AS Afflatus: Issue Thirty-Two

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

anhedonia
Attendant
House: Halcyon

otp interview #1 - jenella & jenassa

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Image Image. Image .Image Image

jenella & jenassa, because i'm a self-indulgent hoe and i love my murder wives
1. It’s Valentine's day! Which character makes a thoughtful gift, and which character goes to the local supermarket to buy bargain flowers? the elder scrolls equivalent to valentine's day is heart's day, if i remember correctly, but honestly? neither of them would really gift each other anything. not because they don't care for each other, they just don't care for the idea that you have to give a gift to your beloved on one specific day because a tradition says so. that being said, if they gave each other heart's day gifts, both would put some thought into it.

2. What is the only thing that could come between your character's relationship/friendship? What would be the effect of this? there isn't much i can think of, really. jenella definitely wouldn't stick around if the relationship got overly controlling and constricting, or if jenassa started to push really hard for marriage. it's why she left her parents and her home, after all. thankfully, jenassa isn't the type to try and exert control over her like that, nor is she particularly desperate to get married and settle down. hmm... jenassa is also not quite fond of the (stuck up) upper class, especially those who take advantage of the lower class and force them into stuff like cheap labour, so i can see that getting in the way if jenella ever showed signs of turning into someone like that - rich, arrogant and entirely indifferent to anything but their own needs and wants.

3. If you were to compare your characters to a famous duo, who would you choose and why? ngl, they give me strong bonnie and clyde vibes. criminals in love, what more do i have to say?

4. Who throws out the low blow in the argument, and who sticks to the facts? both of them can throw out - and have thrown out - low blows in arguments before. in general, jenella may be a bit quicker to go for a low blow since she has the quicker temper and explosive anger when she feels unfairly criticized/attacked, whereas jenassa may get more "vicious", but still overall relies on the facts more heavily to back her up.

5. Do they have a ‘song’? What is it, and why? i heavily associate eyelids by saro with them. to me, a darker song speaking of the imperfect love between two people who both have their own issues, their own demons and their own darkness. a song of two people who know they aren't "good" people, but who still want to be with each other, despite the difficulties. a song of duality.

6. How did they first meet? If they could change it, would they? jenella likes to joke that it was fate that led her to enter the tavern jenassa used to hang out in while waiting for an employer, but really, she just wanted a warm place to stay in to eat, drink, and pick up some local gossip. jenassa ended up being the most intriguing person there, they struck up a conversation over some mead, and jenella ultimately decided to hire jenassa and have her come along for a few small, personal adventures, during which they ultimately bonded.

7. Who would break up with the other? Why? i can't really see either of them break up with the other, unless something really major happened. and, in the case of something big happening, it clearly would depend on the situation. jenella fucked up big time? jenassa might leave her. jenassa screws up big time? jenella is the one leaving her.

8. Which of the pair is the quickest to judge others? hm, i'm not entirely sure, to be completely honest? first instinct was to say jenella, then jenassa... i feel like both are at least a bit judgmental in their own way? not majorly so, and i wouldn't necessarily say either of them are particularly quick to judge others in the first place. i think i'll actually have to settle on jenassa to be slightly quicker to judge now, mainly because she's a tiny bit warier and more suspicious of others, so it's also a bit easier for her to assume things about others and form her opinions based on those assumptions.

9. Is their relationship healthy? Why/why not? as healthy as a relationship that started over their shared murder-based occupation can be! as messed up as that sounds though, yes, their relationship is quite healthy. they trust each other, they are comfortable around each other, they are able to understand and support each other... so even though both of them aren't necessarily good people in the eye of the public, they're definitely good for each other.

10. Can you see them growing old together? Or will their love fizzle out? staying with each other for as long as they're alive? i can definitely see that. growing old together? eh, possibly. both of them live rather dangerous lives, both of them have a lot of enemies and with jenella being a dark brotherhood assassin and jenassa a mercenary (or, if we go with my AU where she also ended up joining the DB after ella and her became a serious thing, an assassin as well), both of them are aware that growing old together is something they can't be sure will happen.

11. Do they trust one another? Why/why not? yes. both of them are not very trusting people by nature, but they'd trust each other with their life. jenassa is a bit more on the suspicious side, so at times it may seem like she doesn't wholly trust jenella, but any budding doubts she has usually die out quickly.

12. Is their relationship faultless? Why/why not? show me one "faultless" relationship, and i'll give you my soul. both of them are flawed people in their own way, so of course their relationship is also flawed in its own, unique way, and that's perfectly fine.

13. Do they have a regular ‘date’ they’ll do, like watch a TV show or go to the movies? hm, no, not really! both of them travel a lot and don't really go on typical dates all too often, since they're usually with each other anyway. it's usually jenella who ends up suggesting they go to a tavern/inn to get a nice dinner and a drink, or visit one of the big cities for an impromptu shopping trip, and jenassa usually shrugs and goes along with it, but they aren't really regular date activities for either of them.

14. Do they fight? Often? both of them are quite headstrong, independent individuals who speak their mind and stand by their own convictions fiercely, so of course they're bound to butt heads now and again. though, surprisingly enough, they don't have a lot of big fights. they're on the same page about a lot of things and respect each other as individuals with their own perceptions and thoughts about things, so really bad fights are very, very rare and usually reserved for times where they're both high-strung and stressed.

15. Are they a ‘soft’ couple or not? What is their relationship like? they aren't soft in the public eye. around others, they're a pair of bad bitches TM. around each other, when they're on their own, they are warmer, relaxed, more open and affectionate, but not in the super mushy way. neither of them are romantics in the typical sense, neither of them feel the need to constantly dote over each other with an endless stream of "i love you"'s and compliments and kisses and whatnot, but they're definitely softer when around each other.
eddie bear
Black Belt

Member Interview

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:13 pm

• 1. What are you currently reading? Thoughts so far? i'm currently not reading anything because I don't really read anymore. i'm currently watching sex education though and am loving it. I just started season 2!
      2.What did you want to be growing up? Are you doing that now? Why/Why not? I wanted to be a various number of things, equine masseuse, vet, psychologist, ABA therapist but never pursued them because they simply weren't for me. that and I hated school and didn't want to have to do so many more years of it. I found office administration and it's perfect for me. I am happy with my career and ironically ended up following my nanny's footsteps, which is pretty cool.
      3. You discovered a magic lamp and summoned a genie. What are your three wishes (unlimited wishes do not count)? to no longer be disabled/in pain, to be comfortably wealthy, and to get to see my nanny one last time.
      4. What is your favourite movie? Write a sentence review! that's like asking a mother what her favorite child is lol. but i'm gonna have to go with, to no surprise, guardians of the galaxy. in a short review, it's epically hilarious and even if you don't like superhero movies, you'll love this one.
      5. What are your hobbies? writing, video editing, watching movies/shows. used to be riding but I can't do that anymore. I guess dog training stuff is kind of a hobby but not really haha.
      6. What’s your favourite memory from the past month? in january, I would say my little cousin's birthday party. because I also love spending time with my family. and starting my reddie rp with tam. I love making new friends on AS and writing awesome things with them!
      7. What are you looking forward to in the next month? for february, I would say hopefully getting things situated with ollie and my health. we'll see if it happens, but i'm hopeful.
      8. What’s a song that will get you through a rough day? Why does it help? honestly so many. sometimes I like to listen to a song that makes me cry so I can let it out, or a happy feel good song, or some lizzo because she's amazing. but definitely i can't help falling in love with you by daniel o'donnell because my nanny loved that singer and it makes me feel like she's right with me when I listen to it.
      9. Are there any challenges approaching you in the next few weeks? How are you going to tackle them? probably just general life stuff. money, being disabled, service dog training. i'll just tackle things one thing at a time.
      10. What’s your current favourite colour? Has it changed? purple. it has been forever.
      11. Do you have any plans for valentines day? my roomie kaylie and I are planning to go for ice cream since we are single lol
      12. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they? If not, do you want any? I have one which is a semi colon butterfly and means a lot to me. I have a longgg list of tattoos I want to get though, just want to pay off some debt first.
      13. If you could pick any animal as a giant companion, what would you choose? Why? I mean, I basically have ollie as my companion now lol. but probably a horse because that would just be so fucking awesome. and I love horses and miss being around them. my allergies might make that difficult haha but I can work around it.
      14. What’s your favourite Pokemon? If you don’t have one, try find one you think is cool! i like the ninetales, but I don't pay much attention to pokemon. it's not really my thing and wasn't part of my childhood.
      15. What TV show are you watching currently? sex education! and then tam and autumn are sucking me into watching stranger things so im pretty hype. it's nice to get back into watching tv shows since its been such a long time.
    • " WE'RE LOSERS, AND
      WE ALWAYS WILL BE."

"follow your own path.
      wherever that takes you."

┌─────────────────┐

starmora & reddie enthusiast
      my inbox is always open

└─────────────────┘

"fuck you, bro"nerdtrashmouth
      ───────────────────
eddie bear
Black Belt

OTP Interview

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:44 pm

based on this rp with tonks

1. It’s Valentine's day! Which character makes a thoughtful gift, and which character goes to the local supermarket to buy bargain flowers? considering they're currently live in an apocalyptic world, there isn't much of a supermarket, but I feel like ellie would probably go steal something from storage or get the cooks to make aubrey something special. aubrey would probably try and make something for her, or maybe snag her a new weapon or update her bow for her. mainly they'd just smash but that's not much different than any other day if we're being honest.
      2. What is the only thing that could come between your character's relationship/friendship? What would be the effect of this? the outbreak. and maybe joel cause he can be a dick sometimes. but mainly the fact that they don't really live safe lives could be an issue. the fireflies too because they fucking suck.
      3. If you were to compare your characters to a famous duo, who would you choose and why? clarke and lexa from the 100 uwu
      4. Who throws out the low blow in the argument, and who sticks to the facts? ellie is sassy as hell so I fell she'd be the one to drop the low blows more often, but aubrey is capable of it too. depends on the topic of conversation and what the argument is about.
      5. Do they have a ‘song’? What is it, and why? dude I haven't even thought that far ahead so let's go with "through the valley" because it's a bop.
      6. How did they first meet? If they could change it, would they? go read our roleplay dude it's epic. aubrey was trying to loot through a convenience store because she was starving when some gross guys found her. ellie heard her scream because she happened to be in the same area, and saved her ass. ellie took her back to camp with her and the rest is history.
      7. Who would break up with the other? Why? I don't think they'd ever break up for any reason honestly.
      8. Which of the pair is the quickest to judge others? ellie probably lol. like I said, she's sassy, and she has no qualms about saying or thinking what she wants, which is one thing that aubrey loves about her.
      9. Is their relationship healthy? Why/why not? probably the healthiest relationship either of them had. and if they weren't in the middle of an apocalypse, it would still be considered healthy.
      10. Can you see them growing old together? Or will their love fizzle out? oh they'll die together. I can't necessarily say they'll be old because their life isn't that safe and life spans have shortened, but they'll be together forever - however long that is.
      11. Do they trust one another? Why/why not? definitely. they give each other no reasons not to.
      12. Is their relationship faultless? Why/why not? definitely not, but they make it work and it's generally healthy. no relationship is perfect.
      13. Do they have a regular ‘date’ they’ll do, like watch a TV show or go to the movies? as lame as it sounds like to go hunting together. or go loot and hunt down fireflies. they just like to be out of the compound as much as possible even if its dangerous.
      14. Do they fight? Often? not often, but when they do, it's a pretty big blow up. but nothing that they can't get through.
      15. Are they a ‘soft’ couple or not? What is their relationship like? soft behind closed doors.
howl
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

member interview

Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:39 am

• 1. What are you currently reading? Thoughts so far?
      reading? a book? who has time for that?
      though i am sort of reading a book about the history of neurosurgery and memory research and it's fascinating and like, definitely a lot. but a good read.

2.What did you want to be growing up? Are you doing that now? Why/Why not?
      i had a number of dreams as a kid-- to be a paleontologist, to be a vet, and later, to be a doctor. now i'm on my way to becoming a professor! there's a chance i'll get to work at one of the top natural history museums in the world along my way and that would be a definite dream come true, but we'll see! i'm definitely on my way, whether i get offered a position there, in other labs, or take a year off and apply again in the fall. though if i do that i'm going to try to work at a museum in the meantime because of course i am.

3. You discovered a magic lamp and summoned a genie. What are your three wishes (unlimited wishes do not count)?
      this is a funny one because like, i like working hard and don't just want to get free stuff/negate the worthwhile struggles of people who have come before me? so maybe
      1. the ability to buy a horse and take good care of it. i don't need a ton of money, but i'd love to be able to afford just a horse and to be able to ride a few times a week and take lessons.
      2. safety for lgbt youths. while it is tempting to wish for a complete end to homophobia as we know it, i'd have to think on that one? because just wishing that everyone had good opinions is nice, but the community has a whole has come such a long way that it would feel wrong to just. pretend that never happened and that everyone is good now. but at the same time people deserve to be safe. and like. don't be homophobic people. clearly this one needs more thinking but you get the gist.
      3. protection and well-being for the people i love

4. What is your favourite movie? Write a sentence review!
      god i have so freaking many;;; where do i even start??? i guess i'll go with the last movie i watched that's super awesome, lion king (the original, mind you). an absolute classic of a movie touching on what it means to be part of a world that is bigger than yourself.

5. What are your hobbies?
      again, who has time for hobbies??? uhhh digital art, writing, horse back riding, gaming if by gaming i you mean last of us + hzd + uncharted + pokemon + for some reason right now super mario odyssey like hardcore don't know why, sitting at my laptop for 3 hours doing literally nothing but clicking from page to page, that sort of stuff.

6. What’s your favourite memory from the past month?
      not going to lie, my past month has been rough. i attended the funeral of an extremely good friend, fell incredibly sick, found out a friend from high school passed, have spent the majority of the last 2 weeks in hotel rooms, had a damn near mental breakdown, and all at the same time have been interviewing for graduate schools. honestly my favorite memory is either a) one of my interviews on friday as i met an incredible entomologist who gave me awesome advice and took me to see the museum's pinned insect collection which, when you're me, is really cool, or b) and this is going to sound weird? but after my good friend's visitation, i took two friends of mine out to dinner just to like. get away. make sure they ate because i know they hadn't for days now. make sure they were okay. and just like, be together because there is nothing worse than attending the funeral of a friend. and while it was kind of rough, it was so nice just to sit with friends and be together, to share and to distract ourselves with other things and just try to deal with it all. also shout out to the server at cheddars who saw three college students come in dressed up and basically crying and just brought us alcohol with no questions and let us sit there forever with no pressure, we really needed it.

7. What are you looking forward to in the next month?
      i have one more round of interviews that should be pretty fun (minus flying to california and back in 72 hours) and then i'm going to stay at my parent's house for break. i know just going home for a week doesn't sound like much, but it's just been one of the most hellish like, month of my life in the last month and i could really use just to like, hug my mom and pet my cat for a week.

8. What’s a song that will get you through a rough day? Why does it help?
      i have a few, and they change often. one of my favorites for a rough day is the killers 'be still'. the lyrics go "rise up like the sun,
      labor 'til the work is done" because it's just a reminder that you are strong, that this is work now, but you can do it, that if you reflect and work through it, it will get better.
      another that's been helping me a lot recently is 'goodbye friend' by bowling for soup. they lyrics just hit...close right now. but they've really helped me deal with everything that's happened to me. for a band known mostly for dick jokes, the idea of the song means a lot to me-- goodbye friend, i hope you found the answers you were looking for. i couldn't get that song out of my head when i found out that she was missing. and though she was just missing then, i could feel it in my heart that she was gone. but this song...it reminded me that i could trust her. that she truly believed this would be best for her. and i trust her. and i know how much she struggled with. and she believed it would be best for her.
      and finally, if you know me at all, you know mumford and sons will be on this list. the song is absolutely beautiful and the lyrics speak for themselves: "but if your stife strikes at your sleep remember spring swaps snow for leaves. you'll be happy and wholesome again when the city clears and sun ascends". god i just need this winter to end already, but spring will come.

9. Are there any challenges approaching you in the next few weeks? How are you going to tackle them?
      i have one more interview weekend that will require a lot of preparation and patience but will work out in the end! past that i also need to get some hard work done on my thesis. both will just require hard work and persistence.

10. What’s your current favourite colour? Has it changed?
      blue! and nope, not ever actually.

11. Do you have any plans for valentines day?
      i mean i'm answering this after the fact, but i spent valentines day interviewing on no sleep. it was so much fun to meet a bunch of professors, but it was a really long day. that was about it, nothing for valentines specifically.

12. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they? If not, do you want any?
      not yet, though when things settle down a bit i plan to think/plan a bit more on my first one. i'm still deciding a bit but i'm thinking of getting a scarab beetle, either with wings extended or with the egyptian bird wings. both because i'm an entomology nerd and because the idea of the scarab as portraying by the eyptian stories is meaningful to me-- the god who pushes the sun through the sky, and each night must journey through the darkest places, but each night perseveres, and once again returns to the day, only to face another fight again at night. the idea that when you're in the midst of the darkness, things will get better; and when things are good, the knowledge that things will suck again, and that's okay. the good and the bad are necessary to understand the other, and neither state is permanent. it's okay for things to go bad and it's okay for things to get better. and things will get worse and things will improve and it's okay to accept both.

13. If you could pick any animal as a giant companion, what would you choose? Why?
      probably a bird, maybe a falcon? fly around on a giant bird heck yeah

14. What’s your favourite Pokemon? If you don’t have one, try find one you think is cool!
      my favorite pokemon of all time is grovyle! i swear when i first played through explorers of time i, of course, played a treecko, and was so offended when my favorite pokemon was evil. then so in love when he wasn't. then so angry at dusknoir. if you've played the game you understand.
      others i love are snom, mudsdale, luxray, and like 90% of bug types.

15. What TV show are you watching currently?
      dr oakley yukon vet sort of, because who wouldn't want to watch a badass vet do vet stuff? but even that like occaisionally, and mostly nothing in particular.

Kami
Silver Belt

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:57 pm

• A letter to One/Daniel from Two's/Vanessa's POV (based on this captivating roleplay between me and the lovely trophyboys).
Hidden text.
My dearest jackass,

I'm no romantic. Well, not anymore. But you probably knew this; if I had to name one person, who knows about our stories more than anyone else in the world, it'd be you. I probably should feel more alarmed because of this, but I find no reason to be. As dull or unamusing as this might seem, I never intended to make your ego bigger than it has already grown to be; thus, this letter isn't a declaration of anything. Truth to be told, you could do with some experience in feeling helpless and unneeded.

You're an idiot. There, I've said it. You build walls in order to keep the rest of us away yet, no one else suffers from this except you. No matter how much you try to lie or find new ways of putting a distance between yourself and us, there will come a day when you'll have to admit that we're a family. Perhaps, lonely and not legitimate, built on lies and deceit, created from the grief of others, but we are still a family. And as unfortunate as it is, you belong to this makeshift group of troublemakers, too. Behind your back, we often chuckled about how the mighty One refused to associate with the gang he had created and nurtured to be what it is today. It's disheartening, really. While you don't need a mother to remind you that it's alright to relax every once in a while, most of us believe that you need an actual babysitter. Because you're an idiot.

There's never a day when you're not running around doing stupid things, which might get you killed. Not that it's any different from what the rest of us, but... it unnerves me. In ways that make it difficult to concentrate on the parts I have in my missions; it's not like I grew attached because you came to me first. For a person like me, a youth with a shady past and bad experience with the people close to me, it was kind of special to be sought out like that. But, not extraordinary; we both knew I was good at what I did and that I could be useful to you. However, what pisses me off the most, is that I keep remembering how it felt whenever life becomes a bit too unbearable.

I'm not harbouring any feelings for you. That's not my way and, in these circumstances, that would mean nothing but trouble for both of us. And I'm not the person to create difficulties because of my personal feelings. I'm not as childish as Three is and I like to evaluate the situation before rushing into it like the younglings. And, still, it is rather annoying to find myself looking out for you on the battlefield and making sure you're alright before taking care of myself. It is not like me. I do not look out for anyone apart from myself; that's why you picked me in the first place, isn't it? But it doesn't keep me from doing my job, so I do not find this situation loathable. It might cause trouble for you, though. After all, you have someone you'd like to go back to one day, do you not? I may have accidentally found out some details. Now, whether you would like to know just how much I have uncovered is completely up to you. And, perhaps, we can settle this issue before it grows into something neither of us wants in our life.

Truth is, I don't really hate looking out for you. It kind of puts me at ease to know that you're alright. Even if you're covered in blood or hanging off a ledge. So, I'm passing the ball to you now. Use this information as you will; if anything, you know where to find me. Perhaps, we can both truly find a mutual agreement... Daniel.

If you're pissed off about that last part, I'm eagerly waiting for your revenge,
Vanessa
    • A letter to Elio from Oliver's POV (slightly based on this angst-filled roleplay between me and my beloved, dear trophyboys).
Hidden text.
Elio,

I don't know when you'll find this letter, but I hope you do. By the time you'll be reading this, I'll already be gone. However, I do want to leave something for you; a memory of the weeks we've spent together in the scorching Italian heat. Truthfully, I regret having to return back home. I don't want to leave. Neither Italy nor you.

Everything that happened during this summer is kept inside my mind; I remember even the smallest of details of the time we've spent together. And, no matter what you may be thinking right now, I don't regret a single one of them. I've come to care for you and want to remain next to you, even if it brought nothing apart from unnecessary as well as easily avoidable problems. But, even if you won't believe me, I have to admit that I'd be prepared to sacrifice everything if it meant giving you the world. I do not care for myself and no matter what happens to me, all I care about is your happiness and welfare. You would not want an old man like me to tag around while you are busy enjoying all that the world has to give. And yet, it aches to think that I won't have the possibility to hold you in my arms... who knows, perhaps, not ever again. Long years may go by before either of us is granted the chance to track the other down, but I don't mind waiting. Because, no matter how much it hurts, you are worth it. All of it.

I don't want you to feel like you owe me anything. Even if you decide to forget about this summer, and move on, I won't be angry or disappointed; in fact, a small part of me would even be proud. Most likely. Please, don't think like what we had meant nothing to me; it meant the world. But, I don't want you to spend your best years chasing after an old man, who might not meet all of your expectations in the end. I want you to make your own decisions and never regret them. So, if you're determined to stick by me to the very end, I won't try and stop you. I really do cherish you and the time we've spent together means everything to me. I miss you a lot and I long to hold you in arms once more. Perhaps, it might not happen soon, but I promise to do whatever I can to create the possibility of a reunion. Even if it means abandoning my life in American and just coming back to Italy for good. I've come to love and cherish you; perhaps, more than you can ever imagine. But I don't want to suffocate you with my feelings.

This is why I leave the decision in your hands. My address and ways of contacting me are located down below; if you come to a decision... reach out, please. I'd hate for all of this to end sooner than it could really begin, but I also don't want to pressure you into something regrettable. But think about it. I always think about you. Us.

In the end, I always thought it was much better to speak than to die,
Oliver
Kami
Silver Belt

otp interview | four/billy & five/amelina

Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:00 am

xx
    . OTP INTERVIEW ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ❝ stay strong, stay beautiful, stay you, because i love you. ❞ x billy and amelina lopez.
    x
    based on the best roleplay with teddy and i.
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    xx
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  • xxxIt’s Valentine's day! Which character makes a thoughtful gift, and which character goes to the local supermarket to buy bargain flowers?
    From the very beginning of this story, I've always imagined Amelina being the thoughtful, compassionate and kind person, who'd spend hours on making a Christmas card for someone she barely knows. In this situation, I'd like to think she'd also be the one, who'd go all-out in preparing a thorough and mindful gift for Billy. On the other hand, being exposed to very few traditions of Valentine's Day, he would most likely rush to a nearby store at that very last moment to get some chocolates and a bouquet of flowers (he'd probably end up getting the wrong ones, too). But it's not like he'd do it out of spite or because he loves Amelina not as much but because he has simply never had the need to do something extravagant. Billy didn't really have a steady partner in his thieving past, so all of this rather new to him.
    xxxWhat is the only thing that could come between your character's relationship/friendship? What would be the effect of this?
    There aren't many things, that could come between them. In general, Billy's and Amelina's relationship is very sturdy, however, often being reminded not to grow too close to one another could, in my opinion, put a bit of a wedge into their friendship, as well as their romantic involvement with each other. One's rules are often quite unfair in regards to the other 'ghosts', so it's not really a huge shock that it would also make Billy and Amelina feel somewhat restrained and uncomfortable whenever it comes to openly express their affections. Still, I believe that while the secrecy would definitely make things harder, they would pull through in the end.
    xxxIf you were to compare your characters to a famous duo, who would you choose and why?
    This might be a very stupid example, but I lowkey think they're quite like Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. Both Billy and Amelina are pranksters in their own ways, even though I doubt they'd always remain as unserious as the celebrity couple. But I chose this comparison not just because of the actors' attitudes towards each other but also due to the fact that they just seem genuinely infatuated with one another. And, I believe that it would also be the kind of a relationship that Billy and Amelina would have once the group grew closer and deemed it appropriate to tip-toe around One's rules. But these two are still mostly a pair of two big pranksters.
    xxxWho throws out the low-blow in the argument, and who sticks to the facts?
    It depends on the situation, really. When arguing with each other, I'd imagine that both of them would try their best to stick to the facts and remain as logical as it was possible, unless someone really hit a nerve. And while I can feel that Billy would try to refrain from throwing out low-blows, somehow I get the feeling that Amelina might not be too opposed to playing dirty in order to gain the upper hand; of course, Billy would have to really piss her off for that to happen. Neither of them wishes to seriously hurt or insult the other, but it happens sometimes. But, no matter how rough their argument might be, they always forgive each other in the end.
    xxxDo they have a ‘song’? What is it and why?
    Oof, that's a good question. In the only notes that I have right now, I put down that it'd be Mystery of Love by Sufjan Stevens. I probably wrote that as a joke, but as I keep listening to it, I feel that it somehow fits these two. It's both very sweet and emotional but it has varying undertones of angst and bittersweetness. Maybe it's due to me becoming slightly obsessed with the soundtrack of CMBYN, but I honestly think that this song fits Billy and Amelina a little too well. I also like to think that it would be the song they would dance together to for the very first time (before something more party-like would come up and 'ruin' the mood) and it's nice.
    xxxHow did they first meet? If they could change it, would they?
    They met in the same way as all of the 'ghosts' did; after One sought them out for their exceptional skills, they were quickly introduced to the rest of that group. Even if Billy and Amelina joined one after another, they didn't become close immediately and their relationship developed slowly and with a lot of effort put into not being too suspicious (according to One's standards, at least). I doubt, that either of them would like to change the way they met; Billy doesn't want anyone else to know any details about his life before joining the lot (he already loathes the fact that One knows) and while Amelina would believe that she'd like to meet the 'ghosts' before the whole fiasco with her father, I imagine that she'd quickly realise just how spoiled and stuck-up she used to be under her dad and quickly throw that idea out.
    xxxWho would break up with the other? Why?
    Billy, hands down. But not because he'd grow to dislike their relationship or outright hate Amelina. Despite always acting tough or pretending, that nothing can harm a single hair on his head, Billy is quite the insecure individual. He doesn't want for Amelina to stay with him out of pity and honestly believes she deserves a better as well as a much kinder person to remain by her side. On the other hand, I feel like Amelina would be the more 'clingy' one, who'd try to salvage the relationship before either one of them does something stupid. Of course, I doubt they'd actually break up in the end, but I imagine it'd go something like this if it all did happen.
    xxxWhich of the pair is the quickest to judge others?
    After joining the 'ghosts', I wouldn't say that either of them is very quick to judge other people. Well, perhaps, they still do that on the inside but do not really let their opinions be heard by those they're judging. Though, when it comes to deciding which one of them is more judgmental, I'd say it would be Amelina. However, even if she is very quick to judge people, she tries to keep it to herself and not let them know. On the other hand, Billy is much more eager to voice his mind aloud.
    xxxIs their relationship healthy? Why/Why not?
    It's quite healthy, yeah. They're always there for each other after difficult missions or when one of them is the scapegoat for One's bad plans not working out, thus it's not like they are toxic for one another. Of course, there are times when they will have their arguments about trivial things or serious issues, but that happens to almost every couple in the world. Perhaps, it wasn't such a healthy relationship when they were both still eager to keep up the secrecy and make sure they did not upset One or any of the other 'ghosts' too much, but those times have long since passed and now they're as happy as they can be while pretending to be absolutely dead.
    xxxCan you see them growing old together? Or will their love fizzle out?
    Definitely. Sure, it would only happen if both of them lived long enough to retire from being in One's group and moved away to have a restful life of their own, but if no accidents happened and they both survived the rest of their missions, I actually imagine Billy and Amelina living somewhere warm and full of mountains, perhaps even raising children together if they were to leave the group earlier. And I definitely imagine all of the 'ghosts' coming back together once their older to see how they all have been doing and reminiscence about making the world a better place for others. In short, I definitely do see Billy and Amelina becoming old together.
    xxxDo they trust one another? Why/Why not?
    Absolutely. I guess that at first, it was mostly because they had to rely on each other in order to succeed in their missions. But as the friendships grew deeper and as a lot of the 'ghosts' came to know one another better, that trust morphed into a more genuine one. Nowadays, Billy and Amelina equally don't think twice before letting the other watch out for them, certain their lives are safe when the other is there. They do not really convey their trust in words but use such gestures in order to make sure that the other person actually knows just how much trust is put into their blooming relationship. Perhaps, it's a bit hopeful, but they seem like that to me.
    xxxIs their relationship faultless? Why/Why not?
    No relationship is faultless. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, so it wouldn't be fair to think that Billy and Amelina are somehow an exception to this rule. Even if they try their best, arguments happen every once in a while; sometimes, they end quickly, but there are times when the two don't speak to each other for a few days if it's an especially nasty argument. But they do love each other honestly and dearly, so I guess that it's only natural for them to bicker. No one's perfect.
    xxxDo they have a regular ‘date’ they’ll do, like watch a TV show or go to the movies?
    Their 'dates' are very simple outings. Billy and Amelina watch movies while getting absolutely wasted, but they also do other fun things, e.g. Billy sometimes teaches her about running across rooftops and using her surroundings to her advantage or pick-pocketing others without them finding out about it. But they don't truly do any extravagant meetings or celebrations that would be out of the ordinary unless the occasion is really special, e.g. a birthday or some very important date for one of that pair. However, most of their 'dates' involve stupid movies, a lot of alcohol and making the life of the other 'ghosts' a living hell. They sometimes get scolded.
    xxxDo they fight? Often?
    Not too often. Of course, they bicker about trivial things a lot, but serious fights are few and far between. They mostly happen whenever Billy starts to think that he's not as useful as the other members of their team. Or whenever Amelina starts to think that her past has defined her as a spoiled, good-for-nothing child, who she used to be. However, most of the time, they fight about very silly things and it doesn't mean much to either of them. But when the serious fights do happen, they are nearly always accompanied by tears from the person, who's feeling misunderstood or worthless. I'm not sure if you could even call them actual 'arguments', though.
    xxxAre they a ‘soft’ couple or not? What is their relationship like?
    I wouldn't really call them 'soft'. No one in the group is soft. I'm not sure how eager they would be to openly express the fact that they're dating (given how strict and unforgiving One could be regarding personal attachments), but I imagine their romance would be one based on fairly gentle public displays of affection, e.g. touching hands, gentle nudges, whispering to each other, etc. Perhaps, they would get a bit bolder after their first successful mission came to an end, and one country would be liberated from its overlord. But it's still a relationship based on trivial bickering, pranks and just having a good time with each other. But it isn't really 'soft'.