Single Parents Awareness-1x1 with Snow Eevee and Miss Rose

All 1x1 roleplays go here.

Moderator: Roleplay Moderators

Single Parents Awareness-1x1 with Snow Eevee and Miss Rose

Postby Little Rebel » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:53 am

This is a 1x1 with me and Miss Rose about Single Parenthood. If your interested in a Single Parenthood rp, then join All These Lovely Firsts, made by Miss Rose. Hurry before Spots are gone. Anyway, I ask that you please do not post on here, but feel free to read along ^_^ thanks and have a wonderful day!
ImageThank you Aiden for the awesome pic!
Little Rebel
Blue Belt

Re: Single Parents Awareness-1x1 with Snow Eevee and Miss Ro

Postby Little Rebel » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:55 am

Name/Nickname-Bonjour, mon nom est Clairene Désirée Clarke. Hey all, so for all of you newbies who don't know French, I said 'Hello, my name is Clairene Désirée Clarke. My name is kinda unique, I suppose. Or at least that's what everybody else tells me. The name 'Clairene' is the pet form of the French name 'Claire' so you're more than welcome to call me Claire. But if you call me Claire Bear or CB... I will kill you. Anyways, Clairene means 'Clear' or 'Bright' in French, so... I guess my parents were hoping for a sweet little girl. Likewise, the name 'Désirée' is also French for 'desired' which could possibly account for my beauty. Anyway, enough about my name. Onto the good stuff!”

Age- “I am 19 years young.”

Gender- “I'm a boy. Just kidding I'm a girl... seriously... if you thought I was a boy then you have serious issues...”

Nationality- “I am half French, half British. My mother was a French heiress living in the French Countryside, which gave me a faint Southern twang, my father a British business man. I suppose they fell in love in one of those cheesy, whirlwind romances my mum's always dreaming about... but unlike those romances, my mother ended up losing her inheritance because she disobeyed her parents' wishes by marrying my father. Luckily, my Grandparents adore me.”

Accent- “My Accent is very interesting, a mix of French, British, and Southern twang. Most think that's odd, but it's actually quite adorable if I do say so myself!”

Orientation- “Straight.”

Personality- “I am the coolest gal you'll ever meet.” Clairene is one of the most playful and childish girls you'll ever meet. Easy-going and intelligent, she has an optimistic outlook on life that makes those around her flock to her. Clairene is caring, compassionate, and kind. She'll stop whatever she's doing in an instant if you ask for help or advise and she is always going out of her way to make people feel better, giving them inspirational little comments. However what sets her apart from suck-ups is that Clairene doesn't lie. If she says that you're an awesome and good-hearted person, she is being dead serious. Likewise though, Clairene's brutal honest isn't always such a great thing. If she doesn't like you, she'll tell you flat out. Luckily though, Clairene rarely-if ever-dislikes someone without reason. She's simply an accepting and kind person. She can be a bit-okay very-stubborn at times. When she gets something into her head, it's nearly impossible to change her mind. She is talkative, clever, and witty with a great sense of humor. She is very polite, always saying please and thank you. She is a very selfless person overall. She is also a notorious flirt! But you'll know if she likes you, because she becomes shy and very klutzy. Now let's get onto her Daredevil side. Growing up in a big house with extensive funds has given Clairene an advantage over other Daredevils. She will do any dare, no matter how dangerous or risky, and has broken numerous bones from her arms to her ribs and once her left leg. It never stops her. She hasn't a shred of self-preservation.

History- Clairene was born to a French Heiress who'd lost her inheritance and a rich British man who cared more about work than his family. In her first few years, France was everything that the young girl knew. She was adored by her Grandparents, who doted on her hand and foot, and was dressed like a living doll. Her mother was a very loving young woman, a stay at home mom no less, and acted like Claire was her life. Then, at the ripe age of six, Claire was taken from everything she'd ever known. Her father moved them from the peaceful French countryside to the bustling cities of London. Clairene didn't much miss it, but her mother became terribly depressed. Within a few years, her mother died. Unconcerned with her well-being, Clairene's father got her a nanny, so he wouldn't have to bring her with during business trips. He traveled for long periods of time, his visits home brief, and even when he was in town, he was usually locked in his study. Having grown up with her father visiting only rarely, Claire didn't really mind. Then, at the age of ten, her father died and Claire was taken to America, to live with her Grandparents, who had relocated there. She was doted on once more, content to stay with her Grandparents. Finally, her life seemed to be just about perfect. She graduated high school, met a boy... and wound up pregnant at the nineteen. She was forced to quit college to take care of the baby. Her boyfriend cheated on her and later ditched her, leaving her all alone with a baby boy.

Likes-
*Her Son
*Big Dogs
*Chocolate
*Reading
*Writing
*Playing the Piano
*Playing the guitar
*Playing the Flute
*Music
*Singing
*Hanging out with friends
*Watching TV
*Surfing the Internet
*Surfing
*Tennis
*Basketball
*Soccer
*Floor Hockey
*Ice Skating
*France
*Cats

Dislikes-
*Bullies
*Thunder and Lightning
*Being told what to do
*Authority figures
*Small dogs
*Being underestimated
*Being called 'Princess'
*Not getting her way
*Losing
*White Chocolate
*Fish
*Meat(She's a Vegetarian)
*Being babied
*London

Strengths-
*Intelligent
*Fencing
*Archery
*Fluent in five languages OTHER than English (French, Latin, Romanian, Italian, and German)
*Beauty
*Speed
*Agility

Weaknesses-
*Brute Strength
*Easily Distracted
*Too rash and impulsive
*Can't swim
*Thunder and Lightning

Talents-
*Piano
*Guitar
*Flute
*Fluent in six languages

Fears-
*Thunder and Lightning Storms
*Spiders
*Drowning

Crush- Open

Boyfriend- Win her heart

MEET ELLIOT
"Meet Elliot Louie Clarke, my pride and joy. Elliot is a sweet and sensitive little boy who usually goes by Louie. He is eight months old and is always going out of his way to be 'helpful'. He is smart and playful, if a little bit defiant. Still, I love him more than life itself."
Last edited by Little Rebel on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Rebel
Blue Belt

Postby MissRose » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:54 am

Name: "My name is Ava London."
Gender: "Well, I popped out a baby about two years ago, so let's see...female."
Physical Details: "I have natural 'ombre' hair, with bleached blonde on the top and darker blonde on the bottom. I have muddy, green-brown eyes and full pink lips. I have a spattering of freckles across my nose and cheeks that I thankfully didn't pass on to my little angel, Caleb..he's always looked more like his dad.
Crush: Not quite yet.
Best Friend: "My bestie? Clariene Clark, duh! We both have little boys around the same age, so when our single parents club formed a few years ago, we instantly clicked."
"I think I've always lived a priveleged life. My parents were rich, what can I say. When I was eighteen, my parents unfortunately died in an accident...and that really killed me on the inside. I inherited their money, their house, their properties..but I use most of that money now on Caleb. I had a hard time dealing with my parents' death. I leaned heavily on my boyfriend, Jonathan, and he moved in with me.
Now, there's another story. Jonathan and I had dated throughout highschool. We weren't just a couple, we were THEE couple. I had always loved Jon with my everything, we were each other's whole world. I thought we'd always planned on being together for ever, living in my parent's old house, raise our own kids, you know...happily ever after.
Well, just before my nineteenth birthday, I found out I was pregnant. Originally, I was thrilled. Now Jon and I could get married, and it'd be just like we planned. I thought he would be thrilled too. And at first, he was. But as my pregnancy progressed, I could feel Jon getting cold feet..he hadn't even proposed yet, and I was six months pregnant already! So when I woke up one day, and his side of the bed was empty, I wasn't surprised. I was hurt, raging, pregnant, and alone. But in the end, I saw it coming. But when my baby was born, I didn't feel any of those negative emotions. Getting pregnant and having Caleb was the best thing that has ever happened to me. He is my saving grace, my angel, my one and only. I named him Caleb, and gave him my last name, London. Caleb Avan London.

"Okay, serious. More about me. This is hard. Okay, umm. I'm playful. I like to flirt, mess around, and be silly. In fact, I'm not much good at being serious at all. When things get serious, they get real, and for the most part, I like to avoid the heavy stuff. I'm just scared to get hurt again, you know? And, I have Caleb to think about. I love to smile, and hang around with my friends, and I love CALEB. He is the best baby in the whole world and I love him so so so much.
I'm thoughtful, and caring. So when it comes to people I care about, then yes, I get serious. My friends and I trade that sarcastic kind of humor, but for the most part we are all really sweet, and great parents.
I'm also very excitable, loud, {not obnoxiously so} and energetic. I just love to go places, do things, and talk."

"Aww, there he is. Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen? He is soo cute. Well, he's my baby. His name is Caleb Avan London. He's just turned two. Not a baby anymore, you say? Bite your tongue. He is my baby and he will always be my baby, forever. and ever. He's inherited most of his facial traits from his father. The clear blue eyes, the structure. He did get his beautiful little mouth and gorgeous blonde hair from me. He may not look a lot like me, but trust me, he acts like me.

My little Caleb is very mischevious. He's always on the run. Peek-a-boo and hide and go seek are his favorite games. He loves the 'surprise' of them. Caleb does have a bit of a listening problem. If you want him to pick up his toys and he is really intrigued by one of them, he'll pretend he hasn't heard you and he won't pick them up. So a little defiant. But trust me, Mommy doesn't deal with that. Mommy counts to three and if Caleb hasn't started picking up his toys by then, then he gets a little time-out.

Caleb isn't exactly speaking full sentences yet. My friends tell me it takes longer for boys to talk than it does girls. He understands everything I tell him, it's just that we have to prompt him to speak. Caleb is very outgoing within our group of friends, but when we go out, like maybe Walmart or something, he is bashfully, adorably shy. When strangers smile at him, he'll blush bright red, grin, and cover his eyes with his hands. But when he's around people he's comfortable with, then he is just a doll. He gets along with everyone, and we're working really well on our sharing.

There is just one problem though. Caleb is a runner. If he sees something that catches his interest, he will just baby-sprint after it. No matter where he is. And that just terrifies me. If I turn my back for one-second, and say a butterfly floats by, when I turn back around, he's after it. And that is just so scary, you know? For any mother. But I try really hard to keep a close eye on him, so he doesn't get too far.

Well, I think that's about enough straight up information, you think? Get to know us! You'll like us, I promise."

ImageImage
On Mondays and Wednesdays I do not get home from school until about 9:30 to 8:30 pm, so unfortunately I will not be very active at all on those days.
Looking for active roleplays and active roleplay partners.

"Explaining freedom to angels is a bit like teaching poetry to fish." .Cas.
MissRose
Yellow Belt

Postby MissRose » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:47 am

{{I'm just going to start with Ava and Caleb, and then post my dad whenever I get the muse for him. I don't want him to be a forced character. He'll come to me, I promise. :) Oh, and I forgot to edit my form and I probably won't, but I figured we'd start from the beginning. And since Louis is 2 3/4 years old to Caleb's just turned two, when Caleb is a week old, wouldn't Louis be about eight months? And I'll probably post in third sometimes and in first when I feel like it. Just to give a heads up. :) }}

Ava sighed hard, pushing air out of her mouth. The sounds of her baby screaming were resounding in the early morning darkness. She rolled over to check the time on her digital alarm clock. 1:47 a.m. She groaned, and rolled out of bed, stretching and then padding down the hall to her son's nusery. "Caleb," she crooned to him as she stood over his bassinet, "Mommy is tired." She picked up her newborn son and cradled him in her arms. "Shh, baby, it's okay," she whispered to him. "Mommy is right here." She knew he was hungry. Every night for the past six days he had been home, he'd woken up at nearly two, wanting to be fed. This was expected, he was a newborn baby, after all. Ava sat down in the wooden rocking chair in the corner of Caleb's nursery and whipped out her right breast for Caleb to feed. As Caleb ate, Ava rocked very gently in the chair back and forth, almost falling asleep herself. It was crazy, that nine days ago, Ava was just a hot, sweaty mess, waiting for this baby inside of her to get out so she could be herself again. It was also crazy how, eight days ago, Ava's entire 'herself' changed. She wasn't the girl she was before giving birth to this miracle. She was a woman, and she wasn't just Ava London, she was Caleb London's mother. When Caleb was done, Ava looked down at him and he was asleep again. She grinned to herself, and switched Caleb's position, so that he was lying against her chest, with her hands under his bottom and across his back. She readjusted her bra and shirt so she was all covered up, and she just sat there, and rocked in the chair, relishing the weight and feel of this beautiful little person laying on top of her. It was funny how her world had shrunk from an entire planet to an seven pound, 21 inch long being in a week.

What Ava thought was even funnier, {or well, sadder} was that she had no one to share it with. Her parents had died, and Jonathan..well, Jonathan was miles and miles away, or wherever he was. He'd skipped out on being a husband and a father, and instead chose to live whatever lifestyle he was living now. Most of her party friends had abandoned her when they found out she was pregnant, because pregnant girls can't party, and all of her old high-school friends had scattered across the world. Truly, it was just just Ava and Caleb, against the world. Ava sighed as her own stomach growled. She gently lifted herself from the wooden rocking chair, careful to try and not wake her sleeping newborn. She set him down gently in his bassinet, and then left the room. Ava loved her house. She'd lived in it her entire life, but after her parents died, and after Jonathan moved out, she'd remodeled it to fit just her. Elegant, chic, modern with a classic, sometimes fairytale twist.
She walked into her dark wood cabineted kitchen, and went to get a glass of juice from the stainless steel refridgerator when she noticed a flyer magneted to the front. It caught her eye, and as she mangled the cap off the Apple Juice carton, she quickly read over it's contents.

"A support group for single parents, mhm? When did I pick that up? Must have been at the library. Should I go? Do I even know any other single parents?" Ava thought. "Well, that answers that question. I don't know any other single parents. This will be good for me. For us. Then, when KK gets older, he'll have a group of people supporting him instead of just me."

The meeting was at one p.m. the next day. "Ugh, today, actually," Ava moaned internally. She drank her apple juice and then put the empty glass in the dishwasher and returned to her bed at three a.m in the morning.
On Mondays and Wednesdays I do not get home from school until about 9:30 to 8:30 pm, so unfortunately I will not be very active at all on those days.
Looking for active roleplays and active roleplay partners.

"Explaining freedom to angels is a bit like teaching poetry to fish." .Cas.
MissRose
Yellow Belt

Postby Little Rebel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Clairene had been attending Single Parents Awareness since her son was born, eight months ago. It was noon, and she was getting ready to head over to the meeting. In the past few months, Elliot had begun to sleep later and later, much to her relief. No more waking up at three in the morning to give him a bottle. Glancing into her room from the adjacent bathroom, she smiled as she watched him play in his playpen. He was so cute, taking more after her than after his father. He had her silky brown hair and her gray-blue eyes, her wide, dimpled smile that managed to look sweet and cheeky at the same time. He was undoubtedly the one bright point in her life. Focusing back on the here and now, she turned back to the mirror and finished brushing her hair before tying it back into a pony tail. She pursed her lips thoughtfully at her appearance. No make-up except for a tiny bit of lip gloss. She liked to think of her face as naturally beautiful, with her smooth ivory skin and her warm smile. Reaching up, she tucked a stray lock of hair behind one ear, then moved to pick up Elliot. She had named her son Elliot Louie Clark, though more often than not she just called him Louie. There were only three kids near his age in the support group, seeing as most of them were younger than he. Still, Claire knew she had a lot to learn about being a mother.

The clock read 12:30 now. Scooping Louie into her arms, she headed to the ground floor and slipped swiftly into the kitchen. She set him up with some dry cereal and a bottle of apple juice before grabbing an apple for herself and settling down. Unlike most kids his age, Elliot was very careful when he ate, never dropping his food on the floor which was kind of astonishing at his age. She smiled to herself as she watched him for a few more moments, then turned to start on the dishes. By 12:45, the pair were ready to go, headed down the steps that led into the expansive garage. Unlocking the door to her Mini Van-it was a new addition and looked rather out of place beside the Sports Cars she so loved to collect-she buckled Elliot in and then slid into the drivers seat. While it wasn't as nice as her Ferrari or her Porsche, and it definitely paled in comparison to the Corvette-she really was obsessed with cars-it started smoothly and she pulled out of the garage and drove the short distance without a hitch. She walked into the room five minutes before 1, smiling and returning the greetings of those around her.
Little Rebel
Blue Belt

Return to One-On-One