Changing of the Guard

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.

Moderator: Admin Aide

thunderofthedrum
Admin
House: Halcyon

Changing of the Guard

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:38 pm

At this time, we have a big announcement to share with everyone! While you guys should already be aware that I am beginning the transition to retirement, please go ahead and check out our new post about Shep's retirement effective immediately, if you haven't already! I can only speak for myself when I say that she is going to be missed immensely from her role as Administrator of AS with me. I know she has voiced some frustrations in her parting letter and to be honest, they are things I have sometimes felt myself, and others too. As usual, I admire her ability to be direct and call it like she sees it, as I know sometimes I try a little too hard to keep things diplomatic and, as a result, sometimes less authentic. She always was a good balance to my own personality and admin style! She has been a great resource, a voice of reason, a champion of the users, a friend and confidante, a partner, and an invaluable source of support. I truly wish her all the best.

With that new development, I'm sure you guys are wondering "who the heck is going to be admin now" - and we do have an answer for you. We have decided to offer the position to ichor., who has already gotten accustomed to hard work behind the scenes through her role as Admin Aide and who is excited to take up this new position. And as we don't want to leave things super short, we have also extended an offer to Deer to be a new Admin Aide, which she has accepted! Both members are active daily in working towards a better AS and care passionately about the forum and its members. I am so very excited to see this new era under new leadership!

So without further ado, please join me in wishing Shep well and giving a heartfelt congratulations to ichor. and Deer!

Happy February!

Neighborhood Administrator at your service.

Happy Birthday to all of the February blueberries!
Smamm
Archivist
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Re: Changing of the Guard

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:03 pm

Congratulations frens! You’re going to kill it! c:

previously eccedentesiast
~|| my grape-y pie ||~
Golden Snitch
Yellow Belt
House: Vipera

Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:35 am

Congrats Ichor and deer. Sorry to see you go Shep.
LeesiGalaxy
Green Belt
House: Halcyon

Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Oh, sorry I’m late! I have loved seeing Deer and Ichor around the site and in the discord— on the occasions I’ve spoken to them, I’ve always left with nothing but good vibes from them, and I’m so excited and happy for them!

I also wanted to say that I’m sorry to Commander Shepard and to you, Thunder, that things have been so tough on you both. People become entitled when things aren’t done exactly their way, and it sucks that they essentially bullied you guys through the use of the Anon Box. Just know that those being abusive are a minority, and a loud one to boot; they are also the exception, not the rule. And those who are not being abusive but are simply frustrated, I’m sure they never meant to come across as rude or entitled. I know it’s presumptuous for me to say that I speak for the majority of us, but we really have appreciated everything you have done for us and the site, and all of the time an energy you have sacrificed to keep it up and running. I wish Deer and Ichor the best in their new roles, and I wish Thunder and Shep luck in whatever they decide to do next. Take care. <3
Grengirl
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:11 am

I'm so proud of Ichor and Deer they will of course continue in their glory. Congrats to you two yet again. ♡

I'm immensely sad however to see Shep go under these circumstances I enjoyed her honesty and dedication around here. She will be missed. Best wishes Commander!

Thunder I only want you to enjoy your eventual retirement and I have no doubt I'll still see you around here maybe we will actually get a chance to do a rp? We almost tried about two years ago I think it was? Maybe three now?

So many chances these past few months.. I can't wait to see the butterfly when it's all said and done.
ichor.
Admin
House: Halcyon Keeper

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:36 am

Thank you for all the congratulations <3 I look forward to what comes ahead and hope to continue improving AS to the best of my ability ^_^