would never call it life, though it would define itself in that way. who knows? the universe is incredibly wide and i would love to find that somehow, somewhere, life emerged and evolved into something so incredible i cannot even imagine it.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:46 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    mentions;; ruolan, silas | tags;; blood, descriptive gore, violence | word count;; x,xxx

WIP.
important
Global Moderator

afflatus prompt: plan

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:29 am

tags: none! who: petyr, rosie, & monroe words: 693
spacing
Head swivelling, the initiate that had found himself perched on the rooftop was desperate to pick out each and every detail he could find. The voice in the back of his head strangely took on that of his father's, the still-green assassin frowning at the foul taste in his mouth that formed at that. Nearly jumped out of his fucking skin, too, at the hand that softly landed on his shoulder. Poor thing nearly forgot that he wasn't alone. He turned his head a bit to look at his mentor, a smile forming.

"Observe the scene. Create an opportunity," she reminded him with a pointed nod of her head into the crowd below. "Find your target. Hide in plain sight and never let him see you." All things that he knew, though he wasn't necessarily upset to have a reminder. It soothed him to have her with him. Petyr doubted he would've been able to get this far without her -- she had helped him at every step of the way, teaching him everything she knew. It was an odd thought to know that Rosie had been trained by his father, and thus that same training she'd received was now being passed onto him. In a way, he was learning from him. Truth be told, he wasn't how to feel about that. So much heartache surrounded the name, yet... The pangs of grief and guilt were cut short by the sound of clicking tiles, Rosie scuttling back a bit further to sit near the third assassin.

Petyr returned his attention to the estate below, gripping onto the edges of the beam to steady himself. Being up so high was still a new thing to him, and likely something he wouldn't grow accustomed to for quite some time. But, nevertheless. He had a plan in motion, centred around the various advantages he could seize.

Rosie refused to sit too close to the other man, though did keep out of sight -- decidedly letting Petyr take the reigns on this one. His first-ever contract -- and gods be damned if she wasn't proud of him. This pride, of course, was fleeting -- the sound of rustling papers from the map in Monroe's hands causing her to hesitate for but a second. "Jones, darling," Monroe began, tone dangerously sweet, "this is the wrong house." Well, shit. They were at such a distance to where Petyr couldn't hear them, the poor naive thing still working under the assumption that this was the right place. What were they supposed to do? Gods only knew Monroe would never let him hear the end of this.

"Snow," she called out to him, voice edging on kindness and slight annoyance. Not with Petyr, of course, but with this sudden revelation. "Come here a moment, would you?" Lécuyer lifted his head, the initiate scampering back from the roof's edge to sit near the chimney alongside the other two. Amber eyes were bright, as though he was ready to be told off for doing something wrong. There was no hiding Rosie's frown.

"The estate is about one hundred metres that-a-way," Monroe spoke up, pointing off into the direction. "This, I'm afraid, is the wrong fucking house."

"Mon dieux," he cursed immediately, gritting his teeth. He even went as far as to point a finger at him, eyes narrowing. "Do not say a word," he warned the other assassin. Rosie seemed rather exasperated, and Petyr was too flustered to even think of more to say. Monroe simply threw his hands up, sniggering to himself.

"I said not a word," he cooed, though his dark eyes flashed with humour. "Might I say, though, that I am horribly proud of you, Snow. Your very first contract -- not even inside the gates and you've already managed to fuck it up." This time, it was Rosie's turn to shoot Monroe a murderous look.

"Shut up, Sinclair. Come, change of plans. A minor detour, nothing to it." But alas, the damage was already done in the form of his pride taking a hit. So much for the meticulous plan he'd conjured up, all to just throw it away.
Gamora
Black Belt

Prompt

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:08 pm

• HOCUS POCUS
      based on nysm roleplay with trophyboys || word count: 662

Halloween wasn't her favorite holiday, but she didn't dislike it. It was an excuse to have fun, drink, and dress up, so what was there to complain about? Plus she could dress like a slut and nobody in the group could shit on her for it. Though they all did roll her eyes when she walked down the stairs wearing a maid outfit, an inside joke they all shared that Danny and Tess thought was hilarious and the rest of them did not. Speaking of Danny, she had been bugging him for a week now to get his costume together and he pulled up last minute wearing a magicians hat and a suit. That would have been fine, since he looked damn good in it, but he wouldn't stop walking around doing magic tricks all damn night. Tess liked his talented abilities and found what he could do interesting, but they talked about magic nearly every day and she just wanted a break from it.

"Come on, Tess," Danny pressed, sing-songing his pleas in an attempt to get her to do what he was asking of her, "it'll be fun!" He honestly wasn't very persuading, especially since he was a little bit tipsy which usually just made him more of an asshole. Tess loved him anyway, but that didn't mean she didn't get annoyed with him. Especially now. Normally she'd be all for entertaining him with his tricks and magic, but not this particular one. He wanted her to hop in the box he uses to saw people in half. Despite knowing she wouldn't actually be cut in half, she just wasn't feeling it. She was tired of talking about magic and just wanted to enjoy the night and drink. But Danny wouldn't stop pressing. "You're scared aren't you?" he teased, and that really got her attention, Tessa's head snapping up towards him and her eyes narrowing. "Don't be such a pussy."

She kept glaring at him for a moment. He was too tipsy to squirm under her wrath like he normally would, so Tess knew she'd have to take matters into her own hands. "Fine," she snapped, holding her head high and proud as she stood up from the couch, feigning a smile. "But let me show you a trick first." The room quieted and Tess knew all eyes were on them. Danny still didn't seem phased and was genuinely interested, watching her as she moved over to the drink table. He should know better than to think she was being serious considering her narrow eyed glare should have been enough to make him rethink his words.

As soon as she reached the table, Tess grabbed the wand prop that had been sitting there. It was mostly for decoration, but certainly was about to come in good use. Walking back over to Danny, she swayed her hips in a sultry fashion to distract him, still wearing a fake smile on her face. Her distraction definitely worked because she watched his eyes roam and moved his hands from his lap, probably expecting her to give him another lap dance. What an idiot.

Just as she reached him, instead of doing what he obviously expected and what she fooled him into thinking, Tess smacked him hard on the head with the plastic wand. Danny flinched at the action and looked up at her surprised. "What the hell?" he questioned, a hand coming up to rub his head where she had hit him. It really wasn't that hard, so he was just being a baby. Though the fake smile and happy expression dropped to a glare as she looked at him, eyes narrowed once again. "Hocus pocus, bitch," she said, sounding unamused, "now you're sleeping on the couch tonight." With that, she turned on her heels and headed towards the stairs towards their bedroom. Despite how annoyed she was, she couldn't help but smirk as she heard the others cheering, hollering, and teasing Danny.
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. only here for roleplays & character
      development. please don't pm me at this time.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

Deer
Overseer

Member Interview

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Sorry for this interview being so lame but my country doesn't do Halloween.

1. Does your country have any Halloween traditions? If so, what are they?
My country doesn't really celebrate Halloween. I do know that over the last year this thing called 'Fright Nights' have been starting, which is basically theme parks making haunted houses, but I never really went there.
We don't celebrate Halloween here in my country, so I don't really have any traditions.
I guess anything with chocolate? There aren't specific Halloween recipes I ever tried.
4. Best spooky song?
Uhhh, good question. I don't really have any spooky song? Can I just... have no opinion on this?
I hate any sort of horror movie, so I don't really have a favorite 'Halloween' movie.
No, I am not.
I don't have one due to my country not doing halloween.
Yes, I did! It was a tiny one though and it was just for fun.
My favorite holiday has to be Christmas. Just the general cozy atmosphere. I like Sinterklaas too but it isn't officially a holiday, sadly. It's pretty similar to Christmas (the Santa Claus based version), though.
I like the fact that it is getting chillier, the hot summer weather fades away and I can wear my sweaters again.
No, not at all.
I don't really have a go to movie? But I guess In Time is the movie I could see over and over again.
I have fear of instability. Which is pretty much fear of heights but only if/when I feel unstable.
Yes! But probably just mediocre one. Like, the ones they have at a theme park. It was fun, though, but probably because none of them were really scary.
I am a sort of neutral. One hand I do believe in them because I don't think we can be all alone in the universe. On the other hand, if they existed there should have been some form of life being spotted, right? But if I have to pick, I do believe they exist.