AS Afflatus: Issue Thirty-One

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

angelofwarfare
Red Belt
House: Vipera

afflatus activity

Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:22 am

(first character inspired by: john wayne by lady gaga) xxxx Image xxxx "i crave a real wild man" ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxname:thane
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxage:twenty-nine years of age
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxorientation:hetero
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrace:human
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxclass:mandalorian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtraits:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♢heightened senses
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♢heightened reflexes
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♢speaks multiple languages
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxappearance:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♢brow scar example
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♢general appearance example
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfaceclaim:one and two
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxgear:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrifle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxjet pack
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdark saber
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxflamethrower
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhistory:stranded from war at a very young age, and was accepted amongst the manadalorians. his mentor has raised him and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtaught him the ways that the mandalore live by. with devotion and determination along with a pinch of luck on his side, he was xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxable to make a name for himself in the world of the mercenaries. his price high, but all more worthy for what you gained from his xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxservices. he has his own ship to which he sails the stars, for he never does call a place home. he is an incredibly skilled fighter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfrom close quarters to long-range. while he has a beating heart and blood that flows through him like any other human, some xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbelieve that it is a demon that lives beneath the helmet. something that never lifts its mask, and leaves death and decay in his xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwake. he is feared by the empire and the rebellion, for he is not loyal to no man. credits is what buys his allegiance.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "i'm strung out on john wayne" ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ xxxx

(second character inspired by: false alarm by the weeknd)

xxxx Image xxxx "she always leaves the man she loves" ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxname:selene
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxage:thirty years of age
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxorientation:hetero
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrace:human and ???
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxclass:sith inquisitor
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtraits:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♢the 'force'
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♢specialty training from empire
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♢'command presence'
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxappearance:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♢spotting of shoulders & fangs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♢general appearance example
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeyes
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfaceclaim:one and two
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxgear:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrotational saber
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpersonal ship
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxforce lightning
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthe force
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhistory: a little girl that has been sold to slavers by her step-gather for fifteen credits. underneath, there is bitterness and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxresentment for the fatherly figure that has sold her so that there was one less mouth to feed in a household of six siblings. she xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhas lived a modest life underneath her own masters, as she tended to the needs of the high lady of the home. though, this xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxarrangement does not last long. an attack by the empire destroys the home, and the death of one of their troopers from her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxunderlying power, led to a recruitment to become a sith inquistor. she is deadly when it comes to the force as well as her saber. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthough, there is weakness when it comes to strength and long-range. nevertheless, she is a force not to be reckoned with.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "but the diamonds are forever" ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ xxxx
angelofwarfare
Red Belt

afflatus prompt

Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:23 am

(1,041 w.)
(history snippet based off of second character created for afflatus activity.)
Hidden text.

(S)he died for the first time yesterday.

The days of bygone has been of life's simplicity. At least, for a life of a servant as young as she was. There were the tales whispered through the hushed voices of the others that were huddled closely in the quarters where they have all slept underneath the same raggedy roof that would bleed of rainwater when the stronger of storms brewed through the region. In comparison to the others that have shared the similar twist of fate to be sold off from the slavers, fortune has truly blessed them. There were masters far more crueler that would inflict a great deal of harm to a servant if they were to make the tiniest of mistakes from accidentally dropping a porcelain plate with the hefty load that was cradled in their arms to stealing a half of loaf of bread because their bellies ached from the hungering pangs. They have been gracious to be bought from those far kinder. It still does not separate the fact to the differentiating classes. Slave to master. Peasant to nobility. No matter the numerous ways it could be painted, it was a stark contrast, and they were to acknowledge this fine line.The noble family had a younger daughter. The same age as she. The daughter, bright-eyed and radiates of her childhood innocence, that begs and pleads for her to play with the extravagant and porcelain dolls that her father would have brought from his business trips or the frilly and lace dresses that a young girl would squeal at the sights of. The products of luxuries that no doubt costed a fortune, and could very well buy a roof over her own head for two months at the outskirts of the city. The kind of things that she does not dare to lay a finger on. The nobleman's daughter is seated prettily on the stool situated in front of a vanity mirror. The obsidian haired servant girl dips her frail and calloused fingers into the perfume with its topper twisted open, and strokes her fingers gently through the ringlets of the copper curls. Idle chatter was distributed between the two. The lesson that the daughter has learned from her private tutor in the early morning about the ever-shifting politics to the world, and another lesson of how to act and carry herself as does the nobility do with such fluidity and gracefulness.Just as Selene was to reach back over to the perfume bottle to dip her fingers in, the shuddering of the nearby window causes for her to pause. Her brows furrow in their confusion, and from the paused work, the nobleman's daughter swivels in her stool to peer up at her with an inquisitiveness.

"What's the matter? Why did you stop?", she asks of her, to which Selene swiftly dismisses it with a shake of her head. There it is again. The rattling of the collected items scattered across the vanity's glossy table top. Glasses of perfumes, brushes, and hair ties fall from its sides. It was enough to gather the focus and the curiosity of the nobleman's daughter. Her hands gather the skirts to her dress, as she trots to the window. The curtains are pushed aside with the excitement of the possibility to catching a glimpse of a freighter. Rarely do they come by in these parts. Yet, the giddiness dies with her eyes falling onto the star destroyer that hovers loomingly in the darkened skies. The servant girl pushes away from where she previously stands to join the nobleman's daughter. "Why are they here? Mommy said that this was safe....away from the Empire.", the nobleman's daughter breathes lowly, before she exchanges a worried glance to Selene. A second's worth of passing keeps the silence between them, only for Selene to depart from her side and crouch beside the neatly made bed. A leather suitcase is yanked from underneath it, and is sprawled out onto the top of the bedding. "You need to go. Your family needs to leave. Start packing. Get everything that you need. Quickly. Before they-", Selene instructs the nobleman's daughter with a sense of urgency. A door downstairs slams open. There are shouts and screams that bounce off the walls of the home. Blaster fire follows suit, only for the sound of orders to be barked. They were already here. How? A shuttle from the destroyer? They would not be able to flee on foot. They would be caught.

Selene twirls to face the nobleman's daughter and tugs at the sleeve to her arm"You need to hide! They are going to find us!", Selene says shakily, as her amber-hued eyes flit around the room for the possibilities for her to hide. "The bed. Hide under the bed. They are not going to find you. Just stay silent.", Selene speaks lowly, but panic bubbles over the girl. She does not hear a single word. Her eyes are glossy of their tears. Her mouth agape. Her skin as pale as the dolls perched on the shelving to the room. "Laurelle., the name of the nobleman's daughter is spoken but it does not shake her. She trembles like a leaf desperately clinging to a branch. A man adorning snow white armor barges through the door, and he does not think twice. The pull of the trigger to his blaster, and the last line of the noble family crumples lifelessly to the wood-stained flooring. A blind light washes and swirls into her vision. Her falling breaths reaching her ears. A heart beat slows and stills. Death. Eyes of amber land onto the stormtrooper, and a swelling storm unleashes. A retched scream ripples from out of her, and the wardrobe casted off to the side wobbles. A groan rumbles from the furnishing, only to tip over and crush the trooper underneath. As the wardrobe has fallen, an obsidian robed figure stands at the frame of the door. They tip their head ever so slightly to the side, and with a silk-smooth tone, they speak to their subordinates clad in the distinct white armor. "Take her back to the shuttle. I want her alive."

Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

AS Afflatus 31 Activity

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:33 am

(I actually do have a ‘mix’ on YouTube on my other iPad now, so will close my eyes and pick a song from there tomorrow for second character)

First character
(based off You are the love of my life by Michael W Smith)
I am Amazed when I look at you
Name
Micah Black
Gender and pronouns
male, he/him and she/her
Orientation
bisexual
Species
human

Abilities
running fast, quick learner, book smart, great with dogs, great swimmer, tree climber
Weapons?
nope, but he has dogs
Looks
Micah has shoulder length raven black hair and beautifully gray eyes. He has fair skin, and some freckling on his shoulders. He usually wears a clip in his hair to keep it out of his eyes, which is super cute. His hair is a bit wavy, from like the middle down to the ends/tips. He wears glasses, blue framed, and has a plethora of shirts, mostly blues and grays with some white and black ones thrown in, plus two purple shirts because it’s Naya’s favorite color. He has jeans, formal pants, sweatpants, and pajama pants to go with his pajama tops. He usually wears tennis shoes, but has boots and sandals too.

Personality traits
+Loving, gentle, trustworthy, friendly, playful, loves animals and kids
-Nervous, anxious, pretty shy, socially awkward a lot...
History snippet(s)
*Was born to Trent and Mika, a healthy bouncing baby boy weighing 7 lbs.
*Grew up happy and healthy, well educated, with a family cat named Tori.
*Was gifted a brown and white husky mix puppy, Kunai, at 12. This is where his love of huskies started.
*Held Terry for the first time when she was a few hours old. He was 14.
*Graduated middle school and went up to high school at 15, continued his education.
*Met Trey at 17, at a football game his friends made him go to. Trey was in the rival school.
*Graduated at 18, got married to Trey six months later. Went on to college 4 years.
*After 3 and 1/2 years of marriage, they adopted 2 year old Naya.
*Adopted Jess and Jasonn four years ago. They are both 6.
*Naya is a healthy, happy 8 year old now, and they both love and dote on her.
Family
dad Trent, mom Mika, sister Terry
husband Trey; daughter Naya
Other
has two beautiful huskies, Jess and Jasonn
My angel in the night, you are my love, the love of my life
**********************************************************************************

Second character
(based off True to Your Heart from Mulan)
Baby I knew it, that you were meant for me
Name:
Chen Liu (first last)
Gender and pronouns:
female, agender (they/them)
Orientation:
Questioning
Species:
human

Abilities:
running, swimming, riding horses, climbing trees, shooting straight/aiming true, calligraphy
Weapons?
bow and arrows
Looks:
Standing 5 foot 6, Chen is a bit taller but not that tall. They weigh in at 120 pounds, and have beautiful tan skin. Their eyes are a lovely deep chocolate, becoming of their skin tone and face. Their hair is shoulder length, raven black, and straight. They take great care when brushing and washing it. They wear lots of grays, black and white, as well as boots or shoes and good pants.

Personality traits:
+loves animals (mostly horses and cats), quick learner, studious, loves water and trees, active and lively
-stubborn, hard headed, doesn’t always listen, despises bees...
History snippet(s):
*was born to Biming and Chun eighteen years ago, 6 pounds.
*Bao was born when Chen was two years of age.
*grew up happy and healthy; entered school at five, technically.
*Saw Bao enter school at five, they were seven then.
*Went to school with Bao all that time.
*Got Bo at 12.
*Started learning archery; got great at it.
*Is in senior year, looking forward to graduating.
Family:
dad Biming, mom Chun, brother Bao
Other:
has a cat, Bo
Be true to your heart; you know it’s gonna lead you straight to me
Deer
Overseer

Character Interview

Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:19 pm

ImageImage
═════════════════════
Character Interview
Based on rp w trophyboys
1. What would you say is your character's theme song?
“My theme song is probably ‘Don’t give up on me’ from Armin van Buuren. I have been working through some shit over the past few years and this song helps me through the hard times. It may not make much sense but it makes me feel good.”

2. If your character was a supernatural creature, what would they be and why? Can you describe what they’d look like?
“I’d like to think I’d be a centaur. To be free to roam the forest with my chestnut horse body and my normal human head. I would probably not be as blond as I am now… I never really heard of blond centaurs. But probably I can make it work. I’d love to be one with nature and roam through it. Yes, it sounds good.”

3. If they were in the Hunger Games, would they survive for long? What would be their weapon of choice?
"I probably won't survive for very long since I am not a fighter. I tend to be more serene and it is hard for me to use violence. Maybe I would survive quite a bit of time if it was mainly on survival skills. I think I'd have those sufficiently. I definitely wouldn't win though, unless I would be really lucky and avoid all traps."

4. What would be your character's totem animal? Why?
“I didn’t know so I took this test online, and it turns out I am a snake. Apparently because I am powerfully connected to the life force and primal energy. Which is somewhat correct, I guess. Hmm, so apparently there are opportunities for healing, change and important transitions manifesting… Interesting.”

5. What kind of a superpower would your character like to have the most? Why?
“If I would choose a power that was just for me, I’d say Earth bending. I love being outside and I love the Earth so that would fit me perfectly. However, for Jacob’s sake I’d say that I rather be bulletproof. It is a lame kind of superpower but it is one that will get me home safely each night. I know Jacob is sometimes worried about that.”

6. It’s the purge. What does your character do? Do they stay inside, or do they go out and break the law?
"I'd stay inside. Normally I would go out in such situations as I am a cop, but I am pretty sure that Jacob wouldn't let me go outside. Understandably so. I am not a person to break the law, I have too much of a conscience for that. So I would stay inside and probably read a good book. That sounds a lot better to me anyways."

7. Did they grow up nurtured or neglected? How has this affected them in adulthood?
"I grew up more nurtured than neglected. My parents were always supportive of me and my friends always had my back as well. I'm not sure how this has affected me. Perhaps I care too much about the opinion and involvement of the people around me as a result. I always had people around me to help and therefore I value their opinions. I wouldn't really do anything big without telling anyone. Not that I can't make my own decisions, I definitely can. But perhaps I'm more influenced by the people around me as I'd like to admit."

8. If they could only save one thing from a burning building, what would it be? Why?
“I’d save my small tin full of dearest memories. It is probably a cheesy things but I have a few items and pictures that are very dear to me. I keep them in a special tin so all of them are close at the same time. I wouldn’t risk my life for it, though. I’d risk my life to get Jacob outside if he were to be in. Jacob will always be my priority.”

9. What do they think is the worst thing that can be done to a person?
“The worst thing that can be done to a person is obviously murder. But that is the cop side of me saying. If we are talking on a more personal level, it is different. The worst thing that can be done to a person is to let them fall in love with a lie. To let them think that their other half is fitting perfectly but they turn out to have a double agenda. You find out that everything was a lie and find yourself a fool for never noticing as after you find out, everything seems to fall into place and it is all so obvious. It makes a person doubt about themselves, lose themselves. It is a terrible thing to go through and it can be very damaging to a person. Trust me, I’ve been there… Or maybe I still am…”

10. What is their greatest regret?
“My greatest regret is probably moving on from Aleks without actually telling him. It still feels like a dick move to me but it is too late. I can’t turn back the time. I should have manned up back then and told him that there was someone else. And that it was serious and also that it meant I would be cutting back my visitor hours.”

11. What is their perception of redemption?
“It really depends on what is in need of being redempt. Sometimes it is enough to just have someone accept your apology. Other times you can only feel like you have redeemed yourself if you did something. I try to serve the community each and every day to make it a better place. It is not like I have much to redempt, but being a cop does give my life more meaning.”

12. What would they ask a fortune teller?
"I don't really believe in fortune tellers and those kind of things so I wouldn't be sure what to ask. Probably it would be a career related question. Now that I think of it... I would probably ask what my future within the NYPD will be. I'd love to slowly climb up the chain. I wish to be Commander one day."

13. Someone has wronged your character. Do they respond with forgiveness or revenge?
“I am a rather forgiving individual. It is rare for me to get an actual revenge. I will be angry if you wrong me at first, probably upset as well. But if time passes and you can talk to me like an adult it will be hard for me to not grant you forgiveness. I am cautious about granting forgiveness, however. I have found myself betrayed a bit too often for my liking.”

14. What, if anything, makes your character feel insecure?
“Nowadays I feel really insecure if I catch my fiancé being secretive. Ever since the whole fiasco with Aleks where he turned out to live a double life he wasn’t telling me about, I can get really insecure if I catch Jacob being all secretive on his phone. It is an issue of mine and I am trying to work on it, but it is simply hard for me.”

15. Does your character see themselves as the victim?
“No, I never see myself as the victim. I’m a cop, and I am there to help out the real victims. I am often busy trying to catch the actual bad guys so I never really pretend to be a victim if it comes to the petty things in life. I am assuming that that is what you meant with the question, right? I always try to keep myself together.”

gold
Attendant

♤ member interview - will pretty it up

Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:15 am

What are your bad habits? god, where to even start. uhh, i procrastinate a lot, i tend to lie to make things easier and sort of... save people from the truth, and i start too many things and never finish them (instead i start even more things until there's too much stuff to do and i shut down)
Do you like big crowds of people? not particularly, though i used to hate them a lot more than i do now
Do you think age matters in a relationship? Why/Why not? i think it does when one person is under/around eighteen and the other is older, because there's a certain... power imbalance, so to say, when the age gap between the people is significant, not to mention it can get pretty illegal and it's just, yikes. i don't, however, mind it as much if the people are in their thirties or fourties and there's an age gap; they're grown adults at that point
What are you paranoid about? that i'll fuck up every good relationship i ever had and be left alone with these shitty demons hanging from my neck
Do you believe in luck and miracles? not really, but i do believe in coincidences; just... things that happen to be there and happen to be just the thing you need
Are you easy to get along with? i've been told i am, and i've got plenty of reasons to believe it, but uh, i don't know chief, the demons say otherwise
What do other people find outstanding about you? i guess my passion?
Trip to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean? outer space, because i'm genuinely terrified of finding out what's at the bottom of the ocean. and space just interests me a lot more in general so
What is your secret/most important wish? to just... not fuck up more than i already did and hurt people more than i've already hurt them
Do you have a vice that you hate having? i uh, genuinely don't know what vice to put down because i'm pretty okay with all of the ones i have so
What is your favorite rp genre? fantasy and like, modern settings? give me supernatural creatures hiding among humans in a huge modern city and i'll be the happiest bean on earth
What is your least favorite rp genre? i'm not too fond of rps that focus solely on romance, especially smut? i can't, for the life of me, write smut (though i did try and still am), and if it's the main focus, my muse will just head out and disappear
How did you get started with role-playing? cs, actually. was a tiny thief, saw a fantasy rp, made the most mary sue elf bitch my eleven year old head could make, and went for it. i think the rp lasted for like a year before the group kind of just died. i was dragged into a zombie rp afterwards, and a girl in the group sent me here once cs became a child-friendly hellhole
What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet? i've been craving a destiny rp for a while now because i adore the universe and i adore my dumb hunter boy and just, ah, i'd kill for one tbh, but oof, rip my muse and my activity
From your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started? reading a whole bunch. just, read and read, and when you're done with reading, read some more. it doesn't matter what, either, it can be self-indulgent fanfics or old-ass poetry, and try your hand at anything. don't think it's good? well, you have a keyboard and some ideas, and that's all that really matters
Kami
Silver Belt
House: Sagacitas

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:53 pm

------- ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴ ᴇᴄʜᴏ, ------------------------------------
-------------------------------- ᴏғ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ -------
  • What are your bad habits? Oh, I've got tons. I'm a horrible procrastinator and I like to do important things at the very last minute (e.g. write entries for events, study for tests, etc.). I also tend to do something that is known as habitual/compulsive lying where I tend to hide the truth from myself or other people for a wide variety of different reasons. Some of my bad habits revolve around my social anxiety - I love picking at the skin on my lips and raking my nails across my forearms as a way to calm my head or just to busy my hands. I, too, tend to eat more if I'm stressed and blow up in someone else's face when my weight starts climbing up/refuses to come down. Oh, I also suck at finishing my existing projects before starting new ones. :)
    Do you like big crowds of people? A few years ago, I would have immediately said that I absolutely loathe being stuck in a crowd. Nowadays, it is a bit easier to manage being surrounded by other people, but it can still make me feel anxious. I need a friend to help me and then it's much better.
    Do you think age matters in a relationship? Why/Why not? I'm probably one of the worst people to ask about this because it'll take me less than a little second before I'll begin dissecting this question from a legal standpoint. Okay, so let's begin from the obvious answer; yes, I think that age is important in all relationships. Especially if one side is below the age of consent (e.g. below 16 y.o.). While I do believe that teenagers can make smart decisions, from a legal standpoint, if a relationship turns sexual, it's going to be problematic. Now, once that is out of the picture, I don't really have much against age gaps when it comes to relationships (hell, I've had some of my own with a 2-3 year gap), but anything that toes around the "sugar daddy/mommy" territory? It's disgusting. And while I do love my age gaps in roleplaying, seeing things like 15+ years of difference in real life just makes me gag.
    What are you paranoid about? After some of the stuff which happened in the last few months? Having my paper being flagged as plagiarised, even if I wrote all of it by myself and references appropriately. It's been lurking in the back of my head ever since my supervisor decided to make that comment and it's one of the biggest things that give me anxiety as the date of my defence approaches. It's a scary thing, given the dire consequences.
    Do you believe in luck and miracles? Not really. Although, this doesn't stop me from sharing "magical papayas" and other stupid things on Facebook or tumblr before important exams. Like, I don't really believe in luck or that it can be influenced by doing rituals or other things but I do agree that some of the people I know are luckier than others. I guess the most truthful answer would be, that out of all of these, I mostly tend to believe in karma.
    Are you easy to get along with? I guess so? I mean, most of my RP partners are pretty content with how I behave and I have never received complaints about my attitude while I was on staff, so I guess I'm pretty much just a basic user, who came to AS to have some fun and write. What a shocker, right? Though my friends do tell that I'm a very blunt and straightforward person; oddly enough, they were very happy that I can call them out, haha.
    What do other people find outstanding about you? Honestly? I have no idea. I guess the bluntness and lack of fear when it comes to standing up for what I believe in. Even if it's going to backfire on me 99% of the time, if it means keeping my friends safe and happy, you can count on me to do all of the nasty work. Of course, as natural as it is, I don't do it for just about anyone; the people I'll stand up for have to earn my trust and friendship.
    Trip to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean? Bottom of the ocean. It sounds absolutely terrifying, but I've always been enamoured with the deep blue seas and everything you can find at the bottom. Of course, seeing the The Meg didn't help this addiction all that much. I want to see sharks.
    What is your secret/most important wish? Well, if I just wrote it out here, then it wouldn't be a secret wish anymore, right? But, nevertheless, I just want to die without having any regrets. To let all of my past grudges be solved and leave this world feeling like I mattered. That's all that I really want.
    Do you have a vice that you hate having? Not sure? Like, I've grown rather accustomed to having my bad habits and other things which make me into the horrible asshole that I am. I guess I'd like being able to start working on important things earlier than I usually do and actually dedicate my time as well as focus on finishing one thing and then starting a new one. But I don't really hate these parts of me, honestly. I wouldn't call them 'vices'.
    What is your favourite RP genre? I am not even sure myself at the moment. I know, that my favourite setting is a mixture of two genres - historical and fantasy. I'm not really against writing other things, but I'll always agree to either of these two (as long as my History knowledge is accurate enough for a roleplay) or a mix of them. Like, if someone PMed me asking about writing in these settings, they'd get a positive answer 99% of the time.
    What is your least favourite RP genre? It's not really a genre, but I can't stand roleplays with rushed romance or anything that focuses solely on how a pair of characters get together. It's boring, it feels unrealistic and it just makes me feel like replying is more of a chore than something fun.
    How did you get started with role-playing? I got roped into it on CS, much like 75% of AS. But after that website went to an absolute hellhole with the staff being dickwads and there being absolutely no literacy as far as the eye could see, a fellow user brought me to AS in 2013. I have no memories of my first RP over on CS and I can't go check because I cheated the system and got my old account permanently locked for myself, so... yeah.
    What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet? Oof, anything that is centred around my favourite game (Lineage II). The sad reality is that I've found one user who has played the game on AS and while we had talked about making a RP of that, we never got around to actually doing it. Which made me quite depressed at first, but I realised I can just write a book about my dear character in the game, too.
    From your experience, do you have any advice for other role-players that are just getting started? Don't be afraid of reaching out to people. If you want more partners and feel like you'd make a good fit with someone, go ahead and PM them. If I had been afraid to message people, I would've never met or come back into contact with my best friends on here. And don't worry about being "perfect"; everyone has to start off somewhere. Read and write as much as you can if you want to get better, but just focus on having fun. Role-playing should be a fun thing, not some chore that you hate.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Issue Thirty-One : member interview

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:17 am

1. What are your bad habits?

I bite my lower lip, and only more often when it's already peeling from the wrath of winter. I work too much and I fall asleep while I'm writing. The last makes getting out coheisve replies difficult.

2. Do you like big crowds of people?

If I'm not a focus of attention and can be a cozy wall flower I don't mind them at all.

3. Do you think age matters in a relationship? Why/Why not?

Age is not the most important thing but a big gap can cause barriers in understanding and communication. If communication is not impaired, and you can be comfortable with that gap aside, then have at it. Happiness is what is most important.

4. What are you paranoid about?

At one point it was cameras. All cameras. Sevalence, still, personal just all of them now I don't care so much but I still get a little uncomfortable with being recorded even audio. Prob why I never take selfies Haha.

5. Do you believe in luck and miracles?

I guess ? But I also believe luck can be manipulated and reinterpreted. An event that brings bad luck to one can also bring good luck to the same individual or another. So luck is simply part of a greater balance while something considered miraculous is more of a interpretation of events that maybe another explanation is not available for. Basicly the same premise that modern devices would be magic to someone from a century (or even less) in the past.

6. Are you easy to get along with?

Most people seem to think so? I can be philosophical but I'm not blatantly argumentative nor am I unwilling to accept anothers view. I like getting to see new ways of looking at things.

7. What do other people find outstanding about you?

I honestly have no idea. I hope that it comes from me being honest about who I am but I've certainly never asked that of a friend or colleague nor has such a compliment been levied that I grasped. I mean I can be oblivious at times.

8. Trip to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean?

Why always one or the other? My ears would hate both but maybe space would be the better of the two for me? Micro gravity would be much easier on my achy joints and probably my muscles too. That and water sounds make me sleepy so no matter how neat everything was underwater I'd just doze. Yeah, space. Who needs bone density anyway?

9. What is your secret/most important wish?

Hell with it I'm just going to ay what I've been for like thirty years now. I want a dog of my own! (And a clean house) I also want to dabble in real estate so if anyone would like to give me about a $100, 000 or a winning lotto ticket I can start on that now.

10. Do you have a vice that you hate having?

I'm gonna say no? I don't drink, smoke, or even take the pain meds I really should be to begin with and even those are all weak and mostly over the counter stuff.

11. What is your favorite rp genre?

I have been working mostly in fantasy settings but I do quite enjoy just simple life drama stuff too. I know many find it boring but life can truly be stranger than fiction.

12. What is your least favorite rp genre?

I'm honestly not sure I have one? I like to try new things as long as I have a understanding of what the rules for the setting are. So I avoided most cannon settings I don't feel I know enough about.

13. How did you get started with role-playing?

I needed something to do with my time and I always had little stories bubbling around in my brain.

14. What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet?

Gods there is probably a list several miles long of shelved ideas. I remember I once wanted to do one based on a xenoblade game. Chronicles I think? I wouldn't even know where to start with that now! Well a few hours of YouTube videos might help but ...

15. From your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started? 

Dont be afraid to give your characters everything real people have. Kinks, phobias, history , dreams, and flaws. History is not always sad. Phobias can have funny stories as could kinks. I find when we first start out we all tend to go eaither hard on the doom and gloom or too far into the realm of happy and perfect. No person fall all in one category so neither should one character. Don't be afraid to research phobias, medical issues etc you want to use either. If it's not something you have had first hand experiance with try to find some brave souls who have spoken publicly about their experiances. Same can be applied to other aspects of the character and how they present themselves in the world. They might think their into a specific kink but actually don't know what their getting into. Fine but you should have at least some idea before dropping the character into that and should probably plan out that scene somewhat in advance with your partner Haha.

I'm glad that was the last question because I rambled too much and could probably go on and on and on and .. (this is why I have a few characters that talk way too much!)
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Issue Thirty-One : character interview: Kai Landon

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 am

1. What would you say is your character's theme song?

Werewolves of London. It was literally the original inspiration for the character.

2. If your character was a supernatural creature, what would they be and why? Can you describe what they’d look like?

He is already a werewolf but yeah. Skinny freckled ginger kid with a Chinese menu in his hand roaming around Soho trying to find the place. Older version would have a black leather motorcycle jacket and a few less freckles.

3. If they were in the Hunger Games, would they survive for long? What would be their weapon of choice?

Young Landon would not gave survived all that long. His main tactics would have been running and hiding. Limited to human tools fire would have been his best choice. He would not have starved but he easily could have been murdered over a meal. Kid can cook from nothing.

4. What would be your character's totem animal? Why?

I'll keep to the obvious. Werewolf would probably have a world totem.

5. What kind of a superpower would your character like to have the most? Why?

Invisibility at will. Tactical advantage in hunting and in being hunted.

6. It’s the purge. What does your character do? Do they stay inside, or do they go out and break the law?

Both younger and older versions would stay in if given the choice. Older Landon has already seen enough unnecessary violence and younger would simply be too afraid.

7. Did they grow up nurtured or neglected? How has this affected them in adulthood?

His mother was largely neglectful of him but also managed to be over protective in her own way. She kept him secluded and taught him to be afraid of everyone because they would in turn fear and hate him. She left him for long periods of time and one day just didn't bother returning at all. Being born a social creature this alone was enough to give him trust and abandonment issues. He clung to the first group that offered him a sence of belonging.

8. If they could only save one thing from a burning building, what would it be? Why?

Barring any sort of important papers as much of his clothing as he could. Espicily shoes and pants. He is forever running short on both.

9. What do they think is the worst thing that can be done to a person?

Young Landon feared most a painful embaressing death but older Landon fears most loosing his mate and the life he has struggled to make.

10. What is their greatest regret?

Those that were lost in the war. So many innocent lives on both sides and then the lives of those caught in the middle of it all.

11. What is their perception of redemption?

Earning trust and acceptance within the community he first feared then helped to terrorize.

12. What would they ask a fortune teller?

Is she really gone, properly and forever, gone?

13. Someone has wronged your character. Do they respond with forgiveness or revenge?

It would depend most on circumstance. He would think on revenge either way but may just choose the path of forgiveness in time.

14. What, if anything, makes your character feel insecure?

A near fatal wound that he thought was going to permanently cripple him at the end of the war. He also found himself being healed by those he had thought were his enemies was one of the lowest points in his life.

15. Does your character see themselves as the victim?

He fights against that depiction. He hates looking weak before others especially lose who were once enemies. However he has accepted that in many ways he was just another one of River's victims as she controlled and manipulated him just as she had everyone else.
Starwalker123
Yellow Belt

member interveiw

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:33 am

1. What are your bad habits? Chewing my nails, picking my skin
2. Do you like big crowds of people? Depends on the day
3. Do you think age matters in a relationship? Why/Why not? Yes but only in terms of legality. It matters because people can end up in jail.
4. What are you paranoid about? Lossing my friends and my girlfriend
5. Do you believe in luck and miracles? Yes for sure,i have seem it first hand
6. Are you easy to get along with? I think so but I might not be
7. What do other people find outstanding about you?My personality
8. Trip to outer space or to the bottom of the ocean? Space., because im afraid of the water
9. What is your secret/most important wish? My one wish is gettinh to marry my wife and have a life with her
10. Do you have a vice that you hate having? See the habits
11. What is your favorite rp genre? Animals and People
12. What is your least favorite rp genre? Smut
13. How did you get started with role-playing? On a site called club pony pals and I've been around ever since
14. What is a roleplay that you have wanted to try but did not get the chance to do yet? Family, anything with big world building
15. From your experience, do you have any advice for other roleplayers that are just getting started? Talk to you parteners and let them know whats going on if you can't post or don't have muse talk to them
Kami
Silver Belt

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #1

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:26 pm

──────────────────────────────────────
    Based on this amazing roleplay with the loveliest teddy

"Survival was my only hope, success my only revenge." -- Patricia Cornwell

What would you say is your character's theme song? Well, I guess the best fit for Adrien at this point in time would be Tied Down by Jaymes Young; it is the song I've used for his detailed reference sheet and I usually pick the lyrics which seem to describe and fit my character the best. Honestly, I think this song is meant to kind of represent the hidden possessive side of him, which is rarely ever seen by outsiders. There's also a small bit of cynicism in his view of their society, which is well-represented by the song's main verses. Perhaps, when I start developing him a bit more, there will be a new song to add to this answer, but for now, Tied Down works well to describe a part of Adrien pretty well. I'm proud of past-Kami for picking it, really.
    If your character was a supernatural creature, what would they be and why? Can you describe what they’d look like? In all honesty, when I look at him, I get nothing apart from some vampire/werewolf vibes. He's a simple man and a basic supernatural creature could fit him well. Now, I'm not really sure which one would fit better, but I have a tingling feeling that he'd make a better werewolf. Mainly because I associate werewolves with equality, order as well as justice. Vampires usually remind of chaos and rebellion. Appearance-wise, I imagine a bipedal werewolf with black fur and dim brown eyes. He would be on the taller side and his left eye would be glazed over due to blindness. Honestly, he wouldn't stand out of the crowd/pack too much.
    If they were in the Hunger Games, would they survive for long? What would be their weapon of choice? Did people have guns in this universe? If those were a thing, then he'd definitely user a hunting rifle or something similar. If not, I imagine Adrien preferring melee weapons and being rather mediocre with a bow. Survival-wise, I'd like to think that he'd survive for at least half of the whole event, but I doubt he'd end up victorious. He'd probably meet his doom quite close to the finish line, e.g. duelling with the last remaining tribute, escaping some mutated animals or succumbing to his injuries.
    What would be your character's totem animal? Why? Well, the first quiz which I found and took while pretending to be Adrien told me that his totem (or spirit) animal is a snake. Apparently, having this creature as a totem is meant to represent healing, transformation or life changes, and a connection to life force and primal energy. Given the setting that he's currently in, I can imagine a lot of changes came together with the apocalypse itself.
    What kind of a superpower would your character like to have the most? Why? Telepathy. Definitely that. I lowkey imagine, that Adrien would it to be an invaluable asset in his line of work; knowing when people are lying to him in order to make their cases more difficult to solve, etc. Despite appearing as a very tranquil and even sluggish young man, Adrien likes to know a lot of details about other people, especially when they are talking with him about a plethora of wrongdoings they have experienced. During situations like these, it would make his job undeniably easier to know the real truth.
    It’s the purge. What does your character do? Do they stay inside, or do they go out and break the law? He'd be the person to stay inside and make sure to get as many people as he could into his house and keep them safe until this purge was over. I don't think Adrien would ever go against the law, even if committing crimes was made absolutely legal for one night; that's not how lawyers work. He'd respect the event, but wouldn't participate.
    Did they grow up nurtured or neglected? How has this affected them in adulthood? He was loved and supported by his family. Grew up surrounded by people who only wanted the best for him and taught Adrien kindness and compassion; in a way, his desires to become a lawyer and help those in need were partially fuelled by his family and the lessons about selflessness and gratitude that they taught him. And, while they never really showed him how to appear approachable and easy-going to other people, it ended up being useful to him, anyway, as people respect quiet people a bit more.
    If they could only save one thing from a burning building, what would it be? Why? Well, since we're talking about things and, given that he doesn't have many personal belongings anymore, I believe that Adrien would do his best to save something meaningful that he had, e.g. a photo of his family or just some other thing that reminded him of home if it was small enough to safely stash in his backpack or pockets; a necklace or something.
    What do they think is the worst thing that can be done to a person? Torture, the genocide of a whole race, forced sexual relations, etc. Anything that is severe enough to be classified as a violation of international laws and basic human rights. So, I guess, doing anything against a person's will if it is not done in that person's interest. Adrien is a simple man when it comes to such questions; if it's against the law, he isn't going to support it. But seeing as the law doesn't really matter, he'd probably say that being left alone in a world full of the infected is the worst thing to happen to anyone.
    What is their greatest regret? Not being able to get in contact with his family before leaving for Georgia. Adrien left suddenly to go to a conference and missed one of his weekly Skype calls with his parents and younger sisters, which he still regrets deeply. He doesn't know anything about their survival, but deep inside, Adrien hopes that they made it out alive and are either still living safely in Europe or have moved away from the infection.
    What is their perception of redemption? Despite being a district attorney, Adrien believes that people can change. Well, most of them. Not everyone is able to abandon their crime-filled lifestyle and not everyone can keep themselves from becoming a villain. Still, he likes to think that humanity isn't truly lost. I guess that it's also the thought that helps him sleep at night; that he won't go to Hell for killing all of the things which were once human.
    What would they ask a fortune-teller? Probably to tell if he will make it out of that apocalypse alive. Adrien has been slowly losing his belief in God and is more prone to listen to Iris' rambling about the mutations, which are easily occurring everywhere around them. He had always tried believing in both science and religion equally but, given that his God is nowhere to be seen, he's beginning to accept that faith isn't going to help with everything. He has never really believed in fortune, but in a situation like his, Adrien is prepared to even try to listen to a fortune-teller's odd wisdom and advice.
    Someone has wronged your character. Do they respond with forgiveness or revenge? Forgiveness, more or less. Adrien isn't the one to hold a grudge and he deems it to be a waste of time and effort to go after people for making mistakes or wronging him on accident. It just isn't worth it.
    What, if anything, makes your character feel insecure? His sexuality, I believe? Coming from a Christian family, no matter how supportive, he was truly taught to believe that a man is supposed to bed a woman and no one else. And while he himself didn't really feel any attraction to the fairer sex, he has been in denial ever since joining the army and serving for a short amount of time; yet, this experience has also made him realise that he's anything but straight. And while it has gotten better with time, it still isn't a subject that Adrien is willing to talk about openly. In a way, it's his little secret.
    Does your character see themselves as the victim? Of the apocalypse? Of course. He wasn't even supposed to be in Georgia, but fate had brought him to the very epicentre of the infection and now he's forced to team up with a fairly odd bunch and shoot his way through this overrun state. Even though Adrien doesn't ask for pity or anything, sometimes he does think that it'd be much easier to either be infected or just die before he turned.