AS Afflatus: Issue Thirty-One

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Deer
Overseer
House: Halcyon

Prompt

Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:19 pm

ImageImage
═════════════════════
"He died for the first time yesterday"
1,490 words
Based on rp w trophyboys
It had been his first week on his job. Henry had been excited about getting to start as a police officer at the local police department. Years he had been studying for this. He had been giving all he had and in the end it had all paid off. He was a rookie, that was true, but Henry was an excited rookie. Even if all he did in the first few days was reading paperwork, Henry was happy. His dream was finally coming true and he had his life together. He was living together with his boyfriend in a neat apartment. They were ready to start their lives together. Both of them were 23 and in the middle of their youth. Nothing could go wrong now.

Henry was the type of guy who was overly excited and eager to get things done. It wasn’t a surprise to anyone that he was staying late in his first days. Not because he wanted to make a good impression, no. Most of this was based on the fact that Henry was too engrossed into the cases he was reading. He wanted to learn and help out, not wanting to make any mistakes later on because he hadn’t been careful enough with his paperwork.

“Officer Abernathy.” Henry looked up as he heard his name being called. It was his mentor and for a moment Henry feared he had done something wrong. “Yes, Detective Parker?” Henry replied. “Seems like it is your lucky night. We have heard about a big drug deal going on and there are too few men available. You’re coming with us.”

Henry felt his eyes widen slightly, not expecting he was able to get out into the field so quickly! It didn’t take too long before Henry was putting on his bulletproof vest over his uniform and retrieving his gun from his locker. This was going to be awesome! The first night where he would be on the streets, actually contributing to the safety of his city. This was going to be a great story to tell to Aleks tonight. He would be so proud of Henry.

The man focussed back on the job soon enough, ensuring he had everything he needed and heading after the rest of the police force towards the cars. He sat down in the car of Detective Parker, glancing at his mentor as he pulled out of the parking lot. “This is all you have worked for, Abernathy. I know you are a great asset to our team. You’re here for back-up, so don’t do anything unless one of our lives is at stake. Understood?”

“Very clear, Detective Parker.” Henry replied, wondering for a moment what they would actually see. Would it be just like the movies? Probably not. He turned on his earpiece as they approached the scenery, the man getting out of the car and watching as everyone was grouping. There was one other rookie present at the scene, the rest of the squad was a mixture of Detectives and more experienced police officers. They had grouped in front of a warehouse, Henry’s eyes focussed on Detective Parker and following the movements that he had made with his hands to signal everyone’s position. They would approach the warehouse from two angles, both doors so that nobody could flee.

Being the rookie, Henry was placed in the middle of the team. There was an officer in front of him and one behind him to cover their backs as they walked up to the door. They were silent upon approaching, not wanting to scare off whoever was inside of here and make them flee. Henry could feel the adrenaline rush through his veins as he rose his gun, ready to strike and show the police force that he was worth something. They were most likely standing there for a few seconds, but they felt like minutes to the young aspiring cop.

Then the signal was given and the two teams rushed in, Henry following behind the leader of his group as they ran in. “NYPD! Freeze!” One of the officers called out to the small group of criminals gathered within the warehouse. Henry could easily see the open suitcase filled with drugs, as it seemed like they had been in the middle of a deal. He watched in awe as the other police men easily overpowered most of the criminals, flooring them and pulling their hands behind their backs. Henry was just standing there as back up, pointing his gun at the scenery in case one of them tried to do something stupid, just like the other remaining police officers who weren’t busy with flooring any of the suspects.

The whole thing took three minutes at most, before all of the criminals were either laying on the floor or sitting on their knees with their hands cuffed. “Abernathy. Jackson. Pat our suspects down for weapons.” The moment Henry heard his commanding officer call him, he put his gun away in his holster. He glanced over at Jackson, who was the other rookie and simply gave him a nod. Henry pulled out his flashlight to get some extra light in the dark warehouse so that Jackson could do his job easier. So Henry watched as he shone his light at the first suspect, allowing for Jackson to pat the man down and retrieve any weapons they may have.

Things were going well, but the moment they reached the third suspect Henry could feel all the joy he had felt because of this victory die down. His flashlight revealed the face and with that also identity of the third person. It was a face he knew too well. Henry paused in his steps, shaking his head as he didn’t know what he was seeing. He must be dreaming. Yes, that was it.

“Abernathy!” He came back to his senses when Jackson called for him, stepping forwards to give the man some light. “Let’s switch.” he told the man, handing the flashlight over to Jackson before Henry knelt down to pat the clothes of the person in front of him. His eyes stared straight into the ones of the man. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Because he knew this guy. It wasn’t just a guy, it wasn’t just someone he had known in his past. It was someone he had thought to know but seemingly didn’t know at all. It was his beloved Aleks. His boyfriend, his best friend. His soulmate. The male who had always cheered Henry on and was nothing but supportive about Henry becoming a cop. While he could sense some kind of guilt within Aleks’s eyes, Henry didn’t pay any attention to it. He kept his cool but deep inside he felt shattered. Henry wasn’t naïve, he knew that Aleks was involved with this. It wasn’t a freak accident and Aleks wasn’t at the wrong place at the wrong time.

But perhaps, that wasn’t the thing that disappointed Henry most. The thing that made the male even more disappointed was the fact that he retrieved a knife from Aleks’s body. Most likely it had been a precaution for self defense, but Henry didn’t fucking care. He remained silent the whole time, merely judging Aleks with his gaze. And Aleks knew him well enough to know what Henry was thinking at this moment.

Ever since that moment, Henry had been numb. He had been completing his work and helped out with the paperwork that had to be done. He had been dropped off at home by Detective Parker, as Henry’s house was on his way anyways. The man had unlocked the apartment, only to know he would be greeted with silence. It all felt heavy on the man. He couldn’t process it, trying to wrap his head around everything. Why was Aleks a criminal? How long had this been going on? Had Henry been too blind and foolish to see what had been going on right in front of him? There were too many questions and too little answers. All that Henry knew after a sleepless night was that his heart was shattered. His trust was broken and Henry knew he wouldn’t be himself again. Not after last night.

He had heard this saying in college, that a police man would die every once in a while. Not the literal death, more a figurative one. He had been warned for situations that could come up that would haunt him for years. That would scar him, would tear him apart. This was his first event, only a few days into his job. He was already sitting at home with a bottle of wine, trying to decrease the pain he felt in his whole being for the betrayal of the man he loved so fully. Henry had died for the first time yesterday. That was the only thing the man was sure of at the moment.

Imagexx
════════════════════════════════════════
Overseer | Current project: research | Chat is live! | Roleplay Index
Boo Sis Potato || Staff Twitter

════════════════════════════════════════
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 31 Member Interview

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:35 am

1. What are your bad habits?
Eating too much chocolate sometimes...lol
Oh, biting nails sometimes happens

2. Do you like big crowds of people?
um, no...

3. Do you think age matters in a relationship? Why/Why not?
Obviously! A 30 year old can NOT be with a 13 year old...A 17 and 16 year old is fine, except in New York, where 17 is an adult...unless they’re just holding hands.

4. What are you paranoid about?
Creepy people...kind of.

5. Do you believe in luck and miracles?
Miracles, yes.

6. Are you easy to get along with?
I think I am.

7. What do other people find outstanding about you?
How much animals sometimes love me, not even kidding.

8. Trip to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean?
Neither...sorry. If i didn’t have anxiety, maybe the ocean.

9. What is your secret/most important wish?
Well, I got my cat two or three years ago, so not that. A service dog for my panic attacks.

10. Do you have a vice that you hate having?
Um...i don’t know.

11. What is your favorite rp genre?
Fantasy, or animals.

12. What is your least favorite rp genre?
Idk

13. How did you get started with role-playing?
Found Cs by chance, joined some RPs at some point.

14. What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet?
I don’t even know, because now I have many one on ones.

15. From your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started?
Have confidence in yourself, ask for help if you need it. Don’t join an rp you can post enough for...be like me in the one x one search: read everything, if someone’s search post interests you, and DONT pm them about one on ones if they’re asking for too much from you, even when you have writers block. no joke, a person over on cs wants 200 or 300 words in their partners post, even if that person has writers block. Also, tell people if you’re going to be gone, or need a few days away.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 31 Character Interview one

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:37 am

Emberr (Blaze x Daniel, who are Aphmaus characters, but Emberr is my oc kid)
1. What would you say is your character's theme song?
Erm...Idk, honestly...

2. If your character was a supernatural creature, what would they be and why? Can you describe what they’d look like?
They literally are a werewolf...

3. If they were in the Hunger Games, would they survive for long? What would be their weapon of choice?
Idk; Claws, or a sword.

4. What would be your character's totem animal? Why?
Wolf, because they literally are a wolf.

5. What kind of a superpower would your character like to have the most? Why?
If they were human, maybe flying. They love the sky, and flying would be faster.

6. It’s the purge. What does your character do? Do they stay inside, or do they go out and break the law?
They stay inside...but if someone attacks, they fight back.

7. Did they grow up nurtured or neglected? How has this affected them in adulthood?
Nurtured. Not technically an adult yet.

8. If they could only save one thing from a burning building, what would it be? Why?
Their family...because s/he loves them.

9. What do they think is the worst thing that can be done to a person?
Murder...and r@pe, which usually ends in murder.

10. What is their greatest regret?
Nothing, yet.

11. What is their perception of redemption?
S/he thinks it's good usually.

12. What would they ask a fortune teller?
S/he would ask if the family would get a pet, honestly.

13. Someone has wronged your character. Do they respond with forgiveness or revenge?
Forgiveness.

14. What, if anything, makes your character feel insecure?
Nothing, s/he is kid right now.

15. Does your character see themselves as the victim?
No.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 31 Character Interview two

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:37 am

Cara (Donnie) (other kid of Blaze and Daniel)
1. What would you say is your character's theme song?
Idk, yet.

2. If your character was a supernatural creature, what would they be and why?
Can you describe what they’d look like?
She is a werewolf already, hmm.

3. If they were in the Hunger Games, would they survive for long? What would be their weapon of choice?
Idk; claws or crossbow.

4. What would be your character's totem animal? Why?
Wolf, she is one.

5. What kind of a superpower would your character like to have the most? Why?
If she was human, super speed. She loves to run, that's why.

6. It’s the purge. What does your character do? Do they stay inside, or do they go out and break the law?
Stays inside, gets protected.

7. Did they grow up nurtured or neglected? How has this affected them in adulthood?
Nurtured, not an adult yet.

8. If they could only save one thing from a burning building, what would it be? Why?
Family, because she loves them.

9. What do they think is the worst thing that can be done to a person?
R@pe and murder...

10. What is their greatest regret?
Nothing yet.

11. What is their perception of redemption?
It's good in most cases.

12. What would they ask a fortune teller?
Same as Emberr.

13. Someone has wronged your character. Do they respond with forgiveness or revenge?
Forgiveness.

14. What, if anything, makes your character feel insecure?
Nothing yet.

15. Does your character see themselves as the victim?
No.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 31 Prompt

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:38 am

“Run.”

Characters: Shinichi/Conan, Kaito, Jessica (oc), maybe Ran
Warnings: theft? That's not a topic that needs warning, not by AS rules, I don't think

Kaito smiled as he looked over towards his friend, a lovely ginger who’s hair was curly and had grown to reach midback now. He beckoned her over to him, though the motion honestly was a bit lazy. Jessica huffed a bit, then shrugged and walked over. She sat beside him, looking at the webpage he was on: a museum page. There was a jewel there, reminiscent of a rose, called the Amethyst Rose. Her eyes went to him, then the jewel, then back to him. “Kaito, you can not be serious...” she said, trailing off at the end. He brushed a hand through his hair, then sighed. He said “I am serious...” She threw her hands up in the air, huffing and shaking her head. She then fell sideways into him, bumping her side against his.

Kaito huffed a bit when she did that...then shook his head. He wrapped an arm about her shoulders, smiling as he kissed the side of her head a moment. He then glanced around, hearing Storm mew, before looking back to the screen. He quietly hummed as he tapped a finger on the side, then shook his head and scrolled down a bit. He hummed quietly as he read about the jewel, then went to the tab he had the museum homepage on. He read that again, then smirked to himself. He was going to get that beautiful purple jewel, he definitely was. He had to make sure it wasn’t the one he was looking for...The moonlight would tell him that in one second after getting the jewel and getting outside. He was so ready for this, ready to find out.

He waited for night to fall, doing the usual stuff and watching Jess go through her routine after dinner. Well, he saw some of it, before disappearing to his ‘hideout ‘ in the basement, donning his costume and hurrying upstairs. He went out the window, putting the screen back in, then climbed up higher on the roof. He opened his glider, taking a running leap and soaring through the air. He grinned as he flew along, soon coming to the museum and landing. He had done his research and found the best way in, slipping through there and dodging security and cameras alike. He hurried to where the Amethyst Rose was, managing to get into the case and grab it. He hummed a moment, then headed for an exit onto the roof.

He got up to the roof without a hitch, grinning to himself and heading across the roof. He stopped in the middle of the roof suddenly, holding the jewel up to the moonlight and frowning...Shaking his head, he lowered his hand and turned, Conan Edogawa standing behind him. Conan grinned, saying “Run.” The police burst through the door just as Kaito began to run across the roof. He tossed the jewel behind him as he ran, jumping off the roof and gliding away. The next day, there was a news article, but he ignored it in favor of hugging Jess and watching videos with her.

(513 words)
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:45 am, edited 10 times in total.
breadstick
Yellow Belt
House: Amaranthine

member interview

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:47 am

member interview
x
x
1. What are your bad habits?
━ i bite the inside of my cheek and my nails, i bounce my leg a lot, and i do this thing where, instead of sitting with my feet flat on the ground, i curl my toes inwards and put pressure on them instead. i also have a habit of ripping paper up in my pocket, and doing something with my hands at every moment of the day. it's not an uncommon thing i don't think, but i can't physically sit still with my hands not doing something. it results in a lot of torn up receipts and bus tickets that linger in my jacket pocket for months on end.
━ i don't mind them i don't think? as long as there's still room to breathe and move around. my time in secondary school has trained me well for this.
yep, i do, though mainly in teenage relationships. maturity varies a lot in those periods in peoples lives, so i do think it's important to date around your age range up until the age of 21. honestly, if they're older adults, consenting and happy, i don't have much an issue with age gaps, though some do make me feel a little odd. but it's none of my business at the end of the day.
━ fires starting as a result of anyone's actions, including my own - also, choking at random points?
━ ehhhh i mean i'm a little superstitious, but i don't really have any major belief in this sort of thing. i'm open to the idea of it, but i'm not going to lie, it'd probably take me a lot to believe something like that wholeheartedly.
━ i like to think i am ...? though i'm not really a good judge of what i am and what i am not, so honestly take that with a pinch of salt and judge for yourself. i try to be approachable and easygoing and i think i am, people have described me as that before, but also some people think i'm intimidating so i don't even know, draw your own conclusions :p
━ when i was in therapy a couple of months ago, the therapist got four people close to me to write up what they thought of me, and the most common thread that ran through all of it was that i'm easy to go to about their problems and i'm a good support to them, so i guess if that counts? if not, everyone comments on my blue hair, even strangers, soooo...?
━ duuuuuude i've been an astronomy nerd since i was seven, SPACE OF COURSE ???? even though the bottom of the ocean is pretty cool, i can't pass up space.
━ secret ... uhhhhh not much about me is secret anymore tbh?
━ as much as i can say negative things about myself all day i don't think i can really find anything in myself that is classified a vice ...? i mean, the closest thing i can think of is that my mother says i act like my father a lot of the time, which ... makes me feel very disgusted in myself to be quite honest, though to what extent she thinks that of me and to what extent that opinion is valid and unbiased is ... up for debate.
━ fantasy and romance all smashed into one! i love having multiple themes in one roleplay, and one 'genre' in particular just bores me a lot - especially if it's specifically focused on romance. i love elaborate plots, extensive universes and characters - probably why i love the aus i've come up with with my best friend so much.
━ uhh i used to love this, but i've completely grown out of it now - but animals. werewolves are an exception. i feel like i've completely done it to exhaustion and i no longer have an interest in it, as well as just associating it with a less mature version of myself who was way, way worse at writing.
━ i had an account on a website called howrse, on which i met my friend at the time, feathers. she introduced me to a roleplaying forum on a mutual friends 'equestrian centre' (they had forums in them, it was odd) which i joined. eventually, that roleplay died, but i still had an interest in it - so, in 2009, i messaged feathers and asked if she wanted to strike up a one x one roleplay, and we did just that?
14. What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet?
━ a globe-spanning journey across multiple countries? i'm not the best at mapping, geography or settings in general, but i would really love to try this someday!
15. From your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started?
━ honestly, push yourself out of your comfort zones with characters and plots! and don't be afraid to change characters to what they originally were! i've had many characters adapt and change according to what situations we've placed them in, and have reevaluated entire personalities due to a shift in the way i wrote them, or some idea i had for their backstory. i think it's important to keep an open mind about things you wouldn't usually try - but, also, don't burn yourself out of an idea! and engage with your roleplay partners! roleplays run a hell of a lot smoother if you get to know your partner well outside of the roleplay. that's how i met my best friend! ALSO don't be afraid to do some research into things if you aren't sure about them. specifics help to iron out characters and plots really well and make them feel more real.
sylver
Attendant

member interview

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:53 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
'CAUSE IF WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT EACH OTHER, IT'S ALL OVER, ALL OVER.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ( ) ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  • 1. What are your bad habits? heavy procrastination & avoidance of unpleasant situations, even when i know i can't avoid them forever (and ignoring them makes it worse). mild SH behaviour, such as chewing on my lips/the insides of my cheeks/fingertips until they're sore and bleeding, scratching my skin open with unwrapped paperclips (usually while dissociating), not taking care of my physical needs (such as by starving myself) to feel "in control" of something, or for self-punishment. also, not talking about my emotions or asking for help unless i'm somewhat drunk are certainly bad habits too.

2. Do you like big crowds of people? you've ever been to munich? big crowds are unavoidable. do i like them? eh, not particularly, but i also don't mind them the majority of the time. i'm used to them and, as long as i blend in and don't draw any attention to myself, i'm comfortable moving as part of a big crowd.

3. Do you think age matters in a relationship? Why/Why not? to a certain extent, yes. there's obviously the legal points to keep in mind, and even after that the differences in maturity, life style, etc. can be quite hard on some relationship. that being said, it all depends on the people in the relationship. if everything's legal, it's none of my business if, say, a 25 year old is dating a 60 year old, as long as both are happy in the relationship. me personally, while i find myself often drawn to people a bit younger than me for platonic relationships, if i were to ever seriously date somebody again, i feel like i'd be happier with someone older? thinking of someone roughly 3 to 5 years my senior. which goes to show - everyone has their preferences, and as long as they aren't breaking any laws and are happy, who gives a shit?

4. What are you paranoid about? my relationships, mostly. my brain likes to go "everyone actually hates you & is just pretending to like you" at random intervals and it's... taxing. but also, social interactions in general. a group of girls laugh when i pass them by? they're probably laughing at me. a dude looked over at me more than once on public transport? he probably thinks i'm disgusting. guy at a party chatted me up and tried to flirt with me? he probably was dared by a friend to do that and has no actual interest in me. i've been trying to more consciously direct my thoughts away from that kinda negativity, but... it's hard, lmao.

5. Do you believe in luck and miracles? not... particularly, no? luck, in a way, yes, but... also no? miracles? definitely a no. i associate miracles too much with religious stuff to actually believe in them.

6. Are you easy to get along with? i mean, i try to be? but i know for a fact some people think of me as cold, intimidating, arrogant, etc, so... all i can say is that a lot of that is my shit mental health and/or the fact my face naturally gravitates to something semi-annoyed and/or apathetic and distant, but if someone gets to know me and we click, i'd like to think of myself as a decent enough friend? online especially i have an easier time being approachable and i love helping people/feeling useful, so as long as you aren't a dick who thinks/supports sth that goes entirely against my own moral code, or has hurt someone i care about a lot in the past, i'm as soft and easy to get along with as i possibly can be.

7. What do other people find outstanding about you? my marketing colleagues like to compliment me on my writing skills, so? is that something i can put here? a few other people have told me they're amazed by how willing i am to drop everything to help them, too.

8. Trip to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean? both would be way more unpleasant to me than enjoyable, but uhh, i suppose i could cope a bit better with a trip to the bottom of the ocean?

9. What is your secret/most important wish? my most important wish? to get better and achieve even a semblance of the happy life i dream of having one day.

10. Do you have a vice that you hate having? my shitty coping mechanisms, the (un)holy trinity of drinking too much alcohol, self-medicating, and smoking. don't get me wrong, i have no real desire to stop with that anytime soon, but that doesn't mean i have to be fond of my vices regardless.

11. What is your favorite rp genre? fantasy, and anything darker-themed - not only horror, but just anything dark is my jam.

12. What is your least favorite rp genre? hmm... i'd like to say romance, but i don't mind it as a sub-genre whatsoever, so? uhh, probably slice of life. unless there's something else mixed in with it, i just find it utterly boring. if i want to experience the life of the normal working class TM, i just have to exist. why write about it?

13. How did you get started with role-playing? i was on a site for gaming tips, where a dude messaged me and asked me to join his private pokemon-related forum. so i joined up there and, eventually, he and a bunch of other peeps introduced me to the world of roleplaying. from there on, i moved over to CS, and eventually AS back in 2014 (i've switched account multiple times, shh).

14. What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet? hmm... i don't know, really? can't think of anything i never got to try that i was super itching to do

15. From your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started? don't be afraid to experiment around! try your hands at different genres, different pairings, etc. don't be afraid to experiment around with your own writing style either! eventually, you'll find your favourites, and you'll find a writing style that feels comfortable, that feels like you, and that just comes easily to you. what's the fun in having a consistent writing style for 10 years when you haven't been able to experience joy while writing due to said style for 7 of them? allow and embrace change, don't be afraid to reinvent yourself, and don't be afraid to try new thing even when you said you'd never write about those topics/genres a year ago.
Gamora
Black Belt

Member Interview

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:26 pm

• 1. What are your bad habits? holding myself to too high of a standard when it comes to something new, then getting upset and quitting when I'm not good at it right away. i.e. art, sports, etc. it's a habit i'm trying to nip in the butt. that and my consistent eating out lol.
      2. Do you like big crowds of people? nope. most of the time big crowds just cause a mild discomfort, but sometimes it triggers my anxiety to the point i have a panic attack or disassociate. i've gotten better about it, but some days are just bad days.
      3. Do you think age matters in a relationship? Why/Why not? not really, so long as it's legal. like don't be a pedo, but if you're dating someone ten or tfifteen, or hell even twenty years older than you I personally don't see an issue, so long as you are on the same wave-length in life. for example, if you are twenty and have been holding a full time job since graduation and have your life pretty put together financially, then there's literally no issue dating someone at thirty in the same boat. but if you're fresh out of college working a part-time job and still live with your parents and your s/o is a hard-working older person wanting to settle down, then it won't work out. it's about being on the same wave-length in life, the same point in life, and having the same maturity. if you are nineteen and want to settle down with a thirty year old and start a family, there's nothing wrong with that. and tbh I get along with older people generally anyway because i'm mature for my age. no partying or clubbing here lol. the older the better imo. juli knows what i'm saying c;
      4. What are you paranoid about? so many things I couldn't list them all, but it all stems from my anxiety. i'll double check things to make sure I do them, try to arrive early so i'm not late, worry that someone is gonna come out of the woods and stab me when i'm letting me dog out at night, etc. all the unnecessary bullshit lol.
      5. Do you believe in luck and miracles? I believe in fate and things happen the way they are supposed to.
      6. Are you easy to get along with? generally. unless you rub me the wrong way for whatever reason. I just don't waste my time with people that treat me like shit.
      7. What do other people find outstanding about you? the amount of people that told me i'm so mature for my age is insane lol. especially romantic interests. they get surprised that I have money put aside for a house and that I have no more student loans and have a full-time job. also been complimented on my smut writing abilities tbh.
      8. Trip to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean? neither? both scare the shit out of me. i'd def have to choose outer space over the ocean though because the ocean is more terrifying to me. maybe i'll meet gamora in space lol.
      9. What is your secret/most important wish? to not be disabled anymore. i'm tired of being in chronic pain. that, and I hope to one day settle down. hopefully within the next five year, but we'll see where life takes me.
      10. Do you have a vice that you hate having? refer to my habits lol ^
      11. What is your favorite rp genre? is sin a genre? lmao. but no, I like fandoms and supernatural type shit I guess? or just tabooish shit? tbh I don't even know, i'm a mixed bag.
      12. What is your least favorite rp genre? slice of life. I get soooo bored. unless it's like slice of life mixed with angst and violence and sin or something.
      13. How did you get started with role-playing? my friend in grade 7 showed me CS. the rest is history. shout out to jess for showing me AS so we could write clintasha smut lol
      14. What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet? hmm that's a good one. i've always wanted to try and do some sort of greek mythology type shit or like historical rps. but I get confused easily on history so it's hard for me to keep up haha.
      15. From your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started? just write. and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and please communicate with your writing partner.
    • " WE'RE LOSERS, AND
      WE ALWAYS WILL BE."

"follow your own path.
      wherever that takes you."

┌─────────────────┐

starmora & reddie enthusiast
      my inbox is always open

└─────────────────┘

"fuck you, bro"nerdtrashmouth
      ───────────────────
teddy
Green Belt
House: Amaranthine

afflatus member interview.

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:20 am

• MEMBER INTERVIEW.
    • 1. What are your bad habits?
      oh god. a lot. i procrastinate for as long as i can. i'm definitely lazy. i don't take care of myself as well as i should. i chew my lips/inside of my mouth, i complain a lot even though i'm a pretty fortunate person. shit like that.

no. no... just, no. it really sets off my anxiety and big crowds of people just make me feel really dizzy, if i'm being honest.

uhhh, jenna already exposed me, honestly lol. i don't see a problem with age gaps as long as the two parties involved are both consenting adults, ya know? like her, i get along better with older people, anyhow. i'm not really into parties or hookups, either, which i find is common place at my age. granted, i cringe at all the 'i'm a 18 year old model and this 88 year old man is my fiance' clickbait shows and articles you used to see like 10 years ago, but still, if someone's happy with who they are (and it's consensual and legal) who is anyone else to complain about it? also, if u kno, u kno. @ jenna.

i don't really think i'm paranoid about much anymore. maybe that my store manager hates me and would fire me in an instant, but, not really at the same time. i used to be really paranoid that none of my friends actually liked me and were just using me/befriending me out of pity -- things like that. but, i grew out of that when i started surrounding myself with good, supportive friends that i trust. occasionally, i get very anxious in public when i see people laughing or just glancing in my direction. my mind immediately goes to the idea that they're laughing at/making fun of me, but i try to stay away from that mindset nowadays.

i wish i did. to me, miracles are more of a "this is god's work" or a religious thing, so my beliefs are just a bit too suspended to really believe in it.

honestly, i think so? a lot of people, especially online, tell me that i'm really easy to talk to and very chill. i think that it doesn't really take much for me to click with a person, either. as long as you're kind and willing to put up with my rambling, we're golden. bonus points if we have something in common.

a lot of people, especially my coworkers, are always surprised to find out i'm so young. i'm told i'm very mature and i don't act like a teenager at all, which i believe is a good thing. i've always thought that i'm mature for my age, but it always astonishes new people i meet.

honestly, neither. i wasn't a space kid growing up and the thought of being at the bottom of the ocean makes me want to shit myself. can i opt out for a nice trip to the uk, or something?

oh, man. for the shitpost, to own a tesla.

yeah. i sleep a lot. if i was one of the 7 deadly sins, i'd definitely be sloth. i suppose it's not really a vice like smoking or drinking, but, god, sometimes i hate how much time i waste sleeping. i come home after going to one store? i have to go nap. i come home from my classes? another nap. before i go to work? another nap. i hate it but i always just feel so tired.

i don't think i could pick a favorite, to be honest. i think romance isn't exactly a genre, but a subgenre. so, with that being said, definitely historical & action, with plenty of romance involved. i adore my historical characters and plug them in any time i can tho, tbh, so i'm leaning a bit more toward historical. that, or anything super angsty and dramatic.

animals, like wolves, dogs, or warrior cats. that excludes werewolves, though, for some reason i quite like them. i just don't find it fun to rp animals, even though i was one of those cs-kids that only rped warrior cats for such a long time. i don't enjoy it.

weirdly enough, i started out rping on instagram. i don't even remember how, tbh. it was a warrior cat rp though (lmfao) and one day i heard of chicken smoothie and made the switch from there. that was when i started getting into more literate rping and making human characters. i randomly clicked on a link from someone's signature and found AS, and never looked back since.

ahhh i could go on and on forever, to be honest. i really want more action-based plots, because i want to get into action more. but, as both jenna and kami know, i've been ranting on about 6 underground, another x-men plot, and,,,, house,,, out of all things. oops. oh, also something world of warcraft or the elder scrolls related but i !! don't know all that much lore for either game. another oops.

try your hand at everything !! you won't find your writing niche instantly. do something out of your comfort zone. write what you want to, even if you don't think others will like it. also, write like no one else is reading. the only way to improve is to keep going at it, to keep challenging yourself. if you try to write like your favorite author, you might burn yourself out. however, with that being said, sometimes i find it beneficial to read smth from a different writer just to see their style, and try to challenge myself to implement different things, like descriptors or phrasings, here and there.
Aporia
Yellow Belt
House: Halcyon Head Girl

afflatus #31 member interview

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:12 am

ImagexxxMember Interview.
  • 1. What are your bad habits?
    a lot of avoidance. i am freaked out about something? i avoid it entirely, i'm trying to get better at that though. i also bite my nails as a nervous habit, and just fiddle with whatever my hands can find in general.
    most of the time, no. it's really overwhelming for me aha. especially since most of the time i won't know those people. i'm strangely ok with like, concerts and stuff?? kinda depends.
    yes, it does matter at certain points. obviously legal stuff, but also maturity levels. when you're younger the age gap shouldn't be as large simply due to being in different places entirely in life. once it's like, 30s, then the range kind of extends. i personally wouldn't be super comfortable with a large age gap but that's just me aha. but i'd just be really cautious with others intentions and all that, though people can do what they like within reason. also age + authority position over someone is big hmm. i'm mostly taking this as romantic relationship btw, friendships are a slightly diff case but still matter to a point. it kind of depends on circumstances.
    a lot idk. it's hard to list, i've got anxiety so it can be... anything really. but i'm working on positive thoughts instead so i'd rather not think too hard about it.
    yes? kind of? i'm not sure. i of course do dumb little luck rituals like lucky numbers, hexes in jest (yes rugby player, i will attempt to make you miss the goal through the tv screen), and touch wood. but i'm not sure i really believe it? let's call it cautiously optimistic.
    oh boy, i hope so! i try to be friendly, but i do take a little bit to talk to until i fully open up. i'm just a kind of very completely awkward person aha, you gotta get to know me on a surface level before i ya know, expand the layers (i'm like an onion). i try to be good to talk to even so! i do wanna be approachable.
    idk really. me being fun?? my determined hardworking nature?
    outer space!!! both equally terrifying but hey if i have the option to go into space i'm damn going. i will just try to not think about all the sci-fi movies where things go wrong!!
    i just want to finally be at peace with myself, and my identity. and also maybe a so would be real nice in the future. but im just still not sure what i want.
    idk? vice is diff from habit, so no, i don't. don't drink or smoke or anything aha.
    action romance. or slice of life with a bit of angst/plot points thrown in of course. pretty flexible though.
    werewolves really. i'm just... not a fan and have never exactly been a fan? i'm just more of a vampire girl, ya feel me.
    warrior cats! read the books and found a website for it back in 2012, wild times aha. i used to rp on there for a long ass time and actually still have a friend from there i still communicate with!
    none really?? all the ideas i have muse for are currently happening aha.
    don't be afraid to just write, and take your time. if you struggle with time, i would recommend 1x1 rps instead of group ones. i stressed myself out too often in the past with fast moving group rps and almost sacrificed sleep and grades for keeping up with rps and it was really bad for me. so have fun with your writing, but also don't let it consume you.